Design a ship!

hyndis

I'm with Sir John on this mostly because I guess I'm in the same boat. But on the flip side, I certainly see where SC is coming from. In fact, I think if I was him, I wouldn't release it. But I'd love to play with it, so if I put my gamers hat on, I say hell yeah, release it. But I respect and understand the ground rules associated with an unsupported product. Basically, there's the beta testers and the general public. GBS2 belongs in the beta testers hands but not the general public. Unfortunately there is a 3rd group (perhaps like Falstaff and myself) that are not beta testers but are capable and respect the rules.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case wait and eventually you might become Beta testers and get access to GBS. In the mean time I think you can still get GBS 1 for BC3K2.0 there are differances but you should be able to get a general idea of scripting and changing variables.

yup. I have got GBS1 with my BC3K.

I have Windows 2000 pro on my computer so it does me little good.

That's why I was estatic to find BCMG in the stores... I've not played BC since I upgraded to Win2k.

But, anywho. I guess I could read the docs with it again just in case I should trip over a copy of GBSII....

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

have you tried getting BC3K running on your system? and if so what problem are you running into?

Well, it's been a while since I tried. I guess I can try installing it again. I just remembered that it didn't want to run under windows 2000 pro after I upgraded.

If it will work with windows 2000 pro then I'll try again. I mean, bc3k is still real cool. But I don't think it works on the NT kernel since it was designed as a protected DOS environment on Windows 95/98 or something like that..... Not sure of the details. Product info says its for win95/98 too.

quote:

Originally posted by Sir John Falstaff:

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

have you tried getting BC3K running on your system? and if so what problem are you running into?

Well, it's been a while since I tried. I guess I can try installing it again. I just remembered that it didn't want to run under windows 2000 pro after I upgraded.

If it will work with windows 2000 pro then I'll try again. I mean, bc3k is still real cool. But I don't think it works on the NT kernel since it was designed as a protected DOS environment on Windows 95/98 or something like that..... Not sure of the details. Product info says its for win95/98 too.

Ok, I was able to get the game to run ok under WinXP pro but there were some mouse issues.

my ship would be thye USS Mars, with

100 Missile tubes specially designed for Bugnor Missiles,

10 R.A.N.D.O.M. tubes,

id assigned a goup of research engineers to build a HSD into Random for simulatenous long distance strikes,further icnreasing the ability to respond to conflict as it breaks out anywhere.

The ship would be equipped with specially deisgned fighters with special bombs, that have the power of a OTS but can be dropped within the atmosphere onto targets

the ship would also have several ATS missile silos for precision strikes on ground targets,

and be be capable of carrying 100 Marines for quick strike forces.

quote:

Originally posted by FCSN_Perches:

my ship would be thye USS Mars, with

100 Missile tubes specially designed for Bugnor Missiles,

10 R.A.N.D.O.M. tubes,

id assigned a goup of research engineers to build a HSD into Random for simulatenous long distance strikes,further icnreasing the ability to respond to conflict as it breaks out anywhere.

The ship would be equipped with specially deisgned fighters with special bombs, that have the power of a OTS but can be dropped within the atmosphere onto targets

the ship would also have several ATS missile silos for precision strikes on ground targets,

and be be capable of carrying 100 Marines for quick strike forces.

And you'd have the combined fleets of the enemy dropping their differences and hunting you down. Think "Bismarc"

How would modded ships function under multiplayer?

In many other mp games, such craft are the bane. Rogue players enter a game with souped-up fighters and disrupt play for as long as it takes the host to identify and boot them.

I'd hate to see that happen here. I suspect tolerance for such behavior would be low.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

How would modded ships function under multiplayer?

They won't because the server will reject any entity which fails a CRC check. So, while someone might sneak in, but as soon as an update packet is sent and the server knows about it, the client will be ejected and banned.

• 2 years later...

hmm, all of those sound really good, but my money would be on the ship that is a little more....lets say....imaginary.

A full Biological living ship. of course, what does this do in space? well, plant of course, yes, a plant if you will.

it would be....oh lets say...about:

*2700m long

*height of 1350m

an overal width at the longest point to be about 2000m

*PTA turrets, no, more like solar radiation cannons. penetrate measly sheilds with ease. (one or two of those, not to be over-powerfull)

*main cannon, not mechanical, but launches super heated beams created by two plates on the surface that concentrate the sunlight and reflect it into the "main cannon" kinda like a magnifying glass, but effective at all ranges.

*main means of flight..energy plates, transfer sunlight into pure, undonting energy.

*speed, hella fast...cant turn worth crap tho.

no means of sheild, and no collateral damage by incoming ships, a very hard carapace, 500000 ap, but no internal things get damaged until that goes down, once its down, the ship is no more than a cargo pod....that moves...

MY dream ship....not filled with people ethier, more along the lines of...aliens!! oh yeah, aliens, and/or predators...

oh, one more thing, i know this is a little ripped off, BUT WHERE THE CRAP IS THE STAR DESTROYER??!?!? i mean, honestly, a star destroyer would be swweeettt....or a death star, acts like a station, just no planet around it. heh, sry bout the caps

• 2 weeks later...

lol, amazing that i didnt find this game earlier. i dunno how i missed it... (just found out about the battlecruiser series, shame on me) but i love it! i had no idea about the dates on these either >.< i feel left out

• 2 years later...