Standing Orders of TDH

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

The following Commanders have been removed from the TDH database for non-compliance and inactivity:

CMDR Snappahead

CMDR Victor Fox

CMDR Liddo

CMDR Ockham

They may reapply when or if they wish to play in this fleet.

That is all.

Hokey Smoke.....

Not many left now.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..let's see.

I guess it's just you, Jamotto, Takvah,and maybe one other.

Anyway, Jamotto and Takvah are good assets.

Edit: Actually it's none of my business,but maybe these guys are tied up with other issues.Did you try to PM them or Email?

Guest Shingen

Well, to be honest, AFAIK, it's just me!

But then again, only Jamotto has shown any balls, when it comes to facing Prime or Wraith in an uneven, outnumbered, outgunned match. Where the phuck was you?

Did you think I was freakin' kidding when I said I would waste the current line-up and start from scratch?

One has to dig through a whole shit-load of dirt to find a few diamonds, and I've been playing this goddamn game too damn long to quit now.

I know eventually, a TDH team will happen. It's just a matter of culling the weak and worthless and finding those small few, that have the where-with-all to be The Devil's Hand!.

[ 10-05-2004, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Shingen ]

quote:

I know eventually, a TDH team will happen. It's just a matter of culling the weak and helpless and finding those small, few that have the where-with-all to be TDH.

Evidently, they have lost interest in the game.

Things do change.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

Evidently, they have lost interest in the game.

Things do change.

Shit happens. It doesn't, however, negate my obligation to this community.

When I commit to do something, it gets done..come hell or high water, and that's just the way I am.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

Unfortunately, that seems somewhat unclear.

Please elaborate. If I am in error, then perhaps you might have something to offer?

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

quote:

Please elaborate.

Just as stated.

What exactly is your obligation to the BCMG/UC community?

Derek wanted a Raider team, 'cause that's the "enemy" faction he put into MP (besides the Insurgents).

My commitment is, that I told Derek I would lead a Raider team into MP. I would form a viable MP Fleet, and make sure it conformed to what I thought it should be.

Presently it doesn't. That doesn't mean it never will, just that currently, no one (besides me and Jamotto) has any goddamn commitment to this game.

I made a commitment to Derek, Remo, Marvin, Shohachi, Chavik, Dreada and anyone else you can name who wants BC MP to work!

[EDITED FOR CONTENT]

[ 10-06-2004, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: Shingen ]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

I would like to welcome aboard the following new commanders

[*]
Commander Rejor Crownien

[*]
Commander Ockham

[*]
Commander JA

[*]
Commander shadowwolf3

[*]
Commander Wolfe

Jamotto, did you approve these guys? Besides Ockham, I've never even seen these guys reged in the database, and I check everyday.

I'm here, I would just really like to see a more efficient netcode. I love the game and spend many fun hours playing the single player but the multiplayer has never really worked well for me. I don't know if it is a singular circumstance with me being the only one but it is the reason I am luke warm on major commitments. I have a fast rig (Athlon 64 3200+), a good video card (6800), a gig of ram and a solid DSL connection that gets me pings in the 40 to 80 range for all other games.

I am waiting for the next patch which if I am to understand what has been posted thus far, will be more multiplayer oriented. I am hoping for the best because there is nothing better than playing this game against human opponents.

So between the hurricanes, the clean-up and the multiplayer performance I've been getting to date I have set the game (as far as multi is concerned) aside for now. I still post here and will be VERY WILLING AND ABLE to perform and participate as soon as I know what I shoot will die *snickers*

Peace

Takvah

quote:

I have a fast rig (Athlon 64 3200+), a good video card (6800), a gig of ram and a solid DSL connection that gets me pings in the 40 to 80 range for all other games.

Hokey Smokes!

Yeah well HL2 and Doom3 pretty much made me upgrade the old rig. Joint Ops Typhoon Rising is a game with MONDO amounts of players and those pings I quoted are pretty much the norm even networked with my wife's machine and her intermittently browsing. Thank God for Morrowind, it keeps her off the net for her gaming HAHAH.

Same here, if the netcode is improved even a little ill be happy. It really bums me out when things start to get interesting and the game grinds to a halt due to netlag. Derek needs to find a way to keep the game from cramming all of these monster packets through my line ! I want to engage in my acts of piracy without wondering just how many hits its going to require for my enemy to start taking some damage!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

What a great quote

I'm going to have to find out who this guy was...

quote:

Originally posted by Carl Burning:

Derek needs to find a way to keep the game from cramming all of these monster packets through my line

That'll never happen on a 56K modem. Your best bet is to stick to 2-4 player servers.