Microsoft taking $126 hit per Xbox 360

Did you read the article? Are you understanding that Microsoft WILLINGLY sells the console at a loss? Do you understand that when you buy that console you are getting AT LEAST a 30% discount on it? Yet you think it's funny and appear to laugh as if they are taking an unfortunate loss and you are happy at their missfortune? Microsoft could as well tell you to go to hell and abandon the whole console market rather than sell it at a loss, or design an inferior product that wouldn't cost so much to produce. Would you be laughing then?

All the stupid Microsoft/Gates haters out there don't even know that Gates WILLINGLY donates DOZENS OF MILLIONS of dollars to charities each year. Not to mention the company he owns produces a product that allows you to flip a switch and be playing games within 5 minutes, Flight simulators, games, ect...and jobs for hundreds of thousands of people, and then even more jobs for companies that do bussiness with his company. Where are your thank you posts, newspaper articles and tv news reports when he does that?

http://forums.cgsociety.org/printthread.php?t=205102&pp=50 <--- $750 million to childrens hospital

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=31249&category=main <--- $258 Million for malaria research

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2001/0129gatesdonate.html <--- $100 Million for AIDS research

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

All the stupid Microsoft/Gates haters out there don't even know that Gates WILLINGLY donates DOZENS OF MILLIONS of dollars to charities each year. Not to mention the company he owns produces a product that allows you to flip a switch and be playing games within 5 minutes, Flight simulators, games, ect...and jobs for hundreds of thousands of people, and then even more jobs for companies that do bussiness with his company. Where are your thank you posts, newspaper articles and tv news reports when he does that?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I do not hate Microsoft or Gates. I love that they brought a American console back in the industry. I was just laughing cause well I thought it was funny. Sorry if my sense of humor doesn't comply with yours.

Anyone I should have made it clearer. I was laughing cause of all the things they added into the new console and all the spiffy new tech and software. Their loss for each console is only a dollar more then the previous. Sorry, but that was funny to me.

But the profits on the games themselves are OUTRAGEOUS!! LOL

Good for Bill!!

It's called a loss leader, and once he has you locked up in the console, then he can sell you the games for said console, at an average profit of between $15 and $40....

If you buy just 5 games, he has made his money back plus some....

And people with consoles buy more then 4 games for thier machines..