Standing Orders of TDH

Guest Shingen

Guest Remo Williams

Ok everyone lets take a step back and look at this before we start making harsh decisions. Take it from one who knows what damage rash decisions do to us all not just this fleet.

quote:

Wow...just because I donÔÇÖt want teamspeak.

How else would you communicate with your team during a match since we don't use the in-game Comms interface? Well except for scoring the match. Once the match begins its mandatory to close the chat window.

I guess I made a big mistake we need to hash out requirements for being a fleet member between the Fleet leaders to avoid all this stuff in the future. If potential members know up front that TS is required to compete they won't waste our time or theirs if they have some issue with TS or the other rules we use to run the meets and tournaments etc.

We will add this to the meeting to be held this week between the fleet leaders. I'll start working on requirements to put before the fleet leaders at the meeting.

Shin don't let this get you down its partly my fault because I seen it coming. I even hinted at it in the poll we held awhile back when I asked if we should enforce a strict application process. Just because a few members don't want to compete at the fleet level its no big deal. Maybe they thought the fleets were still mainly RP when we are MP organizations primarily. More members will come along that do want to compete in tournaments, championships etc.

I have a feeling don't quote me on this but soon there will be no servers available unless you are a fleet member so if your not in a fleet say bye bye to MP for awhile anyway.

TDH is not finished by a long shot it was approved as an official fleet so its here to stay. Whether you run it or some one else is appointed. TDH is an Official 3000AD fleet, which is needed to balance the playing field for GALCOM and EarthCom. We can't hold matches against ourselves now can we. LOL!

So Cc if you can't communicate during match play what do you propose we do?

Lets set back now and think about this and avoid posting anything in haste. The fleet leaders will hold our meeting soon and this issue will be discussed and documented for everyone to review. Then if you guys still want out of the TDH post a public resignation and let Derek put in his decision on this issue.

Sound like a deal?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect to everyone involved, I have absolutely no intentions of leading a paper fleet.

As I've said many times before, this fleet was made for one reason and one reason only; for MP competitions between other fleets. Period.

I certainly don't need 8-12 people in a database, if I can't even get 2 of them to compete twice a month. If you don't want to compete, don't join, or resign. Simple enough.

No harm, no foul, no hard feelings.

I gave Cc more than enough chances to play in a TDH team, but he told me more than once that he wasn't interested, and that he just joined so that he could play on the public servers.

Currently, he can play on the servers as an Indie, since that's what he wanted anyway.

I have nothing personal against anyone here, and if they've got something personal against me, then that's their problem.

I'm trying to build a viable MP fleet, and if you don't want to help then don't expect to stay in my database.

Remo, I've already removed Cc from the TDH database. Jamotto asked to be removed as well, so he's gone.

If and/or when they want to play in this fleet, they can reapply and rejoin.

I'm extremely tempted to clear the entire TDH database and start from stratch, however I will wait and see what happens.

Guest Remo Williams

That's your choice Shin I can't tell you any different even if I wanted to. As you know I have my own fleet to worry about. The only reason I added my two cents was it seemed you were giving up. I see your not so I'll see you at the meeting where this membership issue will be addressed by all the Fleet leaders.

Regards

I am not going to talk of politics where it concerns this fleet. I have been cleaning up after a hurricane basically went through my town of Stuart and north. It sucked. No power for four days, sleeping in a tent to stay cool (if 87 degrees is cool) and basically getting the real life back to normal. My B-Day is 9/11 so I took a break from the online thing for a bit.

This all said however, I am TDH all the way and had I been around to see the message about the fleet ops this weekend I would have been there.

This is not a mess. The fleet just needs to be handled a bit differently from others. I do not believe that we should be absent from fleet ops but I do believe that this is a rogues guild and cannot be treated the same as say Prime or one of these other fleets that is more militaristic. If that's what TDH is then I cannot be a part of it. We suffer with weaker ships and ofcourse that demands a more unified approach to the game from a survival standpoint but there are ways to get that kind of support without alienating the base.

Shingen I would suggest that we post a set of rules and that the members can then decide if they can abide by them. I don't like having to upgrade for 20 minutes while a member of this team is asking for assistance. It might be suicide but there is honor in a good death that involves aiding a fellow TDH member. I think if you log onto a server and there is no strife fine take the time to upgrade but in the instances where you get a hail that says, "I need you," protocol is secondary.

I like TDH, I think that the exodus from the fleet that is in essence an indictment of the leadership is in poor form. I'm sorry but this is not the way a real fleet would handle things. As TDH we are independents united by our need to survive... so why then would anyone cut off their nose to spite their face for the sake of embarrassing the leadership when perhaps communication and proper reasoning might save the day?

You guys want to be a member of a Galcom fleet or an Insurgent fleet or god forbid a Gammulan fleet? TDH is the option for the gamer that isn't so willfully leveraged. I was going to discuss lightening up but maybe some people do need a more firm understanding that TDH while being a guild of mercs and pirates does need an order of operations to get the job done. Shingen I would hope that you would reconsider your decision. CC I would hope that you would try to conform if even a little and Jamotto I always felt GOOD with you out there in the void so throwing your affiliation to the wind strikes me as ill timed and worse impulsive.

I will form up on your wing regardless Shingen but there is an opportunity here to still communicate rather than toss our hands to the sky. Damn the fleet that messes with a well gathered TDH... we'll roast them.

CIVILITY people... if nothing more grant one another that.

Takvah

quote:

Originally posted by Takvah:

The fleet just needs to be handled a bit differently from others. I do not believe that we should be absent from fleet ops but I do believe that this is a rogues guild and cannot be treated the same as say Prime or one of these other fleets that is more militaristic.

Absolutely. Thats the whole point of being a disorganized band of misfits. Whats surprising to me is that Shingen is a hardcore, knowledgeable and dedicated BC gamer; yet, those who are and want to be part of TDH, don't have a clue just how valuable he is. Oh well.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

...Shingen is a hardcore, knowledgeable and dedicated BC gamer;

Not to mention the only raider I know of who is working to build and test MP scenarios that'll give Raiders an even break against GalCom and Insurgent carriers.

quote:

Originally posted by Takvah:

Shingen I would suggest that we post a set of rules and that the members can then decide if they can abide by them. I don't like having to upgrade for 20 minutes while a member of this team is asking for assistance. It might be suicide but there is honor in a good death that involves aiding a fellow TDH member. I think if you log onto a server and there is no strife fine take the time to upgrade but in the instances where you get a hail that says, "I need you," protocol is secondary.

Look guys, if asking for a few hours a couple times a month is too much to ask from members, then there is no point having a fleet, and we all should just go back to being Indies and leave it at that.

I try to be as active and available as RL will allow, and I try to make a point to show at every planned meet or match, I try to be on the servers as much as I can and the first thing I do is upgrade. There isn't a single rule in this fleet that I don't follow...and since there are VERY FEW rules, I don't see how you can equate TDH with a regular fleet in anyway, shape or form.

We are all still basically indies, but we've gotta have a team, or we are all just pissin' in the wind.

What else can I do here??

I refuse to let TDH fall into the same status as the Gammulan Fleet. I will restructure and restart from scratch if I have to. Out of 12 people on TDH roster, only Jamotto ever bothered to show at a planned meet. I was sorry to lose Cc and Jamotto, but I am tasked to build a viable MP fleet, and if people don't want to help, then they don't belong in it. Plain and simple.

I don't see how this in unreasonable. It isn't like it's sudden notice or something! If a member can't show, then at least they need to have the courtesy to post here and let people know. What's so wrong with that? If a person does not want to play as a fleet, then they don't need to be in this one.

quote:

Rest assured, as soon as the lobby system goes online sometime in November, I know who isn't getting ANY access to it.

I hope that wasn't directed at me.

[ 09-21-2004, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Shingen ]

I have killed every TDH wing. They can be added again when or if the need arises.

I have also rescinded the shield upgrade order, as it isn't really applicable for fleet matches, being that the average time is around/under 60 minutes per match.

I still don't know if I have a team for Sunday.

Please let me know if anyone can attend before Friday, the 24th.

I have created a TDH logo.

Derek, I need to know if this is OK for being an Official TDH fleet logo. If not, let me know.

The TDH website is almost ready for launch!

[ 09-24-2004, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Thanks.. I was going to make it in Flash, but I couldn't find any free servers that would host *.swf files, so I had to make it an animated gif instead.

When are you and Cc gonna stop playing around and join the fleet matches?

We've got two matches today and no team to play them!

Takvah and Carl said that they would be ready after this weekend (i'm assuming)..so maybe next match we'll have a team.

quote:

Most MP matches last for a few hours, twice a month on Sunday afternoons. If you cannot or will not support TDH is these matches, you have no reason to be in the fleet, so don't apply or resign your current membership!

I read this to mean you had to be there for the whole match in it's entirety. However, like for todays meet I could have only been present for the very first match before having to leave. This could be true for all my Sundays for the foreseeable future. My availability would change on a weekly basis it appears. If you don't have problems with that then great, if you do then it would be best for me to wait until I have more free time available.

[ 10-06-2004, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Shingen ]

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

I read this to mean you had to be there for the whole match in it's entirety. However, like for todays meet I could have only been present for the very first match before having to leave. This could be true for all my Sundays for the foreseeable future. My availability would change on a weekly basis it appears. If you don't have problems with that then great, if you do then it would be best for me to wait until I have more free time available.

If you can only play one match then at least you played one match.

Do you want back in or not?

quote:

hehe, the on going saga of Shingen and his TDH rejects.

Let the record show: you wanted to lead. Its not so easy, is it?

As I remember it, this fleet was your idea. I just came up with the name, the structure and the logo.

Oh, and we ain't rejects, we're loners and misfits, who sometimes need a swift kick in the ass to get us organized.

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

quote:

hehe, the on going saga of Shingen and his TDH rejects

Actually, to keep the record straight, there was only one 'reject'.

Actually, you weren't the first reject, nor prolly the last neither. You wanna play in this fleet or not?

quote:

absolutely

Kewl!

You'll need to reapply in the database though.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

Kewl!

You'll need to reapply in the database though.

done.

OK, you're back in Jamotto. Good to have ya back.

Guest Shingen

The following Commanders have been removed from the TDH database for non-compliance and inactivity:

CMDR Snappahead

CMDR Victor Fox

CMDR Liddo

CMDR Ockham

They may reapply when or if they wish to play in this fleet.

That is all.