Orion Fleet Members : READ THIS

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am always happy to accept new members to ORION Fleets proverbial teet, but since you are already affiliated with the PRIME Fleet, I'm not sure that I have the authority to transfer you without the approval of the Supreme Commander.

Should our esteemed leader grant you permission to transfer, I would be happy to accept you and your fine ship.

But just for the record, would you mind explaining to me why exactly you wish to transfer? I served with PRIME for a long time before accepting the promotion to Fleet Comamnder of ORION.

Do let me know.

Oh, and welcome back DeSylva. You have been sorely missed. And yes, I know that ISS is GalCom. I was just making a point of not discriminating against anyone, whatever their affiliations.

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

'For Queen and country'

Guest Commander Hamblin

Blades, I'm E-mailing you my profile as of the end of this message.

Anyhoo...erm...welcome back DeSylva. Hehe, I bet you don't know who I am. 'Course, I know who you are. Hehe, you're er...erm...you know...mumbly joe...erm...oh crap, who are you? Oh yeah, you're the leader of that fleet, erm, which one was it again...erm...Orion? No, that's blades. Ok, which one was it? Erm...SPECTRE! Yes, SPECTRE! You're an INSURGENT!

Oh wait, if that were true, then I'd have to completely ignore the fact that it says 'GCV First Light. ISS Fleet Coordinator' in your sig, hehe, and that would be downright nutty.

So, the Simpsons have come a long way, since an old drunk made small figures to pay of old gambling debts. Who knows what adventures they'll have between now and the time the show becomes unprofitable.

Well, anyone? Hmm? Isn't that the whole point of this topic, how many roads must a man walk down, before he joins Orion fleet? If you want to know the answer, walk down that road to the recruiting station, and sign up for the ORION FLEET!

Young people from all over the globe are signing up to fight for their future. Are you? Join the Orion fleet now, and save the future! Become a part of the greatest fleet in the history of, er...stuff.

Blades, I think we should have that on every Orion Fleet member's sig. That means that wherever we post up, whenever, we will be advertising the fleet!

So, whaddya think?

------------------

Commander James Hamblin

Executive Officer of the Orion Fleet.

Tsunami battle group.

GCV Galatea

"For I dip't into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be..."

Now WHY isnt anyone visiting the EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS section on the ORION website and bothering to post?

It's there for all you lot to bugger around with, so snap to it. And no, this doesnt just mean you ORION lot, it means EVERYONE

Yes, I am stressed and yes, I have just bothered to look up how to make UBB bold lettering. Takes me a while, but I do get there smile.gif

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

'For Queen and country'

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 12-15-1999).]

Blades, DeSylva had a good idea on his sig. He always posted (and still does) his site's address in his sig. That may help since you Fleet leader and all. smile.gif The good thing is you only have to do it once then just check a box. Other's do it. Perhaps it would be a boon to you.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester

Hrum.

Why didnt I think of that? I'll tell you why, it's because I'm busy doing stuff. Yeah. smile.gif

Incidently, Commander Carltons transfer to ORION has been approved by the Supreme Commander. Providing he follows the instructions outlined to him in this thread and in an email I sent to him a while ago, he can be considered ORION Fleets newest aquisition.

Welcome aboard Commander Carlton.

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

'For Queen and country'

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 12-15-1999).]

Having visited Orion Fleet headquarters. It appears we are several profiles missing from the TBG members. Including the Exec Officers profile!!!

Cmon guys give Blades your support. Hes not asking too much. Mine will be in end of this week...and I'm just a newbie!!! smile.gif

------------------

Commander Carlton

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV Deathbringer

"Peace is something you only get when you're dead"

Thanks Chav, but last I checked, my website WAS in my sig...isn't it? Or is it just me? Is it just because I'm in a thread with Commander Hamblin? Is his insanity finally geting to me?

BTW, Blades - I watched the Command Briefing. The single, funniest moment of my life was when I saw the words:

"Well...we don't really talk about it."

Damn you are a sick, sick puppy.

Yours,

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

Guest Commander Hamblin

Hehe, you all think that I'm mad now, but wait until BC:M comes out. I'll be REALLY mad (Angry mad, not insane mad), hehe. It's only 'cos we're in peacetime that I'm going insane!

Ahem...SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM!

WHAT IS YOUR NAME? -Sir Lancelot.

WHAT IS YOUR QUEST? -I seek the Holy Grail.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR? -Blue.

YOU MAY PASS.

WHAT IS YOUR NAME? -Sir Robin.

WHAT...IS THE CAPITAL OF ABYSSINIA? -What? I don't know that. ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

WHAT IS YOUR NAME? -Sir Galahad.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR? -Blue. No, wait, maybe yellow...ARGGGHHHHHHHH!

WHAT IS YOUR NAME? -I am Arthur, King of the Britains.

WHAT...IS THE AVERAGE AIR SPEED OF A SWALLOW? -What, African or European?

WHAT?I DON'T KNOW THAT. ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

(Oh, btw, I've only seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail twice, so some of the details of the above extract are probably incorrect. If there are, could someone please inform me of them?)

------------------

Commander James Hamblin

Tsunami battle group.

GCV Galatea

"For I dip't into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be..."

Yup, I did in fact recieve your profile.

I just wanted to leave it off for as long as it took you to originally send it to me. Another four days and It should be up there. smile.gif

Heh, even Fleet Commanders can be petty. wink.gif

Seriously, been busy to do too much. It's all ready to be uploaded along with a couple of others but I still need profiles from the rest.

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.hastur.freeserve.co.uk

'For Queen and country'

The following Commanders of the TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP have still NOT forwarded me their profiles.

Commander Joseph Bosch of the GCV - Obenbone

Commander Deathstalker of the GCV - Boost

Commander David Foss of the GCV - Deterrence

Commander Matt Stryker of the GCV - Blackstar

I require these profiles immediately to complete the TBG section of the ORION website.

Please forward these profiles to me by email before the 23rd of December.

Failure to do so will incure an official reprimand.

That is all.

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

'For Queen and country'

Be aware, there has been a new email address provided for those commanders wishing to discuss fleet business with me. Reason why is because I'm gettin satturated with emails from everyone else I deal with, and it's all getting jumbled up.

If it's fleet related, you can mail me at [email protected] and it will get the attention it deserves. The Orion-HQ prefix will also be the new home of the ORION Fleet website early in the new year.

You can still get in touch with me at my current address, but if it's Fleet or game related I would prefer you send it to the one I outlined above.

Thanks gang.

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

'For Queen and country'

I can do that. smile.gif At least you will know everything in that mailbox is BC3K related.

Everyone: I always try to give the courtesy of putting BC3K in the subject or something quickly recognizable as being from the forum. If you get lots of spam you'll know what I mean. "Hi There!" is the worst greeting you can use. biggrin.gif

Just a little courtesy hint. I try to do it and appreciate it in return.

Site looks good Blades. I poked my head in. Hope your bios are coming along.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester

Right ...

Instead of being sensible and going to bed before doing ALL of my Christmas shopping in the morning, I decided to switch to the new site and clear the way for the revamp I'm workin on.

The ORION HEADQUATERS WEBSITE can now

be viewed at www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk and I expect each and everyone of you to add that to your favorites in your browsers. wink.gif

Uh .... spose I had best update my sig now as well.

From myself and all the ORION STATION personel, I wish you a Merry Christmas and prosperous new year.

And since it's christmas, I've decided not to reprimand all those tardy commanders who haven't sent me their BIOS. I'll be nice and give you until I get back home (JAN 4th) to do it. Then you get your asses busted. smile.gif"><P>IORDER.

Be well .....

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen and country'

• 2 weeks later...

Pack away your teddies and stand to attention, the BOSS is back in town.

Now thats out of the way, I hope all you merry bunch had as good an xmas and new years as myself. If you didnt, I dont wanna hear your excuses since you shouldnt have any.

Right, now thats also out of the way, now we are in the new millenium and BC3K is signed, sealed, delivered n signed off, it's time we got serious about what looms on the horizon.

For those slow commanders out there,(Yes, I'm lookin at you James wink.gif) that does indeed mean BC:M.

I'm gettin back on track with the Orion site as we speak, and all the nasty logistical hoo har that will precede multiplay is gettin sorted.

More to follow ....

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen and country'

Guest Commander Hamblin

What, ME?????

Anyway...Blades, if there's anything I need to catch up on (Orders you gave me, etc), then E-mail me them, 'cos my memory sucks, and I need to make a to do list, otherwise everything you told me to do will go undone, ok?

My new E-mail for fleet business is in my sig.

------------------

Commander James Hamblin

Tsunami Battle Group.

GCV Galatea

Fleet Business Address: [email protected]

Heh, just kidding James. I wouldnt assign the village idiot to be my XO, now would I? wink.gif

Anyway, orders are a commin your way. Incidently, you get a nice plush job moderating my new message board (Still being put together, but lookin quite nice if you ask me - http://www.cybershack-uk.com/orion/discus/board.html as well as work on the Fleet News section of the ORION site.

GMAN, we still need those new recruits, so I hope you havent fallen down with a christmas choccie overdose, cos we badly need your services.

The rest of you are not out of the woods yet. I got a few things that still need sorting, and I shall pick on a few of you as they become needed. Remember, this is a working fleet, not a stroll in the park. I expect pushups ...... lots of 'em.

Hop to it men or I send in the fat German woman. smile.gif

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen and country'

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 01-05-2000).]

Station Communications now fully linked from the main Orion website. It's got a lot of RP arenas there, so why not pop along and join the fun. It's open to pretty much everyone, but I suggest reading the notes on the topics before posting.

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen and country'