Recruitment Bids

Guest aramike01

Guest aramike01

Attention to all potential recruiters:

I've decided to start this thread because it seems as though we (including myself) tend to pounce on every unsuspecting new commander that walks through the door in an attempt to ally them with our respective fleets.

I'm proposing that we keep those recruitment bids here. Doing so will help keep this forum uncluttered IMO. So I'm requesting that all potential recruiters simply type in this URL into any reply designed to affiliate our new commanders. Once they check in here, we can hit them as hard as we'd like with propaganda and not feel guilty about cluttering up other threads.

Love Live the Insurgency!!!

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Ermmm...? ...Anybody else see it??

I think someone may have been sipping a little too much contraband... (joke) =)

But I think this is a good idea. Perhaps we should include a post detailing each fleet here? Tac posted a quick review of all the fleets on the New Commanders forum, or each Fleet Commander could give details individualy (propaganda and all ;] ). Then purge this thread of any non-official recruitment posts (like this one).

------------------

Commander Ramius

GCV Black Star

1'st Squadron, *Marauder Wing

Stationed, Fenrir Starbase

"Liberate tetute mae. Ex e LOVE"

PST

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Vorpal (edited 03-15-2000).]

I'll just refer 'em to here

"any questions?"

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda ISS07

Defence Wing -ISS Fleet

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Guest aramike01

I just like the idea of having RP "debates" as each new commander checks in. I can only imagine the mudslinging that may occur. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

I think you'll find mud has a tendency to slip through your fingers and land on your uniform if you try to throw it. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda ISS07

Defence Wing -ISS Fleet

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

This is interesting. I am an new commander in the since I have not posted or played the game much due to personal issues within the last month. My point is, my first post was almost a year or so ago and I have yet had one invitation from a recruiter to jion a fleet. I beginning to think that I may have upset someone.

I have recently even requested memembership in a fleet and have not gotten a response by either the Fleet Commander or the second in command. I find that rather troublesome. Anyway I am looking for a fleet so through the propaganda this way!!!!!

------------------

Thanks Com. Ryker

ECV Olympus II

"Defending The Weak"

Rod,

None of us have been actively recruiting members up until very recently. It is likely that since your initial post all that time ago and didnt follow up too much (If at all) that you were forgotten. Dont feel bad, we get a lot of traffic through here and a lot of the registered commanders tend not to hang around for very long.

However, if you want to join a Fleet, take a look at each of them in turn and make an informed choice. Each Fleet has a website worthy of visit (Mines in my sig) and can be accessed on the BC main page.

Whatever you do, make sure the choice is right for you, because you will be stuck with it for a long time.

Welcome back to the war ...

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen and country'

• 6 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ok Sho, let the mudslinging BEGIN!

As the Public Relations Officer for Prime Fleet, I am charged with cotatcing new recruits and answering any questions or concerns.

I get these questions a lot so I'll answer them here:

Q) Are there other fleets I can join?

A) yes, but you need not worry about them, they're cannibals.

Q) Is Prime Fleet the best fleet?

A) Yes, only because we are prime and not even or odd.

Seriously though, Prime Fleet like every other fleet has a rich history that dates back to the beginning of the Battlecruiser series. We have dedicated personnel who strive to improve our skils and achieve our mission.

Each fleet has their own personality that each recruit must weigh heavily when considering their options.

For instance, Prime Fleet like any GALCOM fleet is pro-GALCOM. Which means we try to obey laws and have a command structure that is rigid. Where as the Insurgent fleets have their own code of ethics, but do not obey the laws set by GALCOM. They are seen as terrorists and murderers, but have their own view on the situation.

There is only one question a new member should ask themselves before joining a fleet, "What kind of character am I?".

Holy CRAP this thread is old...

Insurgency FAQ:

Q) Is it true that Insurgents get all the chicks?

A) Absolutely not. We only get all the wild and hot chicks. The rest go for Galcommies. And the REALLY freaky ones go for Gammulans. Trust me - you don't want a chick after she's dated a Gammulan...

Q) Is it true that Insurgents are better than Galcommies?

A) Absolutely! Not only do we have more fun, but we have access to all SORTS of banned alcoholic beverages the Galcommies would die for. In fact, I'm drinking one right now that not only gets you nice and drunk, but ist also gtzz yu wellyx sjick

There are guys that fight hard, and there are guys that fight smart. Which set of guys is going to get a regular pummelling from the other?

ISS Fleet houses Galcom's primary intelligence network and is tasked with protecting it's most vital assets, which means taking out any actual or potential threat, no matter how strong or well-organised, and we are very good at what we do. We fight very hard and very smart.

Q: What do I do when facing ISS Fleet in battle?

A: Run.

Q: What about when I have them outnumbered?

A: Run.

You just might live to tell about it*.

(*That is, if Wraith Fleet operatives didn't slit your throats before you even left spaceport)

Rip provided us with one a couple of months back for private fleet stuff, so we used it for matches as well, since server logs are easier to work with than client logs.

New recruit here, I have read all info about the fleets and have come the conclusion that I can not make a choice on one

So I want to see who needs/wants a recruit the most. So have at it.

To give you some info about me, I have playing BC/UC off an on for awhile but have been mainly a lurker on the forums(which I plan to change ). Even though I have been playing for many years, I think of my self as a novice commander(ie don't want you to think I know it all and get into combat and accidental open an airlock). I follow rules and regulations as best as I can so you will not have to worry about me not doing something(even if I think the order is not the wises choice lol )

Also, I am dieing to get into some multiplayer action that means something(or even some multiplayer in general )

So like I said, have at it...which fleet wants/needs me the most

Eclipse is right, Eon Hawk. Where else can you kick around a couple of Galcom fleets?

They may think they have the upperhand so far in MP, but we're just pacing ourselves at the moment. Will clamp down on them soon enough!

Plus, the more you participate in fleet activities, you stand a good chance of moving up the Insurgent fleet ranks and having more reponsibilities. Personally, I like to reward people who contribute greatly to Insurgent activities.

-Sho

Commander Eon Hawk,

I would like to invite you to consider Wraith Fleet as your future home.

Wraith Fleet is currently in the process of rebuilding it's membership, and we would be glad to have you aboard.

Please see our Charter for more detailed public information.

If you have the time we should be able to get you ramped up to the proper security clearance in order to be involved with the Fleet Action season (we are currently running a 'test' FA season right now).

So please, consider your options carefully, as once you proceed done one path, you can't return.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and when you decide, you can apply in the Fleet DB and you can begin your training.

Cheers!

Hmm...choices choices choices...

I do like the idea of Wraith, being on the edge of space and all.

But dang, you have a lot of rules/regulations

Then there is Spectre, just trying to bring peace to the galaxie by removing Galcom.

I will think on this a little more(ie everyone still has a chance to sway me in there direction )

The problem is, Hawk, that you're exactly the kind of recruit any fleet would want. I'd recruit you myself, but it'd be dishonest of me to say that we need new people more than the other fleets, our active membership is pretty healthy atm, so I'm going to throw my weight behind Wraith's bid.

The charter may look like a lot of rules and regulations, but most of it is describing the fleet's history and structure (in practise, the structure is a lot simpler and more flexible than it seems at first glance, those structures will only become more important when its membership increases.) Those rules that are there should not be viewed as restrictions, but as possibilities, these are all the different ways of getting involved in things the fleet does, and positive activities that the fleet recognises and rewards.

As far as promotion goes, in Wraith it doesn't just mean more responsibilities, it also means access to higher levels of classified info and more advanced topics in Wraith's awesome training program.

[rp]

The Insurgents goal of removing Galcom would not bring peace. They seek not only to dismantle galcom, but also Earthcom and the UFN goverment as a whole, terminating all alliances with alien nations, but this is not practical in our modern times. We need alliances and treaties with other races to survive in this harsh galaxy of ours- without them we become weaker and weaker through mutual distrust and infighting, and those who would take advantage of our disputes with our neighbours.

The Insurgents seek to destroy their political opponents through force of arms. Should they succeed, would this policy end, or would they continue to hunt down and 'cleanse' society of all their opponents?

History has shown that the vast majority of successful violent revolutions do not bring about peaceful democracies, but anarchy or brutal dictatorships, where power is all that matters. They may even have begun with noble causes or intentions, but once conflict drags on through generations, then violence becomes a way of life and peace an uncomfortable pause.

Are we expected to believe that the Insurgency will be different? That is too great a risk for me to take.

They say that the UFN is corrupt. I will not deny that there are corrupt individuals in places of power, there are in every system of government, but is it not more reasonable to root out and neutralise corruption wherever we find it (which we try to do) than to destroy the whole system of government itself (a 'cure' that is worse than the complaint)?

[/rp]

plus Wraith is all about super stealthy secret agent stuff, which makes for great rpstories

I just wanted to confirm Ben's posting above. Wraith Fleet really doesn't have rules and reg's that will get in the way of having a good time, and learning A LOT about this game, way more so than just playing on your own.

If you have any questions about Wraith, please post here, or PM me. I would be glad to answer any questions to help you choose a fleet. Also, due to our low membership right now, Wraith Fleet is a good place for you if you are looking for rapid advancement through the ranks.

Looking forward to your decision,

quote:

I just wanted to confirm Ben's posting above. Wraith Fleet really doesn't have rules and reg's that will get in the way of having a good time,

And that's pretty much the same case with the Insurgent Fleet. Don't mind our Charter as it's going to be rewritten and simplified very soon.

RP ON

If you want to join a GalCom fleet and have to follow their regulations (ie, fire only when fired upon, etc.) and other orders of restraint, that's your choice.

In the Insurgent fleet, we do have some rules. However, most of the orders given to you are to be completed at your own discretion and any way you see fit in accomplishing the mission.

We allow a lot more freedom to our commanders that GalCom does. Most of their orders are given by "behind-the-desk" Admirals whom take all the credit and only worry about how many medals they will be given.

In a typical GalCom fleet, you are nothing but pawn. In the Insurgent fleet, you are your own man.

RP OFF

-Sho

Well I have made my choice...

[RP]

After listening to every one's speech and what not, I headed back to my ship to talk it over with myself.

"Eon, this is the most important choice that you have had to make in awhile" I said to myself as I entered my quarters.

I decided to really think between the two different fleets, weighing the pros and cons for each one. Just my luck, neither of them out weighs the other. So I started to drink.

First one went down fairly slow but after that each one went down faster. So after awhile, there sitting on the table in front of me was seven bottles along with seven bottle caps.

That's when it hit me...almost as hard as the alcohol did. I would just flip a cap and let fate have the last say.

So I picked up the closest cap, put it on my thumb and said out loud: "Heads for the Insurgents, tails for Wraith..."

I gave it a good hard flip. One of those hard flips that seem to make it hover, flipping end over end in one spot for a long time. anxiously waiting for fate to answer the question for me.

While being marveled at my wondrous flip, I came to my own decision. I am in no way Wraith material. Oh sure, I could run a few missions, follow order after order, to only get forgotten about till the day I snap and fire everything I had at HQ. Screaming on the comms: Do you even know me?!?

So by the time the bottle cap fell to the deck plate, I did not need to look at the damn thing to know MY fate belonged with the Insurgents!

Once I got done laughing out loud, I headed for the bridge to make the call. As I got to the elevator the little voice in the back of my head...or the alcohol...told me to go back just to see what fate had answered.

As I headed back to my quarters, the alcohol started to really kick in. The walls and floor started to ungulate, making it harder and harder to walk straight. I stop for a second, reach for my comms and send a message to the engineers to fix this corridor before someone gets hurt.

I finally make it to the door of my quarters. The door opens and I head in. I look around on the deck plate to see how fate answered. To my amazement, the cap landed on its side in a grove.

My final words this night as I passed out was "Fate...what a bit..."

[/RP]

So I guess tomorrow I will sign up in the fleet DB for the Insurgents. Sorry for the long winded part, I know I am not the best writer in the world. Just wanted to have a little fun

Nothing too much wrong with your writing style IMO. You'll fit into the community very well.

Congratulations on reaching a decision

[rp] though you're in for a serious hiding [/rp]

Aww.... well darn *sigh* can't be helped.

Either way, Ben is right. You will be in for some hard training, but that'll make you experienced and worthy of a challenge

[rp]Oh well, more targets for me to fire at[/rp]