GALCOM Fleet Asset Locations, Discrepancies

Ok Gents,

I've received the files I think. Have zipped them up and fired them off to the SC. Thanks for the quick response on the corrections. Hopefully this will be to his satisfaction. I'll try to stay in touch. wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

I am not at all happy with this stuff. Is it so hard for you guys to come up with a common layout? Though I had repeatedly asked you guys to use a universal layout, such as the Wraith format (the best so far), I still see a mass of convoluted, bad formatted and organized structures.

If this is not sorted out a week from today, the following will occur. And this time, I'm not screwing around, nor am I going to grant an extension. So, I suggest that you guys get together with Tac and sort this out. Also, in addition to .doc files, I need .html versions of all files. This will be for the Fleet page.

1. I will fire all fleet leaders, disband all fleets and start from scratch.

2. I will order the closure of all fleet websites.

3. I will take control of these fleets, bring them inhouse and appoint my own internal people who I know that I can trust, to handle this. Rattler, Tac etc, to name a couple.

4. I will close the proposed upcoming open multiplayer beta and nobody outside of my dev and beta teams, will be able to participate.

I am uploading all the files to this link below and the upload should be completed 15 mins from the date stamp of this post.

www.bc3000ad.com/fleets/fleets.zip 2.5MB

Derek,

I just finished converting the ISS doc to Tac's format (though it has a white background with black text).

It will be in your inbox shortly, along with the html version. They will be zipped.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I am sorry we have made it hard for you, and have driven you to the point that you would close all the fleets. I hope that soon we will get all this settled, and we came resume our lives as normal smile.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

- Award for Gallantry

"Honor and courage, above all else"

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Black Falcon Homepage

Staff Member at RPGClassics.com

Incoming! eek.gif"><P>WeFleet Leaders & XO's:

I got Tuesdays and Thursdays free, we can meet anytime in those days on ICQ or anywhere its convenient for you, or we can work it out via e-mail (use [email protected] , I can access that away from home).

This would be for GALCOM Fleets , or for all fleets? Earthcom and the Insurgents are bound to have something different (just like the navy,army and marines today...all diferent structures)

quote:

I will close the proposed upcoming open multiplayer beta and nobody outside of my dev and beta teams, will be able to participate.

Chief, I believe this will harm the game and the fanbase... after all, the other 3 consequences are because of our (read:fleet leaders) mess. Open Beta for the MP will allow not only allow for increased feedback to gameplay issues, but it will almost surely bring about *some* changes to whatever structure we can come up with.

I used the structures I had to play under (and help develop) when I was in squadrons in other games (Longbow2, Air Warrior 3,XvT,Chain of Command) and merged it to make the Wraith structure. I used the LB2 one as a main layout, and it took the leader of my Lb2 squadron nearly a whole year to adapt/test the structure until it actually worked on an enviroment that suited the game and the player's schedules.

IMHO, the same will happen to BC3K when we get the MP.. and the open beta will give us the guinea pigs (read: players) to test the structures and adapt them.

I guess what i'm trying to say is: Please dont close the open beta biggrin.gif

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Edited: $@#@# typos wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 03-31-2000).]

Tac, I'm not talking about the internal structure, I am talking about 'layout' of the files themselves! The Wraith one is clear and easy to read and digest. Most of the others are err on the side of clarity.

William, I just looked at your revised version, looks good!!

Even though Tac has a graphic image for his structure, you guys don't need to do that if you don't want to. But, it does make it look a lot nicer (at least in the .DOC version, no need for graphics in the HTML version).

Again, Tac's is by far the best so far. Imagine that, after all, this is Tac we're talking about - notorious for breaking every rule he can think of. biggrin.gif

And Tac, yes, you're right about the sort of feedback that an open beta will give, but, regardless, you guys in the beta testing team (and some hard working guys here, Parias, his crew of misfits etc), will have to be GameMasters on the servers (free access, ability to kick people etc) because the dev team won't be around all the time to police the open beta. So, if some of these guys can't get a simple fleet structure organized, how can I trust them to organize anything, let alone a multiplayer entity? See my problem? I didn't pick you guys to be on my beta team, have access to my web server etc, for your looks. I did that because of the responsiblity that you guys have displayed and because I know that in my absence, someone has my back. But, I am dismayed that in two months, some have not been able to get this simple task, sorted out.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-31-2000).]

WHEW! It seems I misundertood! Thnk god! I thought hell had gone from pre-heat to "burn" again biggrin.gif

Now all we need is for the beta to go out, and the players to start beefing up the ranks... smile.gif

Derek,

im revisioning the DOC file now, it will be in your inbox this weekend, along with the HTML version

------------------

EarthCOM-Officer T. C. McQueen

ECV-Saratoga

15th EarthCOM Planetary Force, Alpha Group

"One time a marine, always amarine, and to hell with anyting that stands in our way!"

Earth Command

www.earthcom.de

Derek,

I'm glad you like the new Doc. I was looking over the first one that I sent you, and it turns out I sent the wrong one redface.gif The one you got the first time was my work-in-progress. I had saved the final version under a different filename redface.gif Oh, well, it doesn't matter now smile.gif Let me know if you need any changes made.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

- Award for Gallantry

"Honor and courage, above all else"

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Black Falcon Homepage

Staff Member at RPGClassics.com

[This message has been edited by William Ramsay (edited 04-01-2000).]

No problem, we've got a few more days to go.

This month, I'm going to promote all Fleet Leaders who are not testers, to tester status because only the beta testers will have access to the upcoming beta before I release it as an open beta. This way, we can iron out all the kinks and prevent a diluge of bug and performance reports. In fact, thats why I have not released a version to testers yet, they're just as bad, when it comes breaking stuff and keeping me up, nights. wink.gif

Sorry Derek,

i guess it will take longer than i thought, have duty this weekend, i'll try to send it during the next week, probably between monday and wednesday.

hope thats not too late, but duty is always first frown.gif

------------------

EarthCOM-Officer T. C. McQueen

ECV-Saratoga

15th EarthCOM Planetary Force, Alpha Group

"One time a marine, always amarine, and to hell with anyting that stands in our way!"

Earth Command

www.earthcom.de

Guys, I'm posting this from a very, very long way from Kansas so bear with me. Derek, is there a problem with the Insurgent Layout? If so, Ron and Gum must act in my stead. Gum has full knowledge of the files and Ron has athority to grant final release. My only access to public email is [email protected] . Obviously not my choice but only semi-reliable email here. Any and all correspondence would be greatly enjoyed.

Thanks,

Rattler

The only problem is with the layout. I wanted them all to follow some sort of convention for readability. Only Tac's one is clear. IIRC, the Insurgent one has blurry images etc and not a very good layout either.

Ron and Gum,

Can you get to the files and work them to the specifications that Tac has for his? If so, please comply with Tac's Format. Any work that we can save the SC means a quicker access for all to BCM. Let me know and keep me informed. Ron, you have final say in the layout. Make it happen please.

Thanks,

Rattler

Just got back from the Dells fishing trip...

The walleye weren't biting much, but the sturgeon were!! BIG time!! I caught 9 of em, ranging from 3 1/2 feet long to almost 5 feet.

The biggest was a 56" 60 pound fish that took me 2 hours to land using 8 lb. test line.. what a battle!

here's a pic of a one of the catches of the day smile.gif

http://www.firstworld.net/~andergum/JA-fish1.jpg

I'll look at our docs tomorrow after work.. don't worry Rattler, we'll get them done...

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

I'm am trying to format the Prime layout to meet Tac's, unforunately I am getting alot of bookmark errors and crunched text towards the middle of the page (I am using MSWord95).

Going to try and wing it, I think I get the jest of what Derek is looking for.

Whew, many thanks, Mark! smile.gif

Btw., I have to apologize for that mess - if you used the doc file from the zip, it is my original html file (created with StarOffice 5.1a) converted to doc format by Rich (Uncle Rattler). If Win95 were able to import html, please try the fleetstr.htm file, also.

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Arghh, this week has been busy. Still, I've reworked the original document into somthing better than it was before (Yeah I know, it wasnt wonderful - But I have been very busy) and I'm just sortin the hmtl version. It will be zipped n posted within 24.

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen and country'

Could someone please help me to create a single htm file for the insurgent docs?

I have no problem creating a htm file with links to all the pics I need (done), but I don't know what program to use to get it all into one file.

Thanks

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

Gum,

Antilles, Ron, or Lord David should be able to assist here. Sorry I'm of no use to you on this end. frown.gif

Guys, bear a hand here. This needs to get done ASAP! Your assist will be greatly appreciated.

Tac, If he doesn't get help from his fellow Insurgents, could you give him a hand?

thanks,

Rattler, Insurgent One At Large

Sure, e-mail it to me.

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=