xbox live

Cruis.In

No dialing required because it requires a broadband connection and sure it has ads. For Miceosoft arcade games.

They have recently added movies and TV shows for sale and rent. along with little expansion packs for existing game titles.

Unkie Bill may have retired but, he'll be back in...

RETURN of THE NERDI

(available soon on XBOX live.)

[ 12-07-2006, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: Wolferz ]

i see there are isps's listed on the site which support xbox live, does an isp need something to support it? Can I play from my country like i would over the internet on the PC? IS it not just an elaborate gamespy type thing inside a console?

The console connects to XBox Live on it's own when you turn it on. Just like connecting to a website with your browser. I don't think it works well through a proxy setup like AOL, but I'm sure it's doable. If you are adding this console to your LAN, you will need a compatible router.

Linksys has a good one with the BEFSR41 cable DSL router with four port switch.

Do you have an X-Box 360 or just an X-Box? I can give you an X-Box Live free trial either way once you make sure you have a valid DSL/Cable connection.

Not sure how the free trial works for the original... but I have a 2 month trial for it. I have several 48 hour trials for "Gold" on the 360.

It is more of a hardware (router, etc.) issue than it is a DSL issue. Make sure you've got your network correct.

I was streaming video across from my PC to the 360 earlier tonight so that I could watch my downloads on my HDTV.