GBS??

I'm quite the noobie when it comes to this department, so please be kind...

I was wondering what sort of things will we be able to do with the GBS tool?

I know some of the things you can change already, like textures and what not, but what about weapon effects?

Say for example I wanted to change the lasers from the turrets to green on the warmonger, Would I be able to do something as specific as that?

Would I be able to adjust all the weapon effects, conrails and damage effects for each ship in the game to something different?

You see, I'm having trouble distinguishing which laser beam came from whom in the game? They either look like they came from my ship or my enemy's ship. Anyone else have this problem?

I would be very much oblijed to anyone who can respond,in anyway, to my post.

Thanx...

quote:

Originally posted by Extinct_Reptilia:

I'm quite the noobie when it comes to this department, so please be kind...

Being a n00b is no excuse for not researching your question before posting.

As has been said before just about everything depicted in the BCM /G universe can be changed with the correct tools and GBS.

That's if you known what your doing.

What you will be allowed to do in the released version , now that's another story.

I did research but I couldn't find any posts on help with changing the textures of weapon effects and contrails for individual ships.

Since Pugwash says "just about everything depicted in the BCM /G universe can be changed" I now know it's possible to adjust these things!!!

but how do I go about doing this?

I simply want to change the laser turret and contrail effects so that they differ from other ships.

I've tried to some extent with contrails, but it seems my revisions aren't seen in the game.

Could someone please be kind and help me if they know of any solutions. I'd be very grateful...

quote:

Originally posted by Extinct_Reptilia:

I simply want to change the laser turret and contrail effects so that they differ from other ships.

I've tried to some extent with contrails, but it seems my revisions aren't seen in the game.

Thats not done using GBS

Yah, I guess you're right. Just ignore the name of the topic people, I thought GBS and BCS were all the same...

I tried those revisions with BCS and they didn't seem to appear in the game.

But regardless of whatever I used, can someone still try to help me here please? And is it still possible? What tools should I use???

quote:

I basically can't do any of those cool ideas I mentioned above and it's totally impossible with the current tools available? Correct??

What Cmdr Laracuente is saying is that ONLY the beta testers know, and they ain't talking (NDA?). We can only wait until the game is in our hands. At then you can answer your own question by playing around with the tools.

Patience young reptile.