Raider RP

Guest Shingen

Guest Shingen

To anyone that can write, and RP ...

If not, I need to know anyone that will let me RP them. I need a team for this story, so stand up and be counted.

You can use my AE if you want, just as long as he lives to fight another day.

Regarding RP, thats what I do best 'in game', but I'm always keen for the read.

I guess what we mean is, when it comes to writing, the characters decisions, experiences and emotions are decided by the writed.

But in game, we can RP ourselves.

I think thats it. (I hope.)

You beat me to it Shingen

I was just about to make a post suggesting that all TDH commanders make a visit to the Roleplaying forum and read your RP thread.

It's important that we(that means you!) show support for fellow raiders within Multiplayer and its equally if not more important that we support eachother throughout the UC/BC forums/community.

Shingen is doing us a great favor by helping to make our presence known throughout the UC community with his RP story and at the same time giving us something fun to read.

It will be very cool if everyone here can at least read his RP story, give feedback, and show support for what IMHO is the begining of a pretty cool story

Thus far its only a couple posts long so nobody can use the excuse that they don't have enough time!

@Shingen

You can make references to my AE+Ship if you'd like. I'll try and write something up to add to the plot for ya that includes my AE.

Also, I've never RP before...

So if I make a post I'll probably stick to being a bit character on the sideline.

I wouldn't want to be in charge of the main plot, although I'd be able to create stories/events if you PM'ed me in advance.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by MadFox:

I guess what we mean is, when it comes to writing, the characters decisions, experiences and emotions are decided by the writed.

But in game, we can RP ourselves.

I think thats it. (I hope.)

There are two types of BC RP (roleplay). One is the natural RP experience that comes with playing the game. The other is a narrative type written in the RP forums. I'm refering to the latter, not the former.

Generally, one or two people will come up with a plot to base the story around, and everyone plays off of everyone else to create the actual story.

The fun part is playing off the other people, the different writing styles and the different ideas that give the whole thing it's personality. Everyone helps to bring the thing to life.

For only one person to write the whole thing is a long and slow process... trust me.

MadFox: yeah you more or less got my intentions right in regards to the RP scene, I'm very much a RP gamer at heart. I used to write some pretty imaginative sci-fi stuff at a younger age though, maybe if I'm motivated enough by your story I might decide to join in.

It's coming along nicely btw, keep it up guys this could develop into something awesome.

Guest Shingen

Great job on the RP guys! This is more like it!

I'll have time to post mine tonight or early tomorrow. There isn't any posting order, so just add to the RP whenever you get the urge. Also, if you haven't already, read the last few posts in this thread for the basic plot for the whole thing.

Thanks for the help, it's gonna be a killer RP.

Guest Shingen

Don't worry.. these RPs are just for fun, and for spare time. I hardly ever get time to write except on weekends.. and only then, when I've had a 6 pack or two.

Guest Shingen

I'll have time (finally) to work on the RP this weekend and introduce some of the other plot elements.

Anyone who wants to help me brainstorm the main/minor plot elements, PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm writing the first part of that short story idea I was contemplating a few months ago. I hope to have that first portion finished sometime tonight or tomorrow. I hope that you guys will let me know what you think of it. It doesn't really have anything to do with our little universe yet but I'm thinking of a good tie-in that might work. For this first part however it is basically just fan fiction set in the Battlecruiser universe at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

Sorry about being inactive as of late. I'm at college and I'm trying to balance my life out.

I'd still like to be a part of TDH but you should probably take away my wing leader status and give it to someone more active than myself.

I'll still be around and I'll participate to the best of my abilities

Maybe I'll test out this new ethernet connection using MP...

The college swears this is an ethernet but its feeling more like a 56k so we'll see