Roll Call

Guest Shingen

Guest Shingen

I'd like all the commanders active on the board who are not apart of an official fleet to report in here and declare their race and caste.

It doesn't matter if you are playing UC, BCM-G, or BC3K. If you don't belong to a fleet, and are active on this board, then you are considered an indie (independent commander).

If you are planning on playing UC MP, then you must declare either the raider or trader castes.

I would like to know how many indies are active on this site, and how we can become better organized for MP.

[ 06-17-2004, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess that includes me as well.

Huh.

Edit: Kinda be nice if Raiders had more ship options.

[ 06-17-2004, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Cc ]

I was wondering when I might get another opportunity to choose such an allegiance. I was a member of SCID a couple years back, but somehow I think this is more suited to my character.

Fast ships and an endless supply of traders and various other castes carrying goodies, muhahahaha

See you out there in the stars

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

Kinda be nice if Raiders had more ship options.

Yeah.. I wish that we had access to the Garid (best ship in the game IMHO), or maybe even the Warmonger.

quote:

Orginally posted by liddokun:

Fast ships and an endless supply of traders and various other castes carrying goodies, muhahahaha

well, it will be as soon as SC activates the cargo-pods in MP to contain something worth raiding.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

well, it will be as soon as SC activates the cargo-pods in MP to contain something worth raiding.

Yep I imagine that would make a fair difference given our main priorities in the game. Should be very interesting to see how this caste ties in with the other active fleets. GALCOM better watch out, the raiders are coming.

quote:

Would you guys please
in the database.

I almost have the Terran/Raider site ready to go up.

Thanks.

edit...NM...I found it

From what I can gather, it appears that folks wishing to MP will have to join a fleet to help keep things organized. Is there any more info on whats going to happen and what sort of requirements there will be?

I'm hoping the raider fleet will be very loose in terms of time commitment since if I was able to do something like that I would have joined another fleet already.

[ 06-17-2004, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Grizzle ]

Guest Shingen

The raider fleet is about as loose as you could want to get.

No repressive rules, no curfew, no bedtime. Just carnage, blood and death to anyone who gets in the way.

Two new official Raiders for the MP Bloodbath!

Commander Liddo

Commander Khan Noonian Singh

Welcome to The Devil's Hand guys!

Who wants to head up the Carnage Wing, and who wants the Subversion Wing?

[ 06-17-2004, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Thanks for the welcome Shingen, proud to be the official first member. And since you asked, I wouldn't mind heading up a wing. A quick rundown of the general tasks involved for each would be nice, and I'll make my decision based on that. cheers.

quote:

No repressive rules, no curfew, no bedtime. Just carnage, blood and death to anyone who gets in the way.

And that would be the reason the military hates us sooo much

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by MadFox:

Erk... been sleeping. So, before you guys get any smart ideas, just to say, count me in.

Madfox, you need to register.

quote:

Originally posted by liddokun:

Thanks for the welcome Shingen, proud to be the official first member. And since you asked, I wouldn't mind heading up a wing. A quick rundown of the general tasks involved for each would be nice, and I'll make my decision based on that. cheers.

Generally, the Carnage wing would be the hit and run wing, largely commited to causing as much carnage as possible, looting and killing at will.

The Subversion wing would be to corrupt young minds to the pleasure of the kill, thus securing and increasing our ranks.

[ 06-18-2004, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Yup carnage is the name of my game, and I've had plenty of hit and run experience to boot. I think we could assign certain commanders in this wing to recon, attack, looting, etc. Either that or its just everyone for themselves but providing assist when needed of course. We still need to watch each others backs out there given that most of the galaxy's inhabitants wouldn't think twice about blowing us into oblivion.

With the commander assignments comes organisation and a fast, effective, and relatively safe way to clear a region. But this as you know would be at the cost of equal opportunity for credits and exp.

We should probably keep it simple given our role. i.e. everyone for themselves, but attacking in groups. Just a few possibilities to ponder on

Hi all!

I'm active in the forums but not yet playing MP. I will probably be playing MP in a couple months or so when I get back to college. I am not affiliated with any official fleet as of now.

Getting a fleet of independant commanders together sounds like a great way to shake up the UC Universe

I'll agree to sign up to help increase the number of active members, but I won't be able to play MP for a while. I just have a 56k connection

I'll go register and check this thread for replies later on.

Happy Raiding!

Hi Ockham, you're welcome to join up, we are in need of fresh mea... erm new recruits atm as you can see. Don't worry too much if you can't get on the servers any time soon, I'm still waiting for my copy of UC to arrive (not easy to get in this corner of the world).

With a little luck I'll be in the MP scene in about a week or so. Until then... good hunting fellas.

lol,thx liddo

Oh, and just my 2 cents on organizing the fleet...

Maybe a few commanders can get together and make a "Raider's Code" of some sorts?

A declaration of intentions and objectives along with several basic rules that all raiders must abide by?

For example,

Raiders never prey on fellow raiders.

Raiders always assist fellow raiders in distress.

A Raider Commander may never forcefully recruit/impress another Raider Commander into an organized Raiding Party, although cooperation and organization are always encouraged.

Just something simple to start out with. Every fleet needs a strong foundation, right? Especially a fleet made up of indie's. Don't want to overcomplicate things too early on

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Ockham:

Oh, and just my 2 cents on organizing the fleet...

Maybe a few commanders can get together and make a "Raider's Code" of some sorts?

A declaration of intentions and objectives along with several basic rules that all raiders must abide by?

For example,

Raiders never prey on fellow raiders.

Raiders always assist fellow raiders in distress.

A Raider Commander may never forcefully recruit/impress another Raider Commander into an organized Raiding Party, although cooperation and organization are always encouraged.

If you have the time Ockham, feel free to write one up and PM it to me, and I'll look at it. If it looks alright, I'll send it to everyone else and we can vote on it.

RL is keeping me waaay too busy right now, so i won't have a whole lot of free time for the next few weeks.

UC arrived in the post today, so I'll be online sooner than I thought

Looks like I'll be raiding solo for a bit but even so I'm sure I can keep all those goody-goods and GALCOM folk occupied

quote:

Originally posted by Ockham:

Just something simple to start out with. Every fleet needs a strong foundation, right? Especially a fleet made up of indie's. Don't want to overcomplicate things too early on

Yup you've got the right idea, and thx for offering to do the raiders code, what would any faction be without rules right?

Lets not get too carried away with this, OK

Captains vs commanders, no big deal,whatever you guys decide.

As I view it,and I may be wrong, but this is a place to come to be independent,to be free to do pretty what you want,without the regimentation some of the other fleets require.

That said ,we have to stick together, because we are up against some nasty dudes with superior firepower.However, I think we can develope techniques to overcome our deficiency.

Edit: Nice international showing for the Raider fleet.Keep up the good work.

[ 06-22-2004, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: Cc ]

Greets to everyone on the MP servers, obviously I chose the NPC autogen server in the chance than I might find some easy prey. I was pleasantly surprised to find atleast 3 other raider buddies online when i logged-in. There wasn't much hunting going on in the way of raiding cargo vessels, etc. so we we just chat for a bit and did some rocket bungee off some high-rise buildings down on Foron.

I agree with Cc in the sense that we aren't supposed to be TOO organised but it would be nice to just get some ground rules in place and leave it at that.

Oh I did happen to come accross a Gammulan criminal NPC trying to take on the ODS around Procon, but he didn't appear to be making heaps of progress, poor guy.