Fleet Registration Open

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kirk Stroiker

Ok! FDB Profile registered, signature updated accordingly and all posts (of mine) containing a different signature edited.

I do not chat - never have, never will! If you want me to come to the meetings on a weekly basis, set up an e-mail list for each fleet.

As my schedule is now (the worst you should expect it to get), I'm only able to check the forum on a week-daily basis while doing other web tasks simultaneously. But, with recent improvements, I may be able to post weekly on a regular basis; although, depending on the situation, I could post multiple times daily, or only once, monthly.

Compare that with T C's situation and you'll have the idea. Now you other Prime fleet members know why I didn't want responsibility.

------------------

Cmdr. Kirk Stroiker

GCV Flightstar, Genesis, Moon/Sol/TQ

1st Squad, Gamma Wing - Prime Fleet

[This message has been edited by Kirk Stroiker (edited 09-21-2000).]

Kirk (Stroiker , as I noticed there is another "Kirk" registered in the FDB),

You don't have to worry about not being able to make enough time free for the fleet. Nobody will blame you. I mean, I detect a bit of hostility in your words. Nobody is demanding of you to do whatever job is in question. If you can't, you simply cant. This game is to be for fun. Not to burst your workload and/or your schedule. Besides, multiplayer hasn't started yet. So, what's the worry?

------------------

Cmdr. Rico Jansen

GCV de Ruyter, Genesis (Moon)

16 Squadron Leader - Prime Fleet, Gamma Wing, 1st Squadron

[This message has been edited by Rico Jansen (edited 09-22-2000).]

Guest Kirk Stroiker

I guess I did sound defensive, Rico. Probably was, sorry. But Derek said:

quote:

Only serious BCM gamers, need register for a fleet. And leaders are required to hold weekly meetings (we have two IRC chat servers) in order to determine the status of members, discuss plans, structures etc. If someone doesn't show up for a meeting, change their status to inactive, until you hear from them. And if they miss more than 3 meetings in a row, delete their record and remove them from the fleet - never to return.

There are just some factors which rule out IRC and other chat for me. But this is still fun for me and I don't want to be cut out.

So I guess what I'm really asking is for some flexibility in the rules so that guys like me, who have some limitation on their participation, can still contribute as we are able.

Thanks for your support, Rico. I really appreciate it.

Guest aramike01

IMO, I don't see a problem with having someone less available retain his fleet spot - so long as they contribute something. I do have a problem with someone holding any position of authority if they can't be around at least most of the time. Can't rally the troops around an AWOL leader.

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

Guest Kirk Stroiker

quote:

IMO, I don't see a problem with having someone less available retain his fleet spot - so long as they contribute something.

Thanks, aramike01, and I try to contribute as much as possible.

quote:

I do have a problem with someone holding any position of authority if they can't be around at least most of the time. Can't rally the troops around an AWOL leader.

That's the reason I respectfully declined my position as Gamma Wing's staff chief in the Gamma Wing News thread (starting with the 17th post on page 1) and recommended Cmdr. Mark Sharmen as my replacement.

[This message has been edited by Kirk Stroiker (edited 09-23-2000).]