Updated BCM textures (really big pics ahead)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTE: THIS IS THE 1st OF THREE.

http://gaming.playnow.ca/downloads/BCM

If you can also host it yourself alternatively, plase post a link for others here.

Now, to let people know, I only have a 1 Mbit up stream, so if a lot of people try to grab this right away it's going to be real slow. Nothing I can do for that now, but if it's really in demand and people are downloading via HTTP, then I'll have to set up an FTP server.

I tried to put the file on Silk's FTP, but I guess it's down. Anyways, We'll see how it goes, Enjoy!

Props to Obsidian for these kick ass textures.

[ 05-14-2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Fractux ]

Okay, I've sent the second part on its way. Special thanks to Fractux and $ilk for hosting. If you've downloaded and tried the new skins, please do me the small favor of telling me what you think. Thanks again.

There's some pics on the first page of this thread, but they're pics of older versions. The new skins are much cleaner. Try the demo skin, if you're feeling hesitant. I'll put up new demo pics soon, but it's so easy to intall the skin pack (and, if need be, reverse the install) that you really shouldn't hesitate to try them. If you don't like the skins, it's just a matter of cut and pasting the old ones back in. Easy as pie.

[ 05-15-2003, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: ob5idian ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Lol... I've been reading up on this thread for a while, but haven't had the time to say the following:

I think it belongs in
, as this thread is MOD related. I'd move it if I could, but you know...

Why would it go in the GBS forum when it's not GBS related?

Thank you, Tyrn, for remedying that problem. I was unaware that the GBS forum applied to all mods, and for lack of a better place I stuck this topic in "General". Please accept my apologies.

Now that that's done with, the last part of the new ship textures is going to Fractux right now. Again, please do tell me your impressions. If you've the time, please download at least one of the parts of the set and give them a look. It only takes a minute, and is easily reversible. I appreciate all the attention this topic has been getting, but the lack of feedback (positive or negative) is a bit discouraging. So, please do throw in your oar. I'm listening.

The texture sets can be grabbed at the following URL:

http://gaming.playnow.ca/downloads/BCM

TEXTURE SET...............STATUS

#1...........................AVAILABLE

#2...........................AVAILABLE

#3...........................AVAILABLE

Please be sure to send obsidian some feedback. Props to him for all the work he's put into this.

Cheers!

Okay, I know that some people have downloaded the packs. At least 20, as far as I know. And I haven't gotten a single response. Please, please, please, give me your opinions. Good or bad, I don't care, just something. The packs are easy to install, extremely safe, and all changes are very easy to undo. So please, give the packs a try. At worst, you uninstall them and move on. But no matter what, please give me you input.

On that note, thanks to all that have tried the packs already. Fractux has the FPS pack, with the new character skins. He'll likely put them up sometime soon. Again, please, please do give me your input. Thanks again.

I've been trying to download them a few times, but with my puny connection having some major problems recently (the download was 96% complete, and my modem decided it didn't want to play anymore, or allow itself to be reinstalled, so I had to reinstall windows) so I hope I'll be able to try at least bumpyships1 today in BCMG. Soon as I do, I'll give ya some feedback.

Guest Remo Williams

I downloaded the first set opened it up and took a look. They were pretty cool I liked some of them. I didn't install them and check them out in-game though. I like the official texture set as is. Thanks for the effort and sharing anyway though nice work.

Managed to download all three and installed and run in BCMG no probs. I like what I've seen so far, but I obviously haven't been able to look at too many models in game so far. I especially like what you've done to the starfighter, I'llk be downloading and using the rest of your offerings from now on. Have you touched up the station textures, too? Maybe it's just me, but ISS seems a lot nicer up close, feels bigger.

• 2 weeks later...