New Graphics card

Can anyone recommend a GOOD graphics card for running UCSE for under $50? I finally bought UCSE after playing BCMG for 4 years and discovered that my new Radeon 9250 does NOT support "pixel and vertex shader 2.0 or higher".

The box said all kinds of stuff about "SmartShader technology". Shame on me for not checking first I guess

Ii contacted NVidia and all GeForce 7 chipsets support pixel and vertex shader 2.0 or higher. I'm buying a Geforce 7200GS 512MB graphics card for 49.99 from NewEgg.

Yes, all G7 cards support SM 2.0. So you're in good shape.

Boy, those cards are getting cheap! They must be trying to get rid of old stock to make way for the DX10 cards.

Anyway, you get what you pay for, since the performance on a sub-$50 card is probably abysmal.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed my new graphics card and the performance is not bad. I haven't been in any big battles yet but so far so good. I'm in the process of building a new gaming PC anyway - the DELL that I'm using now is my development machine. New PC has a GeForce 7200GS 512MB PCI Express Video Card and 2 GB RAM with a 3.06 GB Celeron D processor. Originally wanted a Pentium Duo but was on a budget.

SC - It took me a while to go from BCMG to UCSE and I'm glad I did. I was kind of dismayed at first that it was becomming more 1st person oriented and less of a space flight sim but I can see now that it still has all the fun of a good space sim.

Now if I could only get the NID, TRS, VDD, STT, and TLM to display on a 2nd monitor I would be in heaven!

Any chance you would consider allowing me to develop a 3rd party "glass cockpit" for it? (Long shot - I know )