BCM Multiplayer Fleet Suggestions

Hopefully, I'm posting this in the right forum. If not, I'm hoping my superior officers will take care of it for me. Whether it be by berating me or just moving it or a combination of both! smile.gif

Anyways, I was thinking today, that I don't remember anyone figuring out how we can use the various fleets in different ways when multiplayer comes out. So, I thought I'd get the ball rolling and hopefully some creative juices flowing. Based upon the multiplayer FAQ, it states that up to 16 players can play on a server. Now, bearing that in mind, what if say, once a week, certain fleets can get together on a predetermined server to "settle their differences?" IE, in the RPG forum, ISS fleet decides it wants to attack say, StarStation New Frontier. Being that New Frontier is going to be attacked or challenged, someone on the Insurgent side would be the server. The Fleet Commander (Rattler) would look on the Insurgent roster and see that New Frontier is staffed by Commanders Akira, Agro and myself. He would then shoot an email either by ICQ or whatever, to let us know about the impending attack or challenge. He would also let us know an approximate date and time to join the server as well as who would be the server. We would reply back whether or not we'd be able to make it. The Fleet Commander could also try to round up 5 other Insurgent commanders that could join the server to help defend New Frontier. Meanwhile on the other side of the coin, the ISS Fleet Commander is trying to round up 1 to 8 of his own ISS commanders to join the server to attempt to capture or destroy the StarStation. Once to two Fleet Commanders agree on a time and date, the battle would commence. It's also important to note, that since Commander Akira is station commander, he should be allowed to assign his people where he wants them as well as the ISS Fleet Commander leading the attack being able to do the same. When all is said and done, that should be 8 Insurgents against 8 ISS ships. Now, I realize, that there is a pretty good chance that both sides won't be even, due to various reasons such as time zone differences, etc. But that would be the beauty of it, you'd never know exactly whose gonna win the "bragging rights!"

Again, I want to STRESS that everything stated above is very preliminary and open to suggestions and/or critiques. I just want to hear opinions. Plus, I think it'll add more depth to the RPG forum.

Also, if the response is good and with the permisson of Derek, I'd even be interested in doing a "rulebook" of sorts for these scenarios to be eventually sent to all fleets. That way everyone would be on the same sheet of music when time for conflict comes.

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

"Attack With Effectiveness"

[This message has been edited by ShoHashi (edited 03-21-2000).]

Too regimented. Perhaps an informal invitation on the board a week or so in advance. Like we do with chats.

As far as adding to the RPG forum I don't think so. Bragging rights for that particular team sure. But that adding to the RPG forum disturbs me. If ISS captures Spectre will it be destroyed henceforth in RPG? Nope. We have to keep these things separate as we already do with RP tags. I can see War stories and perhaps with an RPG twist but nothing that happens on the server should reflect on the game itself. It would only be relevant to that persistent server the game was being played on. Just like if I was playing my 2.0x and the gamms kicked my rear and in your game you captured the whole gamm quadrant. It does not reflect unto The Game itself but only your game.

Differences? We aren't that far gone yet that we have to settle "differences". We are BC3K gamers first. I can see some rivalry springing up but I hope it stays within the nature of the community we have already established.

I have been on two multiplay servers. One of which was MSCFS (MSN gaming zone Combat Flight Simulator) and I saw newbies that would play with anyone (a good thing), people that would wait for certain players (thus hogging a game slot), and people waiting for a full game (again hogging a game slot). If you wind up uneven play anyway. I think that is what you are saying.

So Informal (posted here) invites. Email confirmation maybe.

Braggin rights sure but no lasting effects on the RPG world.

Play the game with whoever you can find.

Those are the few thoughts I have so far.

------------------

Commander Chavik

Spectre Fleet

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Guest Ron Wallin

yeah, that's (Chav's response) what we agreed on earlier anyway... But I don't want to open that can of worms again. It was hard enough getting them all together the last time.

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 03-22-2000).]

Guest Remo Williams

Hmmm, I thought that was the idea for forming the fleets, and inlisting new Commanders to join so that we would have structured fleet operations in BCM not just total anarchy. Oh well its all good anyway lol.

Like I had said earlier, it was just a suggestion to get BCM involved with the Fleets.

Chavik- Sure, I can agree on not combining BCM conflicts with the RPG forum and that's fine. However, when you stated that we aren't that far gone yet that we have to settle "differences," I think you misunderstood me. My meaning of settling "differences" was to settle multiplayer conflicts between fleets in RPG. My intent was not to settle "differences" just because you don't like someone in real life. We are, in my opinion, to mature for that. I guess I just picked the wrong word to use. smile.gif

Its just that here we have Fleets and BCM coming up directly and it would be nice to find a way we can combine the two. What about opening another forum dedicated to BCM battles? That would keep the RPG forum separate and still allow a place to post about online escapades.

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

"Attack With Effectiveness"