Possible bug as insurgent space force marine

Last night I started a new roam game (using version 1.00.06) as an insurgent space force marine with a shuttle MK3 asset. I started at Sygan(s) and first off docked with Syganstar. I went into the tradcom and bought some stuff. I noticed that while I was buying stuff, my finances would occasionally jump. After some testing I discovered that it was jumping 37500 once every minute. After 12 times it stopped doing it. I know the documentation says that an insurgent will be paid in 2 daily installments, once every 12 hours of gameplay, so maybe this is the way it is supposed to work (even though it doesn't make much sense to me at the moment), but when I tried starting a new career as a commander at Galcom I didn't get the same results. So is this a bug or do I just not understand how it works?

Below are the steps I used to consistantly recreate the problem if someone else wants to verify it.

1. Started a new Roam game at the main menu

2. Started a new profile with the following parameters:

Name: John Doe

Sex: Male

Race: Terran

Caste: Insurgent

Career: Space Force Marine

Launch Region: Sygan(S)

Launch Base: Syganstar[TER/INS]

Mission Zone:

Asset Class: Shuttle

Asset Type: Shuttle MK3

Asset Loadout: Default

Player Gear: Profile 1

Asset Name:

3. Selected 'Roam Roam and explore scenario'

4. As soon as it started I flew full speed to the Syganstar station and docked with it (I didn't slow down when I reached it, I just docked)

5. I brought up Tradcom and at 12:31am(my time)

my finances were already at 112500

6. I would click on the 'Info' button at the bottom, wait a minute, and when I clicked back on the 'Trade' button, my finances will have jumped the 37500. Here were the times and amounts:

12:31am 112500

12:32am 150000

12:33am 187500

12:34am 225000

12:35am 262500

12:36am 300000

12:37am 337500

12:38am 375000

12:39am 412500

12:40am 450000

12:41am 487500

12:42am 525000

After the 12 times, it stopped doing it.

Sorry, I guess the title of the topic is bad. I don't know if it's just the SFM or not. I tried starting an new profile using just the default parameters, which made me a terran male commander starting at Galcom. I did same thing, but when I docked and went to Tradcom my finances were 75000, and after 5 minutes they hadn't changed, so I don't know what the exact conditions are that are causing it.

Sorry, it wasn't my intention to make someone else figure it out for me. I just noticed I could recreate it everytime as a male/terran/insurgent/SFM so I tried it as a male/terran/military/commander and it didn't happen, so I thought it might be a problem.

If you want me to I can continue testing it to see if any other career/castes are doing the same thing. It just seemed odd to me that at the start of the game a SFM would get a 428400 credit bonus just for docking with a supply station and sitting there for 12 minutes while a commander gets nothing. (Maybe since I was an insurgent these were just kickbacks from illegal arms sales. )

I wanted to make sure it could be re-created, in case it was abnormal behavior and you wanted to investigate it. If it is normal behavior, though, then cool. I can alway use more money at the start of the game.

Sorry, it wasn't my intention to make someone else figure it out for me. I just noticed I could recreate it everytime as a male/terran/insurgent/SFM so I tried it as a male/terran/military/commander and it didn't happen, so I thought it might be a problem.

Seriously, this is not brain surgery. You tried it as Ter/Ins SFM and got the problem. But instead of testing it as Ter/Ins CMDR, you go and test it as Ter/Mil CMDR? *sheesh*

I don't investigate anything on a whim. So, unless you can provide more information as to under what other circumstances (e.g. is only Ter/Ins SFM) it occurs, I'm not touching it.

I tried it out last night using Military/Earthcom/Police/Raider/Assassin/Mercenary space force marines and Military/Insurgent/Earthcom/Police/Raider/Assassin/Mercenary commanders. I didn't do the insurgent SFM because I knew it already did it (big mistake). The only one that did it was the military SFM. At that point I figured there was a good chance it was just a SFM issue, but just to be sure I went ahead and tried the Insurgent SFM and it didn't do it.

It looks like recreating it requires exiting to the desktop and restarting the game, not just going to the main menu. I had been going to the main menu for all my tests except the first in which the problem happened. I restarted the game and tried playing as an insurgent commander and it did it, so it's not just the SFM. By this time I just wanted to play the game, so I stopped looking into it. I will try some more tests tonight and see what else I can find.

I'm not sure if anybody else has seen this, but if someone could give the original scenario in the top post a try to see if they get the same results I would appreciate it. It should only take 3-5 minutes to do. I don't want to dwell on this issue if it's just my PC that's doing it. Thanks

In other words, all you've achieved is wasting my time by reading this. Don't you know how to write a fairly comprehensive and CLEAR report? Everything you've written so far has amounted to nothing short of gibberish. And no, neither myself nor the testers, are going to touch it; because we don't have time to waste.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

As I suspected, nobody in the Beta team has been able to reproduce this thus far.

Thank you to everyone who looked at it. It appears to be my problem only (which I guess free money isn't really a problem ) and I will stop worrying about it.