UCV governing rules

Derek,

I pulled the following thread from the New America post in the Insurgency Fleet forum. I do not know if there has been any follow-up, so this post can be used for discussion and/or closure of the topic.

quote:

We already have specific rules governing the naming of non-structured castes such as Raider, Assassin, Hacker, Trader etc.

In fact, now that I think about it, I need fleet leaders to dig up those rules, put them in a single document and send to me. I will clean it up and post it on the site, so that all can see.

This is a snip of the thread that started the UCV designation

At any rate, in light of these developments, you are now stripped of your GALCOM designation. Please remove the GCV tag from your sig. Since we don't know where you are, I guess you can keep the ship but you are neither GCV nor ECV or even ICV designation. You should use the UCV (Unregistered Command Vessel) tag from now on. That is my ruling.

So, next time you post, you should be using

UCV-DARK RIFT (Raider) in your sig. You can change the caste to anything you like (other than GALCOM, Earthcom, Military, Insurgent, Diplomat, Police) I only used Raider as an example. There is a new Mercenary caste in BC:3020AD anyway, so, you can use that now if you like.

Yes, I just made that whole UCV thing up as I was typing it and have updated the BC:3020AD manuscript accordingly. Anyone not belonging to a fleet, can use this and select any caste they like. You will be able to do the same thing in multiplayer anyway.

Supreme Commander D. Smart

GCV-Warmonger

GALCOM First Fleet

------

And until BC:3020AD is released, there won't be any new fleets or race/castes created. Any commander not belonging to a registered fleet should use the UCV designation until further notice.

Once BC:3020AD+mp are out, I will have a dedicated and redesigned fleet page here.

The BC3K universe is not a free for all. I will later allow the creation of new fleets but with specific designations, rules etc which augment what DeSylva already has. So, if MechWarrior wants to create a Raider Fleet (he won't be allowed to), he will have to demonstrate leadership etc.

In fact, now that I think about it, for new official fleets, I will list them all, including the allowed race/caste affiliations, have people enroll and then pick a leader based on some criteria that I will cook up in my sleep.

All the fleet leaders here, did not spring up over night. They are dedicated vets who know the game and its universe inside out. They are leaders. It would be insulting to have some upstart just spring up overnight and form a fleet.

All the fleet leaders here are official testers and therefore, I will work with them in constructing a criteria for creating new fleets, assigning stations, wings etc, when the time comes. For now, DeSylva, Spcfx, Akira, Tac etc, why don't you guys send me a proposal for the new fleets with a diverse selection of race/caste affiliations?

----

Also, the term clan, is hereby outlawed in this universe. Fleets, Squadrons and Wings, are the norm and this is the structure that should be used.

I think you covered it ALL Boss! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"