A couple of questions

Falstaff

1. If I place cargo pods in orbit, will randomly generated harmless castes try to pick them up or will they leave them alone?

2. Is there any way to place objects on a planetary body that has no mission zones?

Thank you.

I'm having a blast with this. I hope to have something for the community before long. I've got a lot of time on my hands this spring break

If an object in orbit has cargo aboard, can that cargo be transferred to a shuttle?

My goal is to scatter cargo pods and derilict ships with artifacts and other goodies randomly throughout the universe for the players to find. It would give a reason to roam in the roam scenario.

I was also hoping to place mission zones on planets for scientific outposts, etc. Oh well, no big thing. There's still plenty of "legos" to play with

I haven't had this much fun in a long time..

In order to collect cargo from a pod, the pod has to be removed once empty. Since you can't remove objects that are in orbit, there's your answer. Besides, I have NO clue why you'd want to put pods in orbit around anything, when you can just create them near other entities already in the world.

You can't create new mzones. Use the ones that are there already.

I put them into orbit because I assumed, from my internal story-line of why they were there, that they would have been ejected in orbit before the ship that carried them crash landed on the planet below. Thus they would be in orbit, waiting for the next lucky soul to happen upon them. They are so rare and precious you wouldn't want them to burn up on a failed reentry would you?

But I can put them near the planet instead. However, this may run the risk of NPCs buggering off with them before the players can find them. This would be a pain in the hiney.