Fleet Registration Open

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aramike01

No. Wing Commander is a video game by Chris Roberts. Wing Leader is a position authorized by the SC in the BC universe.

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Fleet Commander

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Why is it that some of you end up confusing the most simplest of things?

1. GALCOM ranks are fixed

2. EARTHCOM ranks are fixed

3. INSURGENT ranks are fixed, as per Rattler's proposal, which I signed off on

4. UNDESIGNATED ranks are not fixed, but for the sake of simplicity, the only rank that should be used, would be COMMANDER. Duty designations can be anything.

5. Wing Leader is not a rank. It is a duty designation. eg Commander Biggs (Wing Leader - Alpha Wing)

6. Wing Commander is not a rank. And frankly, I don't want to see it used anywhere. The FD is correct and accurate. As such, it should be Wing Leader.

Despite several attempts in the past to end this confusion, especially as it pertains to sigs, some just choose to do what the hell they like.

So, once again, I am forced to step in. This is what I'm going to do.

Next week, I'm going to go thru the FD and if I find any bogus ranks in there, not fitting my specs, I will delete the record and that person will not be allowed back in that database or on the 3000AD servers.

To those of you who choose to use sigs, even though you don't have to, if I find, anyone using the improper format in their sigs, even if its off by a character, you will also face similar action.

If this isn't clear, I suggest that some of you go find an interpreter pretty darn quick.

A classic example of an improper sig, is Ristar's. Dunno where he got that medal from, even though I explicitly indicated that no medals or ranks should be awarded to any person, without my prior approval and only based on experience and rank, gained from our multiplayer servers.

And that Shogun of the Dragon Council...blah, blah, wtf?

That is all

Here is the sig format:

quote:

Rank - Cmdr Name

Ship Name (if any), Primary Launch Base location (if any)

Duty designation (if any) - Fleet/Div

Medal Abbrev (if any)

Webpage URL (if any)

e.g.

Supreme Commander Derek Smart

GCV Warmonger, GALCOMHQ (EARTH)

Fleet Leader - Prime Fleet

OOU 1, SOM 1, EOA 1, CMS 6, PS 4, OTW 2, CS 5, AFG 5

http://www.3000ad.com

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 09-01-2000).]

Derek,

Just changed my sig accordingly. Are we allowed to keep our quotes?

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star, GALCOM HQ (Earth)

Fleet Leader, Prime Fleet

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

I'm trying mine out here as well SC. If it's not right, give me a shout and I'll fix it. I'll go through the Insurgent DB this weekend and make sure our guys have the proper data to work from.

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromander, Spectre (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Hello all back in town and I had a lovely time.

I've just fisnihsed reading all the post here and wanted to clear something up about SCID. SCID is not a fleet and SCID is a BATTLEGROUP within the EarthCom fleet. There was this big thread about SCID way back and hear are a couple quotes from SC about the subject it.

quote:

SCID is not a fleet.

CIOPS is not a fleet.

quote:

SCID stays in EarthCOM. Thats the end of that story. I will be removing the fleet page in a few mins as it is no longer a fleet.

quote:

There should only be a single Fleet Commander per fleet. I have not had time to

even look at the fleet structures yet and was leaving that up to Rattler - to flag any inconsistencies. So, if there are more than 1, someone's getting fired.

And there should NOT be any fleets within fleets - EVER. Wings are not necessarily used for fighters. So, either use wings or collapse CIOPS. That goes for both you and that other lady running EarthCom/SCID.

If you don't like Wings, then use Battle Group - but whatever you do, I only want a

single Fleet Leader per fleet. You could then replace your CIOPS Fleet Commander with a Commander - CIOPS Battle Group or Commander - SCID Battle Group.

That rank is just a commander, who is in charge of other commanders and personnel in that battle group - so don't go screwing around with the established ranking system.

And any member of any fleet, can be temporarily assigned to CIOPS or SCID based

on requests or command re-assignment as is appropriate, and then back to their primary fleet once the assignment is over. Get creative gentlemen.

If you want to read through the whole thread be my guess. http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000050.html

I don't know about any of the business about 5, 6 or 7 fleets but I do know that SCID is not a fleet but a battle group WITHIN EarthCom.

------------------

EarthCOM-Officer Karl Wolf

ECV Hammer of God

Epsilon Battle Group (Black Guard)

15th EarthCom Planetary Force

"When it comes down to it, Earth is first and everyone else can go to Hell."

[This message has been edited by Karl Wolf (edited 09-05-2000).]

Derek, is this Sig ok?

In the "duty assignment" spot, can we put "Tactical Support Wing Commander", or "Defence Wing Commander"?

Also, can we put our names in boldface?

Thanks in advance.

- Oops, I mean "Tactical Support Wing Leader" smile.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

ISS Fleet Home

[This message has been edited by William Ramsay (edited 09-12-2000).]

OK SC, here goes my sig. Since I am wearing two hats at the moment I set it up this way >------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught, GALCOMHQ (Earth)

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security; G3 Tactics (Acting)

"Retreat? Hell!"

Like this, SC:

BTW, is "Vice Fleet Commander" an authorized position (not rank, it was never a rank) anymore?

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

Tactical Support Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

ISS Fleet Home

[This message has been edited by William Ramsay (edited 09-14-2000).]

I think I've found a bug in the database:

I'm a Wing Leader in the ISS, but it seems that I can edit the assignments for ANY wing! I promise I won't change anyone elses assignments biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

ISS Fleet Home

There's a quick answer to that one! I can adjust your profile to Normal User and stop you from editing any profiles! Personally, I'm against anyone but Fleet, Aliance And Admins from having access to anything that allows editing of profiles. That's just my personal opinion though. We're working hard at keeping sanity as the rule of the day in this new Data Base. Too many cooks in a kitchen will surely spoil the dish, IF it doesn't burn the whole place down. By the Way William, "Welcome Back!" Now I have a question though. If you can edit other's wings, can you edit other's data in that wing, and are all fields visible to you in the profiles?

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

You mean edit the profile of a commander IN that wing? No, I can't. I can't even edit the profile of a commander in MY wing smile.gif

All I can do is edit the assignments (patrol, intel, support, etc.).

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

ISS Fleet Home

I changed your security clearance to level 1 for Wing Commander. I'll check it again to be sure.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS HQ (Saturn)

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page

You did mean "Wing Leader", right Richard? Let's clear that up asap and never use those two words again in close proximity, like sequentially. I must have misunderstood what Alun was saying. I thought he was capable of modifying any profile of anyone who was below his level of clearance. I was only asking because that, if he could modify those attrubutes, then he might could also see all attributes in a profile. Some should be reserved for Admins. Things like Passwords, etc should not be visable below admin level I think. Again, only my personal opinion. SC might have different ideas and I certainly shall follow his lead. wink.gif

Have just checked with another Level 1 clearance. All is still preserved. My appologies for being overly cautious. SC knows why I'm this way though. Makes for longivity in a security based world. wink.gif

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 09-15-2000).]

You're right Rattler, I stand correct I meant "Wing Leader."

I checked and he has Wing Leader level security clearance.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS HQ (Saturn)

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page

Rattler is right. And you ladies had better not screw up that database or someone's getting court-martialed. smile.gif

hey, btw, on official servers, we'll be able to have court-martial hearings because when people dock at a station, they exist in that station and in real-time, while the game is going on outside. This means, hehe, if Parias (the most likely suspect) is up on charges, anyone docked at the station will be able to chat, in real-time, because it acts as the lobby area. My oh my, this is gonna be killer.