Updated BCM textures (really big pics ahead)

Don't worry people will start notice it soon and then you will get all the comments you want, er people might also be lazy and just don't post. There arn't that many people who look in here for mods. Maybe a new board is needed to seperate mods/builder system and cheats/hacks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The texture sets can be grabbed at the following URL:

http://gaming.playnow.ca/downloads/BCM

TEXTURE SET...............STATUS

#1...........................AVAILABLE.....57 downloads so far

#2...........................AVAILABLE.....41 downloads so far

#3...........................AVAILABLE.....28 downloads so far

From these numbers I just have to add that all three packages contain different textures. Just a wierd discrepancy that 29 less people d/l #3 then #1.

Please be sure to send obsidian some feedback. Props to him for all the work he's put into this.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

The files are no longer served via HTTP.

You must get them by logging on to the following FTP server.

NOTE: you must use your FTP client in PASSIVE mode, and you must disable multiple connections, as the FTP server does not allow it.

server: gaming.playnow.ca

port: 6968

There are a limited number of slots, of if you cannot connect, wait a while before attempting again.

• 3 months later...

Ok, we've rearranged the network again.

Now I'm hosting some files for Freespace2 for the HLP community ( http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hlp/ ) and so to get to the textures you're going to have to use the same account I've made for them since my brother and I share the bandwidth.

You can get the logon instuctions at the following link: CLICK HERE

Sometimes the forums go down so here are the instructions (I just cut and pasted my post, server info is in red)

-----

READ THE FOLLOWING IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS

SERVER STATUS: ONLINE

Greetings HLPBB!

I've got an FTP server up and running right now were people can come and get the missing .VP files from the HOTU Freespace 2 version.

Karajorma, Target, Kasperl, FreeTerran, and DracosX have been kind enough to upload these files, so everyone give props to them for doing this! And also, a note that anyone can upload files to it, so if you want to help out and upload as well, that would be appreciated.

All of the missing files are on the FTP server, the movies, however, are in .AVI format, so follow ther README directions that karajorma wrote to get them to work using FS_Open, which is also available on the server. [however you may as well just go check for the latest official release here

VP FILES AVAILABLE:

sparky_fs2.vp

root_fs2.vp

sparky_hi_fs2.vp

stu_fs2.vp

warble_fs2.vp

tangoX_fs2.vp [All 3 files]

smarty_fs2.vp

Ok, here are the details:

You can log in anonymously. [if you have anything big to upload, make sure you put it in the UPLOADS directory. YOU CAN NOT DOWNLOAD FROM THE UPLOADS DIRECTORY]

To connect, you must set your FTP client to use PASSIVE MODE.

NOTE: DISABLE MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS IN YOUR CLENT OR YOU WILL BE KICKED. THE SERVER HAS LIMITED CONNECTIONS IF YOU KEEP TRYING TO CONNECT REPEATEDLY YOU WILL BE BANNED TEMPORARILY FOR 300 SECONDS.

Also note, since I have limited bandwidth available, there are currently only 2 slots for users, each with a maximum of 14.7 KB/s.

---------------------------------------------

port: 6969

username: freespacer

If you are using Internet Explorer (I do not recommend this) to log on to the FTP server, make sure you select USE PASSIVE FTP in the ADVANCED INTERNET PROPERTIES, then type the following in the address bar:

ftp://gaming.playnow.ca:6969

I suggest that you download a good FTP client. Here is one called Filezilla, that is free and that you can get at the following location: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

If anyone wants any info, post here or PM me, or email me.

Cheers!

Damn, and here I thought this whole deal was pretty much dead. Well, apparently not. If anybody's donwloaded the textures, please do tell me how you liked (or didn't like) them. I still toy around with this whole deal every once-in-a-while, but if nobody's interested I won't bother to release the changes. Any input is still welcome. Also, if Fractux would be so kind as to tell me how many downloads he's gotten, that'd be nice.

I can't give you exact figures right now (as my brother deleted the logs about two days ago), but I can say with certainty that it hasn't gotten more than 60 downloads.

A shame because eveyone should use these textures, as they really give it a nice look.

Cheers!

I'll rehash this again to make it clearer.

To connect, you must set your FTP client to use PASSIVE MODE.

NOTE: DISABLE MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS IN YOUR CLENT OR YOU WILL BE KICKED. THE SERVER HAS LIMITED CONNECTIONS IF YOU KEEP TRYING TO CONNECT REPEATEDLY YOU WILL BE BANNED TEMPORARILY FOR 300 SECONDS.

Also note, since I have limited bandwidth available, there are currently only 2 slots for users, each with a maximum of 14.7 KB/s.

port: 6969

username: freespacer

• 1 month later...

hi there, I currently only have inet access at the uni and the uni is blocking all ports except of 21 and 80, so if it would be possible to host these textures on another server or if there is a possibility to upload these to one of my servers....

I only have 5 Gigs of traffic included though..I could make it a possible download mirror if the traffic usage doesn't get too high.

Greetz

VampireLord

P.S.: PM me please regarding the option to upload these to my server