New Fleet Forums

To make things easier, I have created separate fleet forums for you guys.

Only moderators and admin personnel, can create topics. This will keep things a little more organized. Moderators also have limited powers and admin (myself, Rattler, Ron, spcfx et al) have higher authority as well as access to the forum settings. Normal moderators (Thomas etc), do not have admin access.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm a little puzzled. How were Badgerius and aramike able to become authorised users and start new threads in Fleet Forums? I asked Ristar if it was OK for me to start a new thread in the ISS Forum, and what it was about,and he said it was fine with him, but he didn't have the authority to make me an authorised user. Has he not been told something, or is that something only Thomas and Rattler can do?

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda ISS07

Defence Wing -ISS Fleet

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Because only people with Admin and Moderator access, can post topics in those forums. I did that specifically to prevent clutter. Admin have higher power than Moderators.

And I don't see Badgerius and Aramike creating new threads. They're neither Admin, nor Moderators, so, they shouldn't be able to. Please show me a sample thread and I'll look into it.

Badgerius is listed as topic starter in the "Gamma Wing news" thread in prime forum, and aramike as the topic starter in "Need some Guidance Here..." in the Insurgent Forum

It struck me as strange.

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda ISS07

Defence Wing -ISS Fleet

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

I attempted to create a new post in both the Prime and Insurgent forums under an un-authorized username (Testage). I could not post in either - yet I could post in the New Commanders area. So I assume it is working correctly.

Maybe someone moved the posts from another area to the restricted area?, This would make it look like a new post. I have noticed we normally place comments on items we move - which has been a good policy.

I also checked on the forum restriction settings, and all the new fleet areas are set-up the same, with restrictions in place.

[This message has been edited by SpcFX (edited 03-10-2000).]

Ben,

thanks for your hint. The thread Badgerius started has been moved by me, as requested by Derek himself here:

quote:

Thomas, its all yours. Please move all important threads over here and link to the URLs of the main fleet forum.

Also, I posted in said thread that I moved it, and locked it in the origininal place, which was this forum.

I bet, Uncle Rattler did the same in "his" forum. wink.gif

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Thomas Siemens (edited 03-10-2000).]

Sorry Thomas,

Didn't scroll far down enough to see your message about the move. You are correct and most likely Rattler or Ron did the same thing since the Aramike post is strictly Insurgent related. Kind of a dead issue now - Mystery solve smile.gif

Guest aramike01

SpcFX is correct. I originally started that thread in the General Discussion Forum.

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

So, Who moved the thread? Will the guilty Cmdr step forward please? It was in the proper forum. I thought it should have stayed where it was.

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"