Microsoft Xbox 360

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we can say goodbye to Microsoft in the gaming industry? no backwards compatability unless u pay a $100 more is a good way to kill a systems. and whats with the name xbox 360? that sounds stupid. M$ is to busy trying to be like Sony and Nintendo, and they are gonna hurt them selves doing so

quote:

Originally posted by Enigma:

well we can say goodbye to Microsoft in the gaming industry? no backwards compatability unless u pay a $100 more is a good way to kill a systems.

Nintendo has not even given an option for backwards compatibility on theirs for decades.

quote:

and whats with the name xbox 360? that sounds stupid.

maybe xbox EXTREME!! was not hip enough?

quote:

M$ is to busy trying to be like Sony and Nintendo, and they are gonna hurt them selves doing so

dunno, Sony is still beating M$ over the head with their PS2 and the Gamecube seems to sell about as many units as the Xbox

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

quote:

Originally posted by Enigma:

well we can say goodbye to Microsoft in the gaming industry? no backwards compatability unless u pay a $100 more is a good way to kill a systems.

Nintendo has not even given an option for backwards compatibility on theirs for decades.

true, but nintendo has such a large install base theyve never needed to. and maybe the next console will be backwards compatable

quote:

quote:

and whats with the name xbox 360? that sounds stupid.

maybe xbox EXTREME!! was not hip enough?

Xbox 2 is the only 1 i like

quote:

quote:

M$ is to busy trying to be like Sony and Nintendo, and they are gonna hurt them selves doing so

dunno, Sony is still beating M$ over the head with their PS2 and the Gamecube seems to sell about as many units as the Xbox

what i meant was, M$ wants ppl to associate the xbox 2 with the PS3 and the Revolution which is how they got 360

but when things become more official we will know how its gonna all play out. but from what i can see, the xbox might kill itself

You are DREAMING if you think Microsoft and XBox is going anywhwere. Microsoft is the 800 lb gorilla who could afford to lose money on this thing for ten years and still not be affected. PS2 has more customers due to a lot of factors that have nothing to do with what machine is better! Sony's exclusive software has a lot to do with it, as does the number of people who already had a PSOne, buyer loyalty, brand preference etc.. bottom line PS2 sold a lot of units without a hardrive and later added it on as an expensive accessory. Truth be told who really plays PSone titles on their PS2 anyway? When those next gen consoles come out you can believe I wont be playing 5 year old software on em. XBox delivers consistently better graphics, is gaining ground with thier exclusive software and has Xbox live. Anyone thinking they are going anywhere should renew thier membership in the Flat Earth Society.

quote:

Truth be told who really plays PSone titles on their PS2 anyway?

Just about everybody I know does this.

I abandoned Nintendo bc of the inability to play the older games on their newer systems. Probably why the computer is my gaming system of choice now as it allows me to play just about any game of my choice no matter how old it is.

You guys a still playing PSOne games? I tried a month or so back. G-Police a game I used to love made by the same guys who did Colony Wars, Medal Of Honor Underground and Mechwarrior2. After an hour poly filled glory I put Chronicles of Riddick back in the XBox..what a rush! I have an extensive collection of PSOne games and even if I had a PS2 I dont think I'd be playing them. Rock on dudes, different strokes.

A good game is still game regardless of its age. My favorite game to this day is Final Fantasy 7, even though Jade Empire is newer, prettier and almost as fun.

hell, i still break out the old Atari 2600 and play a game of pong, adventure, berzerk or yars revenge.

• 2 weeks later...

So am I! BTW when a game is OUTSTANDING I will play on an old Platform hence my addiction to Vectorman on the Genesis. However for the most part playing old games is like playing hangman B-O-R-I-N-G. Bring on 360.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Three dual-core processors running at 3.2 gigahertz each.

wow... the word "balls" comes to mind

quote:

Two ports for 64-megabyte memory cards that can be used to save games, making customized content portable so it can be played on a friend's console. The original did not support memory cards.

and to this day i still cant figure out wtf those ports on the top of the controller are for.

quote:

_Up to four wireless controllers can sit on the coffee table next to a TV remote. The original: Controllers have to be plugged into the console.

this one doesnt make much difference to me. the cord was like 80 feet anyway so you had plenty of length. although cordless is nice...

im still undecided... if (at the last minute) they decide to add backwards compatibility without the extra cost, ill definitely do it. but as of now... meh

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

quote:

Two ports for 64-megabyte memory cards that can be used to save games, making customized content portable so it can be played on a friend's console. The original did not support memory cards.

and to this day i still cant figure out wtf those ports on the top of the controller are for.

For memory cards that work just fine in them.

This is going to be one hell of a console

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

Microsoft got schooled by Sony today.

But with that said, I remember all the pre-release hype Sony generated for the PS2. The machine never lived up to it.

Console wars. Gotta love it.

All I KNOW is with XBox 360 in store shelves this X-Mas, people won't care about Sony's promises, which will be a half year away!

2005 Will be ALL ABOUT the X-Box 360

2006 Will be ALL ABOUT the Sony PS3 (if it's not delayed again)

sadly the Xbox 360 (god i hate that name) wont be backwards compatable http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=8996

and 2005 wont belong to the xbox, it belongs to the PSP. the xbox 360 will get maybe 1-2 months of 2005 and about 3-4 months of 2006 then the PS3 will rule the rest of 2006.

a lot of ppl will get their tax returns in the spring and so the best thing to spend it on will be a PS3. Sony is smart for waiting till the spring, and not rushing the xmas holdiay and having to fight M$ for sales.

and with a lot of games coming out for Xbox and PS2 during the holidays people should be tied up in new games

• 3 weeks later...

It has been confirmed that XBox 360 will be backwards compatible with XBox games IF you have the hard drive add-on. To do this, XBox 360, which uses ATI chipset, will emulating the nVidia chipset in order to allow this. So, MS will be paying royalties to nVidia for each XBox 360 sold.

You can read the final word here.

Dont matter.... I'm getting one. Look, so many people hate Bill Gates and Microsoft they are blind to what the XBox is..the best console on the market! Is there even any dispute? Easier to develop for, better graphics, Xbox live and guess what? I have had the same unit since the first week it launched and I run marathon gaming hours on it and not ever one problem. Know what I got in the bottom of a big box in the basement? THREE! 3 PSone's! Only one of them works. The other two both expired by not reading disks in the drive.

The complaints? The controller is too big (whine), The unit is too big (fine whine),not enough good games (vintage whine) bullcrap!

There are only a few exclusive titles that I really miss and now that i got Forza Motor Sport that decreased by one. Let me see..SOCOM I&II

and ..and.. ok next question. I guess the dearth of RPG's on the box is problem but since I dont like RPG's no problem!

I read the review about 360m underwhelming the crowd at E3 and I also watched those dildo's from G4 eviscirate the Microsoft presentation as if they had personal biases..(no chance at that) Buy whatever you want but dont fool yourself. If I'm going with track record i'm ponying up for my 360

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Dont matter.... I'm getting one. Look, so many people hate Bill Gates and Microsoft they are blind to what the XBox is..the best console on the market! Is there even any dispute? Easier to develop for, better graphics, Xbox live and guess what? I have had the same unit since the first week it launched and I run marathon gaming hours on it and not ever one problem. Know what I got in the bottom of a big box in the basement? THREE! 3 PSone's! Only one of them works. The other two both expired by not reading disks in the drive.

My brother bought an X-Box when it first came out.. very 1st week. He's had that thing now while we've gone through a PS1 that no longer works and 2 PS2's. The 1st PS2 was replaced by Warranty and the second one died right after the warranty expired. The entire time that we had all 3 units we were plagued by technical problems from memory cards that would lose info to disc's that wouldn't work to the Network adapter that NEVER worked. For a while I swore I wouldn't buy another console, but I definitely will be getting the 360.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Dudes..

Read this...

http://www.beyond3d.com/articles/xenos/

The cell processor paired with a modified 7800GTX (G70) is *nothing* compared to the totally custom Xenos (C1 aka R500) processor that ATi's engineers have come up with. That thing is as smooth as butter

Basically you are looking at 2/3's of what the generation AFTER this new generation of PC graphics will look like. Once M$ releases WGF 2.0 (DX11)

• 1 month later...
Guest Grayfox

1200$... bah didnt even see a jar of vaseline bundled with it.

out of all the games in that 1200$ bundle, the only one im interested in is gun. ill just get the "regular joe" console and 1 controller version.