Sound FX dragging game to a crawl

Guest $iLk

Soundcard: Audigy Gamer LS

Driver version: 1.02.00 (latest)

UC:AWA patch 1.00.06

Upon starting the game in any sector, with Sound FX enabled the game lags horribly and no sound can really be heard from the engines.

I've played with all of the settings - and I can have everything else turned up to the max as far as graphics, Music, etc. - and it runs smooth as silk.

But if I turn on Sound FX with everything else turned to the minimum - it lags to hell.

Fresh install, patched from the correct directory.

The only thing lagging my system is having Sound FX turned on.

Nothing to do with the game. You're on your own.

Apart from the fact that you have an onboard sound card, there is already a thread about sound card performance tweaking.

This thread will be deleted and you will most likely be banned if you pull this stunt again. You know the rules: NO EXCEPTIONS.

Could you please point me to which forum the thread is in? I didn't see it in any of the UC: AWA forums or the UC forum listed in the "Read before posting" thread.

And I disabled my onboard sound to use the Audigy LS Gamer.

And I'm not sure exactly which rule I broke by asking for tech support only after spending 40 minutes trying out every conceivable setting to isolate the problem I was experiencing, verifying that I downloaded the latest drivers, and tested the game from several different regions to make sure it wasn't a region-specific problem like one I reported in BCM. Then looked around the forums to make sure no similar question was asked.

I literally was not trying to leave an open-ended "my sound don't work HURRR!" thread as some people do by spending a good deal of time narrowing the problem just to ask - hoping against hope that maybe someone had encountered the problem and could point me in the correct direction - or - to bring the problem to your attention in case it's something that you might know a workaround.

After going through all that effort - I most certainly wasn't expecting a ban warning.

I've updated my System Profile Info now as well for future questions. I registered UC:AWA also.

After Edit:

After some searching around I located the thread you were discussing in the General Issues forum. As a matter of fact speaking of known problems with Audigy Soundcards.

Sorry I missed that one.

Which is EXACTLY why you had NO business creating a new thread. Now when someone searches for a similar issue, they're going to come up with two threads.

I really should temp ban you.

When I come back, I want to find that your relevant posts in this thread, have been moved to that proper thread. At which point I will delete this thread.

Go ahead and delete if you'd like - I looked through my posts here and none of them would really amount to new info. The info in the other thread was sufficient in solving the problem.

Not sure if there is a way to link that into a FAQ or something in all the forums since "General Issues" wasn't the first place I thought to look.