GALCOM Fleet Asset Locations, Discrepancies

As suggested in an email to me, I'm going to give the Fleet Commanders the locations that have been chosen as their bases. I'll list them by Fleet so there will be no mistake as to who has claimed which bases.

First, there are rules:

1. Earthcom has ALL rights to any locations that they have claimed. Why? Because they got their information into the SC long before I became involved and definitely long before you guys decided where you wanted to be.

2. Earthcom also secured special dispensation from the SC for locations because they were not going to attempt to take GALCOM assets away from the GALCOM Fleets.

3. Prime Fleet can use any and all Terran Military Starbases and Starstations. Why? Because they are GALCOM's Prime Fleet. They answer Directly to Karl Reines.

Now here are the locations that you need to pay attention to. I'm not listing the Insurgents Locations. They are not in question however, if you just want to know, visit my site and look at the Fleet Doc there.

Prime Fleet:

GALCOM HQ

Genesis Starstation

Starpath Starstation

Starbase Earth (Starbase 1)

Earthcom:

Earthstar Starstation

MZ-13***

MZ-35

MZ-45

MZ-123

MZ-134

MZ-180

MZ-189

Orion:

Orion HQ

MZ-13***

MZ-28***

MZ-70***

MZ-139

ISS:

ISS HQ

Starbase 2 (Mars)

MZ-22

MZ-28***

MZ-36

Wraith:

Wraith HQ

MZ-37

MZ-70***

MZ-188

MZ-207

Now before we go any further, make sure that the areas that you have chosen are Terran Millitary. Earthcom is the only exception. They have a get out of jail free card. What They have already claimed are theirs. Period!

OK Commanders, Straighten it out amoungst yourselves but get it done NOW. I'd really like to get this done and into the SC's hands. I just won't knowingly give him a flawed product.

Thanks for your continued support.

Rattler

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 03-28-2000).]

As Ristar is away, I'll make the call here for the ISS. I just emailed Blades about MZ-28. If he and I can't work it out, I'll let him have it and I'll take MZ-7 on Earth for CIOPS. That's if we can't work it out, because I really want that moon base smile.gif Rattler, I'll let ya know.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

- Award for Gallantry

"Honor and courage, above all else"

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Black Falcon Homepage

Staff Member at RPGClassics.com

As much as I hate to do this, here is what happens when the developers sort out their own squads if they don't want the fan base screwing around with it for months end.

Perhaps this is what I should have done? It doesn't seem as if you guys are ever going to sort this mess out finally. I can only hope. biggrin.gif

www.starlancer.org/squads/

Gentlemen,

I must insist that these discrepancies be resolved within the next 36 hours and the final results in my hands at the end of that time. I can't go into the reason for this speedy resolution however, I can tell you that this time line must be met If I'm going to finish the product and deliver to SC. I think SC will understand what I'm saying here so Hop To It, Commanders.

Rattler

While I'm on a role here I might just as well get this off my chest. I don't blame the SC for getting Cheezed about now. I'm far passed this point. I as well as the SC have been extremely patient IMHO. Truth is that I personally feel that I've let him down. I don't like that feeling and do not appreciate having been forced into this position. Out of respect for you guys I've taken flak and continued to delay. At the end of the above time line that I've layed out, If the issues are not resolved I have two options. I'll finish them myself and send the product along or I'll pass it to Andergum to finish and pass along. Either way it's going to be finished. If you want your bases at the locations that you choose, You'll get the info to me on time. "Nuff Said!"

Rattler

I've got a question about the base locations. I've found an unclaimed starbase (no race or caste association), according to the pzones.pdf. Could we claim the starbase, or do we have to look for an unclaimed Terran/Military zone?

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

Terran Military Ben. This whole exercise is to have Galcom, Earthcom, and Insurgents remain ballanced. If you took another's base then you would again add to the already existing ballance I believe. Only exception to this is Earthcom. They arranged special dispensation from Derek in the very beginning and have been ready for a long time now. If SC allow's it then Ok. He's already told Tac a resounding "NO" though.

Besides, Prime Fleet has no problems that I'm aware of. You guys can use the whole GALCOM gambit of toys already! biggrin.gif

Rattler

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 03-28-2000).]

Ok, by my count Earthcom, Prime, ISS, and Insurgent bases are now clean and ready to go. Only 2 more Fleets to solve. Thanks Blades and Alun. This is called cooperation. We need more of it around here. wink.gif

Rattler

quote:

You guys can use the whole GALCOM gambit of toys already!

Yes, but bear in mind Rattler that most Terran zones outside the inmediate Sol system are not terran/mil, the great majority of them are insurgent (those in good places!).

Bear in mind also that 4 Galcom Fleets are being asked to find locations for 4 starbases each. It is quite hard to find a Terran/Mil Zone that hasn't already been claimed by another Galcom fleet. Too many starbases looking for locations, too few Terran/Mil zones.

I've spent 2 hours cruising over the Terran Quadrant, and every moon and planet I've scouted so far (outside Sol system) has no free Terran/Mil zones (but many many many Insurgent zones).

However, recent events may open up a zone to Galcom forces: Velari SS was commandeered by Galcom, so that leaves 2 Insurgent Zones on the planet its orbiting. The reason for appropiating Velari was to fight the insurgent threat.. well, that's kinda hard to do if you got 2 insurgent zones down there... IMHO, they should have been blasted to kingdom come by the arriving Galcom forces.

I would ask the higher powers to convert this zone to terran/mil and place a Wraith starbase there (zone 134, 432S 940W). Galcom would then have 2 starbases and a starstation in that solar system... a powerful force to combat the insurgency.

If this can't be done, I guess Wraith would be forced to put another starbase in the Sol system frown.gif or put it somewhere in Credian space, dangerously sandwiched by 2 insurgent starstations. Another option would be the creation of new Terran/Mil zones in some of the completely unzoned moons in the polaris-procyon systems.

Awaiting response...

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 03-29-2000).]

Maybe you are right Tac, but zones 7 and 78 are still unclaimed. I'll let the SC deal with how/if he wants to change any zones within his game. As I said earlier, My Time is extremely limited at the moment. Right now the "Rattler Road Show" is T-3 and counting. The deadline that I listed is not negotiable. After that it's all in the SC's hands on how he'll handle this.

Rattler

Right, by my count, only MZ-139 (Polaris-2, Moon02) is still ORION property. I'm glad I get to keep this one, cos this is needed. However, I'm also very keen to keep hold of MZ-70 (Tramis, Moon02), and so long as Tac doesnt object too strongly (Makes more sense for ORION to have this facility really) I'm gonna plant a 'Tresspassers will be shot, beaten and towel flicked' notice in the dirt.

That just gives me somthing like 12 hours to find two new locations for my other assets. Bummer. Didnt I mention how busy I was this week? smile.gif

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen and country'

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 03-29-2000).]

quote:

I would ask the higher powers to convert this zone to terran/mil and place a Wraith starbase there (zone 134, 432S 940W). Galcom would then have 2 starbases and a starstation in that solar system... a powerful force to combat the insurgency.

OK, I think I see the problem. Anyway, I am not going to add any new zones. However, I have no problems changing the race/caste alliances, if the reason is a good one - such as Tac's request.

Since it is logical to have zones in the region where your station is located, I have given access to some in Lyrius as well. If anyone else (Blades?) has similar requests, and have a good reason, let me know. I can change the race/caste alliance of existing zones but I cannot create new ones. In my on-going play balancing checks, I may also re-assign MZ at will. This means that you guys may get more MZ assets.

I can also add/remove objects, with ease. This means that each of these MZs, will have a functional starbase in addition to what is already there. Those starbases, like stations, will be launch points in multiplayer.

Rattler, I would need you to ensure that any MZ that is to be re-assigned, be flagged with the following text assignment pending in the submitted fleet structure; so that I remember to update the game database as well as the pzones.doc/pdf file when I'm doing the BCM manuals. It would also be nice if you could, in the pzones.doc file you have, tally up all the race/caste ownerships (including any re-assignments) for me and add to a new table at the top of the file. This way, I can have an at a glance look at the balancing and count of all MZ assets. So, eg, I can take one look at the second table and see how many Terran/Military Mission Zones there are.

So, Tac, you can have the following zones to pick from.

Terran/Military MZ pending assignments

95, 99, 102, 134, 131, 134,

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-29-2000).]

Personally speaking, my choice with the SC's dispensation would be MZ 134. It would give us a nice mid-range starbase, and access to Velari SS if we need it, since it is also located in system. The SS and Wraith would gain mutual benefit, as our ships can defend it, and the SS can help defend our starbase. Sounds like a good bet to me. What do ye say, o' fearless leader? wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

Aye Ben, zone 134, 432 S 940 W it is.

Blades: Zone 70 is yours, that's why I was hunting for another Terran/Mil zone. Just remember to send us some Syrion Beer up our way eh? Besides, Orion's got a Starbase on the Moon of Polaris-2, we have our starbase in Polaris-2 itself. We going to have some interesting times over there biggrin.gif

SC: Much appreciated! smile.gif

The .doc has been re-edited and fowarded to Rattler.. with the "Assignment Pending" smacked by the Zone134 starbase.

Well, I guess that finishes up this bussiness as far as Wraith is concerned. What a rush!*grin*

Thanks Derek. Maybe we can get this done after all. I'm extremely rushed for time at the moment so I might have to hand this off to Andergum before I go. "Uncle Rattler's Traveling Road Show" departs early Friday morning for points un-named headed east. Far East! I'll make every attempt to stay in touch. Effectively at 2200 hours Thursday, That's tomorrow night, Akira (Ron Wallin) Has the Insurgent Con until I return. During that time He speaks for Insurgency. Andergum will be his Adjutant. They should keep each other out of trouble, hopefully. wink.gif"><P>I

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

Rattler,

I too am going out of town this weekend... the fish (and beer) in the Wisconsin Dells are calling me, and I must answer!!! smile.gif

However I will be back on Monday to finish any of this off that you need...

Please forward any files/info to both of my email addresses (just in case) if you need to send anything to me before you leave on Friday.

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

Have fun Rattler! Send me what you have before you leave and Andergum can pick up the slack next week when he gets around to it.

Gummy, I guess you would be the one to update the pzones.doc file (since you're the original creator anyway) next week. Thanks! biggrin.gif

Guest aramike01

Ah, Gum... Good to know that I'm not the only one here who loves the beer and fish of the Dells. biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

On behalf of FC Blades, I have been instructed to find Orion Fleet two new base locations.

So here are our choices, subject to approval:

Replace MZ-13 with MZ-11, I see nobody else has it.

I respectfully request reclassification of MZ-0 (687S 3787W) on Moon2 in the Centris region of Alpha Centuari. The zone is currently classified Empirian/Raider. This would give the Orion Fleet a good defense to the back door of the Sol system.

Please respond to this thread promptly so I can have the changes in Rattler's inbox by 10am tomorrow.

Thank You

------------------

CMDR GREG MILLER (GMAN)

ORION FLEET

EXECUTIVE OFFICER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by GREG MILLER (edited 03-30-2000).]

Greg,

Which zone do you want on Moon-02 , Centris?

Your posting above says MZ-0? Just change it on your doc and mark it "Assignment Pending" per the SC's instructions above. Fire it off when corrected. If you do not have access to the doc to make changes let me know all the details and I'll change them from this end.

Rattler

quote:

It's yours Will.

I'll find somwhere else for that base.

Blades: Thanks, buddy smile.gif I'll be sure that there's always a warm bunk for ya if you want to stop by smile.gif

Rattler, hope you have fun, wherever your road show takes ya smile.gif The Insurgency is in good hands (whoa, did I just say that...? wink.gif)

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

- Award for Gallantry

"Honor and courage, above all else"

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Black Falcon Homepage

Staff Member at RPGClassics.com

Rattler, the document should now be in your in box.

frown.gif

Rattler, My tacops screen listed our Centris, Moon02 zones as MZ0. Now that I look on the Pzones.pdf doc, it is listed as MZ52. I would much appreciate it if you could make that change for us. Thanks

------------------

CMDR GREG MILLER (GMAN)

ORION FLEET

EXECUTIVE OFFICER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Many thanks to Greg for his help in resolving one of my many current nightmares. Take heed gents, this man is the best Executive Officer in the Fleet. smile.gif

Anyone thinking of poaching him will have to prize his mojo from my cold, dead hands. I own him. wink.gif

Rattler, SC, thanks for the patience.

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen and country'