Problem with Add-On patch license [Direct2Drive]

*moved*

quote:

Originally posted by caercaveral:

Sorry if this is not the proper location to request help but it concerns my purchase of the D2D version of the Add-On to UCAWA. I previously purchased UCAWA from D2D so I patched to latest version (1.00.17) with their patch then purchased, downloaded, installed and registered the Add-on, and it played fine. But when I patched the UCSE Add-on to v1.00.01 with the D2D patch I get the activation screen again and this time it doesn't recognize my activation code. Just to be sure I uninstalled the game, redownloaded the orginal UCAWA, patched it with D2D patch 1.00.17, downloaded and installed the UCSE Add-on (which auto activated this time), played it again with no problem. But when I installed the D2D patch 1.00.01, it triggers the activation screen again and will not accept my activation code again. I've initiated a support ticket with D2D but haven't had a "live" response yet. Any suggestions?

The full UCSE and ADD-ON are two separate D2D licenses. Thats why you should ONLY obtain the ADD-ON patch from the D2D patch download page.

quote:

Originally posted by caercaveral:

Thats why I am anxiously waiting on the D2D site response because I made sure to patch the Add-on game with the file from their site. I am especially concerned because I check this forum several times a day but have not seen anyone else write in about a similar situation. From my ability to repeat the "error" just by installing the D2D site Add-on patch (which I installed from within the game folder per your instructions elswhere in the forum) I believe it has to do with their build of the patch. Again, the Add-on game runs fine until I patch it. Lastly, please let me know if this issue is solely the responsibility of the D2D staff to correct because I don't want to tie up any more of your resources than necessary. Thank You.

The patch you need is the second one listed over here.

Or you can use the in game Updater to grab the version on our patch server just in case.

You can do this by doing a fooling the game Updater into thinking you have an older version. To do this, read these instructions.

If both versions exibit the same problem that you are having, then something's wrong somewhere and would need to be investigated further.

FYI, after patching the add-on version, the properties for the two files are as follows

code:

UCSE.EXE 2513409 8/24/06 16:43

UCSEMP.EXE 2716161 8/24/06 16:13

[ 09-14-2006, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I too have been having the same problem and just like caercaveral have yet to receive a response by them. I tried both the updater that came with the game and downloading the patch and double checked to make sure it was the add-on patch i downloaded but still no luck. I am redownloading the addon just in case they patched it themselves as their automated response to the ticket i sent said they came prepatched.