Orion Fleet Members : READ THIS

Greetings Orion Commanders,

As you are probably aware, I have been promoted to the rank of Fleet Commander and given direct control over the Orion fleet. During the last few days, I have been making efforts to reorganize and expand the fleet, as well as construct the new ORION website before I ship out to the states for a couple of weeks of much needed R&R.

Part of my reorganization efforts involved a mass mailshot to all fleet member. Those of you that have read it are probably aware that I was asking for ACTIVE fleet members (And by active I mean regular participants and not occasional lurkers) to reply to the mail so I could accurately determine attendance numbers before everything goes haywire when BC:M is released.

So far, the response has been poor.

As such, I am requesting that all active ORION members sound off on this thread AND/OR mail me directly so I can determine who is in and who is out. If you wish to respond via email, please include ORION in the subject header so I can give it immediate attention.

Active participants will be required to log in with the ORION website once per week to retain active status. Fleet members who donÔÇÖt log in or fail to respond to this thread/email will be considered to be inactive and assigned GARRISON duty.

Participating members will be assigned a variety of duties in the build up to BC:M and are encouraged to participate in the ongoing RP element in the fleet.

So please, do yourself and the fleet a favor and actively participate. When MP becomes active things are going to get very complicated without accurate member details and instructions. It is my intention to utilize the vast experience of ORION fleet members to create the most potent, and feared fleet in GalCom. With your participation and assistance, this goal can be achieved.

If there are any questions regarding the organization of the fleet, please feel free to wander over to www.hastur.freeserve.co.uk (Live 26/10/99) and look around or mail me directly.

Thank you for your attention.

------------------

Fleet Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

GALCOM ORION Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO:Fleet Commander Blades

Date:3003.10.24

Fleet Commander Blades this is Commander Bosch of the GCV-Obenbone reporting in as you've requested.The ship will stay docked till you've given us our tour of duty for this secter.

Commander Bosch Out.

------------------

Commander Joseph Bosch

GALCOMID: 76645

Ship:GCV-Obenbone

Quote: "Orion home and Soul i guard you"

Yeah, pretty cool. I have added your site to the Links page. Now, you need to contact the person handling the webring and tell them to add your site to the webring. They should have already removed the older Orion site from there by now. If not, make them aware of it.

I keep forgetting who handles the webring. Someone jar my memory please. Thanks.

That would be William Ramsay aka Alun Tringad on the RP forum.

Blades, The "The Official Battlecruiser 3000 AD Webring" link in the webring frame is the link to the home page of the webring. William's e-mail address is in that link. Just some info in case you didn't already know.

Ah its great to see people posting in here we need more members to show up smile.gif hey deadboy i hope to see you in the Orion Starbase: Galcom Lounge smile.gif

------------------

Commander Joseph Bosch

GALCOMID: 76645

Ship:GCV-Obenbone

Quote: "Orion home and Soul i guard you"

G'day gang! No, no .... wrong continent.

Whatever the case, I'm now in sunny Florida, dodging aligators and getting my ass burnt to a crisp.

You may now call me Fleet Commander Lobster Boy for the duration of my stay in Davenport. smile.gif

Thanks for all the fleet members that have emailed me. Two days offline and I got drowned under about a zillion of them.

Anyhow, I'm on vacation, so dont expect me to listen to anything you have to say for the next two weeks. wink.gif

Actually, I'll do what I can but I'm kinda restricted from where I am. Webring guy ... I need adding. Heh, best I can do right now. I'm red, stiff and in screaming agony thanks to falling alseep for 5 hours this afternoon and being left unnatended to. My mistake. smile.gif

Anyway, I'll be checking back as often as I can and you can still mail to my normal address. I'll be checking daily, so dont be a tardy bunch.

Tac, if your listening I'll drop you a mail as soon as I get settled. See If I cant whup the best of Wraith at some paintball. wink.gif

------------------

Fleet Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

GALCOM ORION Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 10-29-1999).]

Well .....

You will find me in Davenport just now. Only been here a couple of days and just about managed to burn my poor white ass to a cinder. I'll either go nice n brown or peel like an orange.

Whatever the case, it's been a good 5 years sine I been here and am lookin forward to doing all the bad things I recall from my 21st year. Sigh .... memories.

------------------

Fleet Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

GALCOM ORION Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

quote:

Those in Florida, please post here.

..heh, I smell an off-topic thread in our future

Rattler....Crestview

Stickman...Pensacola

Eclipse....Pensacola

Tac........Orlando?

Bosch......Polk City?

And lastly but by no means leastly,

DS.........Ft. Lauderdale

I'm sure there are others, I just don't know about them YET!

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"

Yep hehe, I live in Florida. but Rattler already has me pinpointed. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival."

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I'm back home in the not so sunny UK now. God, I hate it here. I want my sun n fun back. Ah well, shouldnt complain. Now got an excuse to finish sortin ORION out and get ready to kick some ass come the new year.

I will be out again in Florida in April next year, so we will have to sort some type of meet up if at all possible. Had too much goin on with the new place over there to arrange anything this time, but I'm sure somthing could be done with 6 months notice. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deathstalker

Just seen the thread and figured I should report in been away from computer and on leave for a while. So commander, GCV BOOST reporting in as ordered.

------------------

Till the death of us all

Welcome DEATHSTALKER.

All active ORION Commanders should at this time consider themselves assigned to the TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP until further notice.

------------------

BLADES Ôäó

GCV TSUNAMI

ORION FLEET COMMANDER

[TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP]

'For Queen and country'

Guest Commander Hamblin

Hey Blades, why is the Orion fleet site still not operational? GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND DO SOMETHING.

Ahem, er, I mean, sir!

------------------

Commander Hamblin

GCV Galatea

Second in command of the Orion Fleet.

Tsunami battle group.

"For I dipt into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be..."

Heh, thats enough outta you soldier!

Ok ok ..... so things have been hectic around here for a bit. Have no fear, work is in progress. In the words of the man himself, "It will be ready when it's ready."

I got me a new girlfriend anyway. You wouldnt begrudge an old man his new found love, would you? smile.gif

Heh! Older Boys with Expensive Toys! Carefull there Blades, the upkeep on some of those models are killer! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"

Ok ladies, where are you all?

I'm in the process of updating the fleet roster in preperation of the final commisioning of the TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP, and I can track down a measily 7 additional fleet members. Ok, so you 7 are active and alert, and for that I thank you, but the rest of you are bein seriously tardy.

Unless I get other ORION Fleet members to call in immediately, everyone not accounted for (And thats going to be a LOT of people) are going to be effectively banished from any of the active Task Forces/Battle Groups within ORION. If this happens, the short term restrictions will simply be banishment to GARRISON duty, which consists of sittin about doin sod all in the reserves. You will have no battles, no glory. You will grow fat and old and die safe in the knowledge that you did NOTHING to further yourselves, or the prestigue of the fleet.

Shame on you.

Once BC:M is out n about, those still not ACTIVE will be retired.

So, if you are a participating ORION Fleet member, sign in immediately (Members should check the ORION website for Roster details before cluttering up the board - I know who's in and who's out) and sound off.

Commanders without any Fleet Aleigence should also consider a career with what will be BC:M's premier fleet. If you want to make a name for yourself in BC3K lore, you may as well do it with style. And that means ORION.

ORION COMMANDERS should also modify their commlink sigs and include (In THIS order) everything covered below. I run a tight ship, tight Fleet and expect a uniform presence on the forum.

CMDR *NAME*

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - *VESSEL NAME*

'QUOTE'

Thats it troops. Hop to it.

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

'For Queen and country'

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 12-06-1999).]

Additional details - The ORION site ahs been updated a bit this evening, and all members should now check out the rosters page to see who's who.

I intend to build up a basic BIO of each commander and vessel, and ask that everyone currently on the roster send me a brief somthing via email.

Newbie commanders shouldnt give their ships too much history, since this is very much an RP site, and we want to create our own history here, not make it all up before it happens.

For timeline purposes, consider todays date 07/12/3003. This will be ammended accordingly once everyone agrees to a current RP timeline.

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

'For Queen and country'

All Orion Fleet Member's please E-Mail me at the address below so I may add you to my Address book. My E-Mail address is as follows:

[email protected]

Thank You for you cooperation.

------------------

CMDR GREG MILLER (GMAN)

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV- SARK

'If you're with me, I'll defend you. If you're against me, I will take you out!'

[email protected]