A return to the old days....

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

Derek, one question, I'm not sure I understand why the Xbox360 ver comes or must come a year after the PC one.

I think he said the opposite - PC version a year after 360.

The reasoning is simple: to help sell consoles.

no he said the PC one is ready to be shipped early next year if approved by microsoft, or whatever process allows the release on both platforms and that the xbox would be released later in the year in q4. Check the product information page and see the release dates on each, PC = Q1. Xbox = Q4

Jeez, are you guys kidding me?

The PC version will never be released if MS refuse to concept approve the game for the XB360 due to there being a PC version. What means is that, rather than ship a PC version, I would finish the XB360 development and ship that instead because obviously the XB360 version is more beneficial to us.

Sometimes MS will allow the PC version of a game to be released a short while after the XB360 version. That being the case, if they don't say "no PC version, ever", then the PC version may follow after the XB360 version. Given how that works, I wouldn't expect to see it inside of a year after the XB360 version.

• 1 month later...

Just a headsup to let you folks know that we are in the process of signing a major - major - deal for the Galactic Command series.

As a result, I have split the franchise into two properties, while also adding KnightBlade to that series in order to retain brand name recognition.

What we have is a Galactic Command series which will focus on certain aspects of my established game world and characters. Think of them like Star Trek whereby you have Star Trek - Deep Space Nine, Star Trek - Voyager, Star Trek - Enterprise etc.

The Echo Squad is a PC exclusive, while Excalibur is a console exclusive. This was done in order to not taint the IP and confuse gamers. And most especially since I don't want my console games to be pure ports of their PC counterparts.

At the end of the day, its all good.

The press release should be out later this week about this and the deal will be announced at the upcoming D.I.C.E. seminar

• 1 month later...

I think in reality, PC gaming isn't the only existance. Real Life has to get in the way some times.

But PC gaming is far from dead.

I wish I could figure this one out and get on it as I wanted to a couple of years ago. But, I'm just as stumped now as I was then. LOL

I take it a lot has changed during the past two years since I've been gone.

(NO I WASN'T IN JAIL...My priorities at the time was to take care of my parents. They have crossed over)