Graphic anomalies on new system

Hey all,

Been a long time since I have been able to play. Anyhow, back at it but having a problem.

Am having a problem with graphic anomalies/artifacts all over the MAIN viewscreen. Flickers, lines flickering across various parts of the screen, buttons flickering etc.

Before I go any further...

Brand new machine. Nothing on it at all except WinXP Pro fully updated with all the latest patches, UCAWA fully patched.

ATI x700 video card fully updated and current on patches.

xFI Platinum Soundcard fully updated and current on patches.

DirectX 9.0c August 7th, 2007 installed.

I have had this problem since last year actually but was running it on another identical machine that has loads of other stuff on it. Since I just bought a new system, I figured I would give UCAWA another try with this new, clean system before anything got installed. Alas, same graphical issues.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
Hey all,

Been a long time since I have been able to play. Anyhow, back at it but having a problem.

Am having a problem with graphic anomalies/artifacts all over the MAIN viewscreen. Flickers, lines flickering across various parts of the screen, buttons flickering etc.

Before I go any further...

Brand new machine. Nothing on it at all except WinXP Pro fully updated with all the latest patches, UCAWA fully patched.

ATI x700 video card fully updated and current on patches.

xFI Platinum Soundcard fully updated and current on patches.

DirectX 9.0c August 7th, 2007 installed.

I have had this problem since last year actually but was running it on another identical machine that has loads of other stuff on it. Since I just bought a new system, I figured I would give UCAWA another try with this new, clean system before anything got installed. Alas, same graphical issues.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem going on, except with a ATI Radeon XPress 200M. I can get some limited success for a time if I go into the config screen and force the game to reset the resolution to something different -- then it happens again and I reset it again. Eventually the game will crash to desktop if I do this too many times. I've played with the graphics driver settings, and it is the latest version. The shader check program included from 3000AD approves of the card.

Anyone have any ideas?

We're not responsible if the game ceases to work on HW that was released after it was released.

UCAWA is no longer supported and there will be no further patches for it.

In fact, those lines and flickering you're seeing are caused by newer (thats why this problem was not occuring back when the game was released) ATI drivers. It was recently worked around for UCSE and UCCE in the 1.00.03.01 updates released earlier this week.

As for laptops, our games never have - and never will - be supported on laptop chipsets.

And guys - yeah both of you - if you're going to post the same frigging thing in the forums, please don't waste our time and resources by regurgitating the same thing in the support ticket system. Pick one or the other.

As for laptops, our games never have - and never will - be supported on laptop chipsets.

I'm just glad my Gateway decided to play friendly. But I don't blame developers for not supporting laptops, as the friggin' manufacturers don't even support their own laptops.

I took a quick look at the UCAWA source code (from 2005) and decided to merge in the same fix from UCSE/CE and release it as the final .20 patch. I just tested it on an ATI board and Vista and it seems to work. The patch should be out later next week. I have already updated the VCF.

• 2 weeks later...
I have released a patch which may or may not resolve this issue. Let me know if it does. I hope it does because I'm not releasing another patch for a two year old product which used to work just fine.

Hi,

The patch worked great on this issue. I was having some CTD issues which I attributed to this but they are also pretty much gone now as well - this patch help big time. Awesome, awesome!

Malakie