Microsoft Xbox 360

Waaaait a minute! Is a safe kite made of metal? Ever?

You missed the really big one SC. Check this one out. Ahhhh, it's good to see that rampant consumerism is alive and well in America.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grayfox

yarrrr the Omega bundle... full of Omega crap. still only game out of that whole bundle id be interested in is gun. all that other stuff to me is useless. i dont have xbox live, i dont plan on taking it to work and playing it, fuego faceplates? what is this "pimp my xbox"??, 3 extra wireless controllers... only need 2. as for the PRP... id get that regardless...

hmmm maybe ill wait and see what the PS3 has coming out in its bundle...

• 3 weeks later...

Sony lost me with their online entertainment division. Micro$oft is losing me to Google, Mozilla, and other better alternatives.

Soon I'll be laughing at USER FRIENDLY and wearing shirts that say "Got Linux".

Oh hot damn SC. I just can't imagine playing one of your games from my couch without buying a 45" LCD and some wirless toys for my PC. All I gotta do is buy an X-BOX 360? Thanks for saving me some cash.

Me, I'm also slavering over Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion. The videos of this are A...maz...ing!

quote:

Originally posted by Aperson:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

our next game (KnightBlade) is coming out first on the XBox360.

Finally!! A console with the power to fuel my insane ideas.

All I get from the link is "No News".

Same here~

Maybe they remove the news...

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Sony lost me with their online entertainment division. Micro$oft is losing me to Google, Mozilla, and other better alternatives.

Soon I'll be laughing at USER FRIENDLY and wearing shirts that say "Got Linux".

The Battlecruiser Series might be for Geeks, but Linux is for ULTRA Geeks. Come on, do you REALLY think that linux comes anywhere near the polish and ease of use of Windows.

I recently downloaded Linux to give it a shot, and it took me 2 hrs just to figure out how to install Enemy Territory. Why? Because something as simple as Software installation isn't even standardized in Linux, you have several different "Distros" that each require a different format for installation. The average user would have said screw it and uninstalled the thing.

Just saying that I'm sure that MS will hook us up with at least one sizzling launch title.

To be fair, GTA had that whole questionable morals thing going on that the youth of today find so intoxicating, and that helped its sales over and above the excellent design. Halo was simply one of the most beautifully designed games ever devised by mankind.

As far as sales figures, you are right about GTA:San Andreas vs. Halo 2. That's not the whole story though. PS2 market penetration far outstrips Xbox by nearly three to one and yet Halo 2 still sold 4.2 million units in 2004 while GTA sold 5.1. Reference this here

and this.

So which game is better? Really an unanswerable question since they are different genres. The good news is that it doesn't really matter because they are among the best that each genre has to offer. GTA is the king of its, while Halo is somewhat disputed(all the more reason to be impressed with it's sales numbers:much smaller installed base and much stiffer competition from other outstanding games in the same category).

Ahhhh, it's just good to be a gamer right now, and it will only get better for now. Yes, I will have both also, although I think that I will buy fewer games as my PC gaming time has increased dramatically over the last couple of years due to my renewed interest in RPGs(Morrowind) and sims (BCM, UC(AWA), and Falcon 4.0: Allied Force)

It didn't used to be this way: Too many games and too little time. I need about four more clones to play the games I don't have time to play and feed their experiences directly into my brain!

• 2 weeks later...

You know what's really crazy? Dell plasmas blow chunks. I feel sorry for the sap that even thinks that buying a few thousand dollar tv online is a good idea.

Doing the simple math means that if you subtract the Omega Bundle price of about $2000, you get the plasma for $2500. Judging by Dell's track record, that is an extremely high price. I could sell you the top rated Panasonic TH42PX50 for 2700, and you could exchange it within 30 days with no restocking fee if you don't like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...