CTD when capturing Borealis?

Hi,

This post concerns UCAWA (D2D version) 1.00.11.

I'm posting this, because I have a 100% (on my machine) reproducible CTD every time I capture the Borealis station.

Therefore I would really appreciate if anybody could verify this?

I have a save profile uploaded to http://cruiser.person.dk/borealis_capture_crash.rar , so if anybody could download the file and either call me a dumbass or verify the CTD?

If you want to help me, do as follows:

1. download from URI above.

2. backup your save folder and put mine instead.

3. RESTORE the only game under the Cruiser profile.

4. press ALT + D to capture the disabled station.

(5) I have also tried to capture it once, but then my machine crashes when I enter TRADCOM. You could try this if successfull with the capture.

If someone can verify this, I will post it in the Tech Support section. Don't want to bother SC if its my HW or setting thats screwed up.

Thx.

ps. I know this thread is not general chatter, but I don't want to clutter the appropriate sections with unproven statements.

You're perfectly right, but I know that this post would last just as long as a stormtrooper in a jedi academy if I posted it there without having this verified by at least two other individuals.

As I can perfectly well understand this reasoning, I will post here until I can "prove" my statement. Else any moderator is most welcome to move it

Guest MarlboroMan

I just tried this gamesave out and right after pressing 'y' to capture the station it crashes to desktop. If it's just on my end I would prefer being called the BC fan formerly known as "dumbass".

sys info

Ok, I went there in a Megaron, disabled the station, docked (no CTD), tried to open Tradecom and crashed.

I then did it once more. This time, with fresh game and NO saves. CTD at Tradecom.

I did another test. This time, created a Ter/Ins char, launch base Borealis. Spawned, docked. Checked all OTHER options. Then tried Tradecom/CTD/WTF.

No station capture this time. It happened with a fully healthy, FRIENDLY station.

Do you get the feeling that station doesn't want to trade?

Yep, thats what that was. I have fixed it (Starforce version only for now) and will be pushing it into the .11 patch later today for those who haven't yet downloaded it.

You can download the fix and extract into your game folder, overwriting the existing version.

Starforce version

TryMedia version

Direct2Drive version (coming later)

[ 01-23-2006, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 4 months later...