New Maps

Man! You weren't lying there SC, those babies are huge! Mind you I'm sure not complaining. Not one little bit. Only one word to describe them. Shweeeeeeeet! biggrin.gif

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 09-22-2000).]

VERY nice SC!!!

I do have a question though, I'm supposed to launch from destiny, but Nevuela is listed as having no starbases.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 09-22-2000).]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

oops. I forgot to give the artist the specs for the new stations. Doing that now.

There are only 7 that are color coded incorrectly:

Tarean is Orange should be Red

Centris is Oragne should be Red

Nevuela Blue should be Green

Rinaal Blue should be Green

Lyrius Orange should be Red

Antis Blue should be Green

If that helps any.

On a side note, as I looked for the above list, I noticed some odd combinations of castes for stations and bases:

Tarean/Alpha Canis

Station Terran/Insurgent

Base Syrion/Military

Polaris-1/Polaris

Station Mixed/Trader

Base Mixed/Raider

Lyrius/Sirius

Wraith Station Terran/Mil

Base Mixed/Raider

In each case, wouldn't the station and base forces concentrate on the other until either the base or station was destroyed? Especially in the cases at Tarean and at Lyrius.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

S.O.G. Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet

"Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

Wraith S.O.G. Home

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 09-22-2000).]

Juan sent an update with the fixes that Eclipse pointed out, and I have re-uploaded a new set.

Thanks Tyrn, I'll have him look into the color coding issues now. Please go over the map and compare to the BC3K. Apart from the new station and locations, if you see any inconsistencies, do let me know.

I find nothing odd about the locations. For one thing, the Insurgents and Syrions are not hostile to each other. Wraith was built over there for specifically that purpose. Just ask Tac. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 09-23-2000).]

quote:

Thanks Tyrn, I'll have him look into the color coding issues now. Please go over the map and compare to the BC3K. Apart from the new station and locations, if you see any inconsistencies, do let me know.

Will do.

quote:

I find nothing odd about the locations. For one thing, the Insurgents and Syrions are not hostile to each other. Wraith was built over there for specifically that purpose. Just ask Tac.
biggrin.gif

They just struck me as curious pairings.  Building a military station to cover a radier base might carry certain advantages (we won't even mention the Corsairs right now wink.gif)  Anyway, as I said those three just struck me as curious and I thought I should point them out.  As they have the SC stamp of approval, I'm satisfied.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

Wraith S.O.G. Home

I haven't checked, but Juan informs me that he fixed the color coding yesterday, as part of the update I just uploaded. Did you check the new version yet?

As for that Raider base, lets put it this way, Wraith is quite busy, in most of the recent engagements I've seen. I don't expect that to change either, in multiplayer. I sure hope you guys have good commanders.

quote:

I haven't checked, but Juan informs me that he fixed the color coding yesterday, as part of the update I just uploaded. Did you check the new version yet?

Just finished the review (weekends are always my busiest part of the week). ┬á There are still two errors.

Midae is mislabeled. ┬á Assets file shows NEW AMERICA located there with no starbases. ┬á The new map shows Midae as RED indicating both a starstation and a starbase while it should be GREEN indicating a starstation only. All other worlds are correctly coded.

The other error is a typo and a carry over from the BC3K map which has the same typo.  "Rebelan" is spelled "Rebellan" on the maps.  I say that this is a typo due to the region being called "Rebelanz."

quote:

As for that Raider base, lets put it this way, Wraith is quite busy, in most of the recent engagements I've seen. I don't expect that to change either, in multiplayer. I sure hope you guys have good commanders.

cool.gif I like a good challenge!

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

Wraith S.O.G. Home

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 09-23-2000).]

Thanks, I've passed the info on to Juan to fix.

Also, Jason is in the process of building a 3D version of the map. If it works out as I expect, I'll be able to have the 3D version from within Tacops and the 2D version from within Navitron. We'll see how it goes once I get Jason's first pass of SOL.

I hope it works well, would be awsome to be able to have a 3d starchart

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

quote:

Thanks, I've passed the info on to Juan to fix.

Glad to be of service.

quote:

Also, Jason is in the process of building a 3D version of the map. If it works out as I expect, I'll be able to have the 3D version from within Tacops and the 2D version from within Navitron. We'll see how it goes once I get Jason's first pass of SOL.

Star light, star bright, first star I've seen tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight. . . .

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

Wraith S.O.G. Home

ok, I uploaded the new map changes.

Jason also sent me his first 3D representation of SOL and I've approved it for production. but that doesn't mean it will go into the game. Maybe as a later patch with access from Tacops. So don't go getting any bright ideas. Juan's new 2D maps, though, will replace those in Navitron.

I've discovered one more problem but again it goes back to the BC3K map:

Herin and Scorpia are not marked on the map as sharing a jump gate, but from my last visit to the Trenis system, it's clear that there is indeed a Herin/Scorpia jump.  This jump is not detailed in the GBS docs or anywhere else for that matter.

If the jump layout of the BCM universe was recreated from scratch then this may not be the case, but if it was copied then it probably is still there and still not reflected in the current map.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

Wraith S.O.G. Home

That was an invalid link which I have disabled in BCM. If you have the statics.scr file from the GBS, search for JMP-36 and you will see both link end-points.

Here's a novel idea, why don't you go on a TOD and see if you can find anymore of those?

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 09-25-2000).]

quote:

That was an invalid link which I have disabled in BCM. If you have the statics.scr file from the GBS, search for JMP-36 and you will see both link end-points.

Thought as much. Sure makes chasing around Trenis a bit faster, but oh well. smile.gif

quote:

Here's a novel idea, why don't you go on a TOD and see if you can find anymore of those?

biggrin.gif

eek.gif Time to park the BC and take a shuttle ride.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

Wraith S.O.G. Home

heh, I don't see how it makes running around Trenis faster. Herin is only one jump out of Trenis into Lanix-V or Arenis...unless of course you were over at Ronus IV - which isn't even part of that equation. To go to Scorpia from Herin, without this link, you'd probably go through Ronus IV, instead of Antis.

heh, it was easier to break the link (an NPC found that one actually while I was running a pathing script) than to recreate the map. biggrin.gif

quote:

heh, I don't see how it makes running around Trenis faster.

Of course it only made the trip from Herin to Scorpia faster, but it made Herin to Darain much faster if one wished to avoid Antis. All others were still the same.

Looks like the shuttles have just docked with details on anomalous jump gates:

JMP-09: Mercury - Neptune

JMP-18: Pluto - Staturn

JMP-36: Herin - Scorpia

All other systems conform to the map.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

Wraith S.O.G. Home