Help=Landing on Earth, DAY-TIME

Seraphiel

Hello, im a first time post'er, long time fan.

Just downloaded UC Special edition from direct2drive and registered here.

Here is the jiggy, im almost a total n00b, and i can barely land my ship on the (closest)planet and whatnot.

BUT

Everytime i land on a planet (for example, EARTH) i do so during NIGHT-time. I want to land on earth during day-time, to see how things look when the sun is up, but i can't, because every time (for example; during ROAM) i target a planet and hit ''shift-9'' (or whatever the command was) i break through the planets atmostphere when its --9pm or later....--

And i don't want to leave the computer/game running for 12 hours (or so) while i wait for the sun to shine.

Please give some advice to me about how i can make PLANET-FALL During day-time.

Thanks in advance.

PS= Sure, i can run some *instant missions* to get some planet-wise daytime action, but i gotta see how planets look daytime DURING roam and campaign scenarios, there is a reason for it, but let us not worry about it now.

I really gota do that, plz advice.

Well, we here are not prone to reprinting the documentation that is included with your purchase. Due mainly to the fact that there are pirates out there that will obtain an illegally copied version, then come here to find out how to play it.So, count yourself lucky that you got three words, Seraphiel.

Well, i got both Battlecruiser Milenium gold, and Universal combat (boxed versions) and UC-AWA, as well as the UC-Special edition (D2D versions), so got a total of 4 different manuals for BC games, all in all. )

But sometimes, when you don't know something, a little push in the right direction helps alot.

And don't even get me started on'em damn pirates.

• 2 weeks later...

Seraphiel,

(Snippage) by Wolferz

(All in the manual)

Cheers!

(Proud to be an American - Instant Gratification for the least effort possible!)

[ 03-11-2007, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Wolferz ]

Read the tutorial and do some real fun stuff rather than just fly around. You get more done that way. To control where you land on a planet, click on a planet and then click observe. Zoom somewhere to your location of choice and place waypoint one there. You will planetfall there.

CC(comand craft) will be on the planetary map showing your starting location. For combat missions in future, note the location of the Orbital defense missile battery in space tacops mode. Don't planetfall below that unless you want missiles falling on you from orbit.