More silly mod question(s) from extinct_reptilia

Ok I've been reading old posts very extensively the past few days trying to figure out something.

First off, I read this in the GBS tutorial which sort of gave me hope:

quote:

The legacy ones (e.g SHOTm4) are more like projectiles. This creates a LOT of shots and which have a high impact during massive battles, though they may look better than the R class since they are more visual.

The P class shots (e.g. SHOTm4p) are used for the beam (aka PAD) type shots used by turrets. You cannot use P type shots for guns; only on turrets. So don't try it. And since nothing is stopping you from mounting turrets on a fighter (or any object for that matter), be my guest.

OK my silly question is this people; can I replace the turret beam unit model to a single blast unit model? The intended result would be similar to how the turrets were in previous BC games, basically without the beam.

If anyone knows if this effect is possible, just reply or PM me.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

No. If you want GBS-III, wait for UC. I'm never releasing GBS-II to the public. Ever.

Haha , oh man! You sure are stubborn sir!!

WhatÔÇÖs the harm in uploading a little olÔÇÖ file anyway? Aww heck, you win!

I guess GBS II will go down in history as that mysterious and secret program no one ever got to use, except the beta testers.

Sure makes people like me wonder what it could have been like though.

i know i'm not extinct_reptilia but i don't wanna start a new thread so i'mma post a question here too.

i think this was mentioned briefly before, but i can't find it for the life of me with the search feature: if i'm putting new modles into the game, does a higher poly count make for a greater strain on the processor or on the video card?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

quote:

Sure makes people like me wonder what it could have been like though.

complex and time consuming, but rewarding when you finally get what you want

hehe, he has NO clue, does he?
Alright then Smart aleck , will GBSIII be as complicated as GBSII or are we getting a very straightforward version, a GBS for dummies if you will?