Fleet Database Prototype Online

OK, everything seems OK now. Justin is putting in the following final touches

1. Ability to move people across alliances, fleets, wings etc, without having to delete their profile and have them re-register.

2. Numeric field for entering the number of medals

3. Clean up the mission zone list. I accidentally put in duplicates when I sent him the list

4. Adding an Asset Images link on the front page (after the galaxy maps option) which links to several files I'm working on right now. These will contain the asset listing as well as the allowable assets depending on career. eg, traders or military supply personnel, should not be allocated any ship type other than transports or shuttles, by fleet leaders.

Justin has finished the FD and I've signed off on it.

The following are new and final:

1. level 4 (admin) can see clear text passwords. In other cases, it will be replaced by asterisks

2. level 4 can move any commander to any other fleet via the person's profile

3. level 3 can move commanders to other fleets within his alliance via the person's profile

4. you can now specify a quantity for each medal awarded

5. the assets are now linked from the main page

6. the commander listings now have a total count

7. the rank fields are now reflected in the names, even for custom ranks

8. fixed a bug where if you accessed all new recruits (admin only) from the main page and return to the recruits page from the link, any other recruits are not displayed unless you go back to the main page and restart.

I have also backed up the database, in lieu of any future ****ups and I will be setting up an event script to do that each night.

A word about ranks. GALCOM ranks cannot and should not be changed. The same applies to the medals.

I have custom ranks and medals in the FD, in lieu of future expansion and for use by non-GALCOM fleets such as the Insurgents.

As SC of GALCOM, I have to give my approval before any ranks or medals are awarded, within the alliance fleets. Rattler can do what the heck his likes for his Insurgent alliance, because I know he won't abuse it.

And before any ranks and medals, not in the current fleet structure files provided to me, are changed, I must be notified and must approve of said changes.

Undesignated fleets do not have ranks, nor medals - and I don't want to see any in there. The default commander rank, remains as it - at least until further notice.

Assets, launch bases, careers, mission zones etc, are assigned at the discretion of alliance and fleet leaders. Again, I will be doing spot checks from time to time and if I find any ludicrous imbalance in fleets, I'm going reset all values to the defaults, demote every violator, and they'd have to redo them from scratch.

That is all

SC,

I have worked on some ISS Fleet Medals that I would like to send you for your approval. These medals are only for ISS Fleet use and would not substitute any of the official GALCOM medals. Let me know if you would like to see them.

Also, some of the people have been awarded GALCOM medals from rpg missions. DeSylva had put some people in for medals and I believed he had sought your approval and obtained it for those awards. Can we modify the database for those people under our commands, or do the medal areas in the database become available to award medals when BCM comes out.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS02

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

Shogun of the Dragon Council ÔÇô Order of the Jade Dragon

-CommanderÔÇÖs Shield

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page

ISS is a GALCOM fleet, as such, falls under the ranking and medal structure for GALCOM.

No ranks from RPG are allowed on the FD or anywhere else. RPG sessions bear no relevance and are purely based on fiction. The only valid rank and medals are those awared during mp sessions on the 3000AD mp servers.

SC-I go away for a little vacation and you set up the Prime Fleet without me. I reg. now but I feel that the BC World is slipping out from under me. Can you check to see that I get set up right, Boss.

See what happens when you stop the world for two weeks and get off.

I feel soooo lonsome frown.gif">...<P>------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security; G3 Tactics (Acting)

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

• 1 year later...

Justin has fixed the mass email bug.

Also, the DB is being revised so that new alliances can be created (like fleets, wings etc). This will make it easier to create corporations (alliances) of varying race and caste denominations.

Admins, please don't go messing with the fleet DB yet until it finished and I give the word.

In fact, I've deleted the entire undesignated alliance and have started creating the new trees. I'm waiting for Justin to finish with the other modifications so that I can finish the new alliances.

You can still login and take a look, but don't change ANYTHING!!!

A question...

Can we have the option to filter out the Fleet view so that players tagged as "Inactive" are greyed out or something? Or just not visible on the main fleet screen?

I have a one monbth policy in the ISS - all members have to contact us via a log file every month. If they don't, they are inactive for a month, and at the end of that month, if they haven't responded, they are removed. Greyed out inactive members would make it easier to see at a glance how many active members we have.

-GD

Are wing leaders still going to be able to adjust missions for wing members?

Example:

I want Cmdr Desolator to go on Recon, will i still be able to do that or will i have to contact fleet admin and get it changed that way?

its probably so i can do it, but i wanted to make sure.....