May I make a Suggestion?

Removing this message due to it being posted under the wrong pretences. I recieved about 5 posts in another thread in about 5 minutes concerning my ship name. This got me a little frustrated and caused me to misinturpet alot of what was said (some of it not even pertaining to me). So I'm taking back the solution to a problem that isn't as big of a problem as I made it out to be (lost anyone with that??). Sorry for the 'noise'.

Thanks SpcFX. If you want to axe this thread go for it.

[This message has been edited by Vorpal (edited 03-03-2000).]

Vorpal,

I have the orginal Roster pulled from this site back in June of last year, I also have the same list converted to excel. Both are easy to search for duplicate names. One thing you should realize is that if you pick a name today (like the hundreds already on the roster) and you disappear for a year, your vessel name may have been taken when the sim is released. As Derek posted, it is on a first come first serve basis. The orginal roster probably contains quite a few entries from people who came to this site a couple of times and register a vessel, and have never been seen again. Those vessels will be purged when the fun begins and the names would then become available.

I will see how a cut and paste looks on a post, this will give you the ability to search through what has been taken in the past.