Installation (NSIS) Error

I've just recived my copy of UCAWA ordred through BMT Micro, but when I run the setup.exe I get the follwing error:

"The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.

This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED)."

SC, what do I do?

[ 09-06-2005, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I don't have the slightest idea what the problem is,but what size is your setup.exe?

Mine is 641 MB (673,122,686 bytes).

You could also try copying the whole cd to a temp directory and see if that will work.

He doesn't need the whole CD. All needs to do is copy the setup.exe from the CD-ROM to the HDD and try that. You may have a bad disc. If that is the case, contact BMT Micro for a replacement.

If you have broadband and can wait a few days, you will be able to download it from BMT Micro.

quote:

Originally posted by Chavis:

Mine is 641 MB (673,122,686 bytes).

Yeah, thats the size of the original 1.00.01 release.

The newer 1.00.03 release (which is what BMT is now shipping since I sent them a new CD-ROM late last week), is

653MB (685,534,799 bytes)

[ 09-06-2005, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

OK, just got this from David, after I pointed him to this thread.

quote:

"We're sorry for the inconvience. Please email your Order ID (Found on the invoice with the package) to *[email protected]* and we can ship another CD to you. If your shipping address was different from your "Bill To" address, please include that as well."

Thanks

David

BMT

quote:

Originally posted by Cougar_DK:

The date and time is: 31.08.2005, 16:06:59.

(Still havn't heard from David though).

Thats the new 1.00.03 master CD. We're looking into this now and I will get back to you in a bit.

btw, do you have broadband access? If so, we can create an expiring download link for you; while you wait for a new CD-ROM to arrive.

OK, it has been confirmed that we have a batch of bad disks in the latest 1.00.03 burn. This originated from me, not BMT Micro. Looks like the new brand of 700MB disks, don't like being overburned (which was necessary, given the size of the game). I should have checked the master (a copy of my original master which works fine) myself before it went out, but I didn't. My apologies.

A few people got this bad batch and new CD-ROMs (v1.00.04, since thats my current build) will be going out tomorrow.

For the inconvenience, each person with this bad batch, will be getting a copy of the galaxy poster map for free. It will be shipped separately.

[ 09-07-2005, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

It is a really nice map, you'll like it. We used to sell those back in the BCM days and they're back as limited editions. The sales page for them should be up later today once BMT Micro (I *love* these people. I've been working with them for so long, its just amazing just how smooth everything is when dealing with them) set it up.

quote:

I've just recived my copy of UCAWA ordred through BMT Micro, but when I run the setup.exe I get the follwing error:

"The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.

This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or virus.

The same thing happened to me as well.

More over, they sent me the manual for BTM instead of UCAWA.

I guess it's time for me to start bombing them with angry e-mails.

quote:

Originally posted by Skydive:

More over, they sent me the manual for BTM instead of UCAWA.

I guess it's time for me to start bombing them with angry e-mails.

[/QB]

Maybe before you start bombing them with emails you should realize that what you are looking at is the manual for the FREE copy of BCM. Note the CD inside the manual. A kind of thanks from the SC for ordering UCAWA early.

The manual for UCAWA is being shipped separately when its ready. Assuming you ordered it.

quote:

Maybe before you start bombing them with emails you should realize that what you are looking at is the manual for the FREE copy of BCM. Note the CD inside the manual. A kind of thanks from the SC for ordering UCAWA early.

OOOPS, I already sent them one. Anyway thanks, Spindoctor. But I still have do deal with that useless CD.

-just like wielding that bat. Sort of SC's touch in dealing with clumsy posters

• 3 months later...