Fleet Commanders Recall Notice

Gentlemen,

I can't help but notice that there are some of us that aren't as active as we have been in the past. We have our troops in chaos, wondering where their administrative leadership is, and why we aren't showing more interest in the Data Base Entries. Well, I also have that question. Fleet Commanders, Please respond to this thread and show your people that you are still out there. While we are on the subject of the Data Base, I've noticed that some are attempting to register utilizing "Vanity Email Addresses." We all know that these are not allowed. We must use email addresses that are provided by legitimate ISP's. Addresses such as Hotmail, Bigfoot,Yahoo, etc are not allowed. We should all know this by now but some just refuse to recognize the inevitable fact that someone really is out here screening these applications and will most assuredly reject your application if they find one of these Vanity Email Addresses. Bottom line, step up and use a REAL email address or you just won't get in. Period! OK, I've ranted enough.

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Bad? You ain't seen BAD, But WE'RE Coming!

Been checking that database every day at 1-2pm ever since its been up smile.gif

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Fleet Cmdr. Gudihl reporting in! smile.gif

Yep, I noticed this ("Vanity Email Addresses"), too. Hmm. Let's see what we do about it. I guess every Fleet leader has to take responsibility for "his" fleet...

Regards.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

Dragon - Order of Jade Dragon

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Well, level 4 personnel with admin access, can authorize any recruit, regardless of what fleet. So, its simple, if you logon as admin and check the recruits listing from the main page, then go to authorize someone and find them either:

1. Using a vanity email address

2. A moronic asset (ship) name. I had someone register Unknown, as a ship name. I just deleted it.

3. A moronic commander name. (WarSongDeathMark thought he was being cute by putting in an entire silly sentence as a commander name. One click and the record was history.

...just delete it. And if you feel like it, provide a reason in the field and ask them to re-register. Do NOT register anyone, manually, or register them with incorrect info, hoping to go back in and correct their info.

And as for those not registering. Don't worry, we know who won't be getting anywhere near my Beta release. Even though it is an open public Beta, only about 500 people will be picked and if they are not already registered in fleets, (yes, I'm going to look up each and every one of them in the FD), their Beta app will be rejected. So, I won't worry about it if I were you.

As always, I am here. My chaps are comin in a bit at a time, and all but those with working (And up to date) emails have been notified by either myself or Greg.

Just for the record, can someone remind me exactly which mail servers are off limits for registration purposes, so I can go n crack a few heads? Im aware of hotmail, but Im sure there are a couple more that were addressed before.

Guest aramike01

Blades -

That's a problem I've dealt with repeatedly, and the solution's simple: If they ain't from the big ones (aol.com, earthlink.com, home.com, etc.) just type the domain url into your browser and see what you find. A vanity email is generally one that advertises itself as "check your mail from anywhere!" blah, blah.

Anway, here's a small list to get you started:

yahoo.com

hotmail.com

mail.com

usa.com

usa.net

deja.com

freemail.com

post.com

newmail.com

newmail.net

Also, mail.com offers a whole load of email addresses to choose from, listing generally every interest and career you can think of. So, if you see something like dentist.com or lawyer.com, you know that you've got a vanity on your hands.

-Mike

Here and ready... er almost ready...

Athlon 900 in transit... Voodoo5 installed and under going testing...

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

Gentlemen, I draw your attention to the thread down in our neck of the woods that I just posted. http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000030.html

I just went through the data base again, making sure that my troops were legit. Guess what, some weren't. I've taken things into my own hands in the Insurgency because, ultimately, I am accountable. I strongly suggest that you do the same with your Fleets as well. I know for a fact that one XO in the Galcom Fleets is using a "Vanity Address" and probably more have slipped through the crack. Just a word of caution. He's going to be checking as well! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

I think that people we know can use vanity addresses. Those we don't, eg, new registrants, cannot. For instance, if aramike decides he's going to get a vanity address because he's on the road or something, thats fine because we already know him.

Its the new influx of registrants, especially once the Beta goes live, who we should be worried about.

btw, I've updated the fleet FAQ. Rattler, I need brief info from you about those new fleets so that I can add it on my next update pass tomorrow night.

I am the guilty XO.

I do use that email address strictly for fleet business. For one, I can check it at work, and becomes quite useful in that reguard. I have changed it in the Fleet DBase.

smile.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by GREG MILLER (edited 08-27-2000).]

Roger that Derek, as I now understand it, those who already are registered, sustained members have been "grandfathered" with their vanity email addresses. That sure takes the pressure off of some of us. Thanks!

Greg, I wasn't going to mention your name. I was just pointing out that those of us who are responsible for correcting our subordinates were not guilty of the infractions that we must hold our subordinates accountable for. SC's fixed that paradox though. If it's easier for you to keep that vanity address, by all means keep it. I know how it is being away from home base and not being able to keep track of your regular address. Trust me on that one.

Derek, I'll get the basic info on the new fleets together for you tonight and in the morning. You'll have it before time for you to post tomorrow nignt. Again, Thanks!

To you fellow Fleet Commanders, I started this thread to just prove a point. We, as Fleet Commanders have the power to do great things on and off this board. We just have to work as a team, help each other and somewhere along the way, benefit Derek, The Game, and the Gamers. All we have to do is get together and make it happen. With that, I suggest that we, as Fleet Commanders, gather whenever possible and see what we can do for each other to lighten the load a bit. If only to gripe and complain, that's ok as well! Somewhere along the way we'll find something that will bond us as a group, more than we are now. I'm still going to come looking for you when BCM goes multiplayer, but I'll do it with more understanding and personallity! smile.gif

Thanks Guys, For listening and responding!

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Guest Cmdr Josh Dilvorn

Not sure what to do, I registered in the FD using a bigfoot.com email address, the one that I use because I have a habit of changing ISPs every so often, and I haven't been approved yet.

Is this because:

a) It was rejected due to the email address, or

B) Has something to do with the issue currently being discussed in the ISS forum.

------------------

Commander Josh Dilvorn

GCV Conquest ISS06

Defense Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

ISS Homepage GCV Conquest Home

"Honour is what no man can give you, and no man can take away"

No problem Rattler, I was just taking responsibility for my actions, and didn't want anybody else to get in trouble for my mistake.

Thank You SC for letting me keep my email address in the Fleet DBase, it is a great asset to the Orion Fleet.

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

The e-mail addy I'm currently using in the database won't be any good after this thursday, and I don't have any other non-vanity addresses. So will I be able to use my hotmail account?...and not be deleted?

------------------

Cmdr. Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

Stationed, Starstation Wrath

you might as well stay and fight, because if you run, you will only die tired

ICQ 28215391, GMT-5

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Hidama (edited 08-28-2000).]

I will let the SC and other admins answer that. If it was up to me, i'd let you in as long as you remain active in forums or in the game (when its out). Prolonged absence from either of both, I'd have to remove you from the database. But that's what i'd do, dunno what the SC would say on this. smile.gif

well, I may be able to keep my non-vanity address up there with no problems. haven't got a confirmation on that yet, I'll keep you informed.

------------------

Cmdr. Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

Stationed, Starstation Wrath

you might as well stay and fight, because if you run, you will only die tired

ICQ 28215391, GMT-5

=Wraith Fleet=

I had to put up my old AOL e-mail, frown.gif I haven't used it in a few years and I won't be anytime soon, so don't e-mail me their expecting a response. So...how about that BCM?

------------------

Cmdr. Pyro Penance

Spectre Fleet

ICV- Chrono

"Don't hate me because I'm different than you, hate me because I'm better than you."

SC,

I just got an email about my being relieved of command, I just got back from 2 weeks vacation so I was unaware of the reporting in. I ask for your decision to be reconsidered. Thank You

Ristar

OK, Ristar. I'll reconsider and re-instate you, in lieu of the circumstances. However, Josh will be your second in command, because he was willing to step up and take charge of things, in order to ensure that ISS was not disabanded.

Now that you know, any such lengthy disappearances should be entered in the log and your status updated accordingling. Had I known this, I would not have deleted your profile, I would simply have set the status to INACTIVE.

SC,

Thank you for the reconsideration, and I think Josh will make a great second-in command. I am not sure where Tringad is, I know Ben Zwycky is out for another week or so on vacation or school or something. Thanks again.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS02

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

Shogun of the Dragon Council – Order of the Jade Dragon

-Commander’s Shield

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page