And if I want to join a fleet...

Hmmm... I plan on joining a fleet soon... especially when BCM will get on the market...

But I have some questions to you fellow leaders: If I join a fleet, do I choose my asset class and what what are my responsabilities? When do we meet? What exactly will I have to do?

And then, why should I choose YOUR fleet rather than another ? (I didn't make up my mind about being a goody or a baddy)

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

UCV-StalkerIV

Fleet-unregistered

"Hmmm... what's that? Nothing anymore."

quote:

..And then, why should I choose YOUR fleet rather than another ? (I didn't make up my mind about being a goody or a baddy)

Another way to spin this would be to ask, Why should any fleet allow YOU to join their ranks?

You've been around long enough now Epsilon-5 to know what each fleet has to offer. Join the fleet that best fits your particulars, that is if they accept you application biggrin.gif

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee, Starbase Cerberus

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/Corsair Wing

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

Corsair Cove

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Leader, Team 1

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 01-31-2001).]

What Gallion said, and to add to it a bit, since when do you join the navy and say your gonna take the Carrier for a spin? No, you will probably be assigned an asset based on availability.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Okay, then if I'm assigned to... let's says, an Solarian class interceptor (whatever) in Wraith fleet (just supposing), what will be my responsabilities (in fiction and in reality). Must I meet in a discussion at certain intervals? Will mutiplayer will be the big thing or RPG will stay the main thing?

Just wanna know what to expect and what people will expect of me.

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

UCV-StalkerIV

Fleet-unregistered

I'm not totally sure how Wraith operates. As an interceptor pilot, I would guess you would be tasked with defending the station/starbase/ship to which the interceptor is assigned. Since we don't have MP for the time being there really isn't anyway to tell which would be stronger. I hope that they will meld together. In reality, we don't know what all MP will allow, so we can only speculate on the responsibilites in RL.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

Well, you can choose your career. If you pick a EF Pilot or Pilot career, you get an intercepter based upon availability. If you choose a commander career, you get a ship based upon availability AND merit.

But remember - make SURE to choose wisely. You can fight for GALCOM's Earth-wrecking dominance, or for FREEDOM in the Insurgency!

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid, Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

Leader, Team 1

Thanks the handy tip aramike. I'll think about you when I will make my choice. Now what I need to do is to get the info on all fleets objectives (although I have a good idea for the insurgency) and see what fleet is most attractive.

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

UCV-StalkerIV

Fleet-unregistered

The lure of the Insurgency is strong Epsilon 5. Most of their members enjoy the romantic ideal of fighting the good fight against an oppressive government, me included. However, I started my time here as a lowly Prime fleet commander (Not sayin that theres anything lowly about Prime) and watched as the other RP fleets began to pup up around me one at a time. When I was voted in to become the Orion Fleet commander, I was shocked and amazed that people around here thought I had the tenure, experience and tenacity to run an entire fleet. Well, not wanting to dissapoint them, I made it my goal to create the very best player fleet in the games universe. Now, I cant say for sure if Orion is the best player fleet, because all the fleets have their own merits, but I can quite happily say that the people that have joined me in Orion are some of the most involved and active commanders in the community.

Being in the Orion Fleet isnt an easy business. We have very stringent rules here, and on occasions fleet members have been expelled for innapropriate behaviour and lack of discipline. Orion is disciplined. All of my people tow the line, do the work myself and Greg Miller hand out to them.

Orion is a working fleet. From time to time you will be asked to do somthing that benefits the fleet as a whole. When these duties are handed out, you're expected to do them. Orion isnt for casual gamers. We're full of role players and take a very active interest in any RP threads running. I've started a good few of them myself in the past, here on the main forum and on two seperate BC forums I host myself. Check 'em out.

Orion is GalComs HEAVY ASSAULT FLEET, and as such we are tasked with the big assed pounding work. We aint subtle and we aint pretty, we use raw, brutal stopping power to achieve our goals. If you want to be part of a fleet that loves nothing more than sticking it to the Insurgents (Bless you bunnies), go ahead and apply. If you're looking for somthing more subtle, try some of the other fleets. All are good and well led by commanders that care about the game and the people who side with them.

Before you decide, investigate all the fleets carefully. Ask questions, approach senior members and newbies alike. Everyone has an opinion about where they are, what they do etc. And dont forget, when applying to join a fleet, be damned sure thats where you want to be, because you cant simply transfer on a whim. All fleet transfers have been suspended for a long time now, and probably wont be lifted until BC:M hits the shelves.

Ok yeah, there was the question about assets. Well, simply put, you get what you're given. You actively participate, you do your duties and you respect the fleets and your fellows ideals and you can go far. Dont expect it overnight tho. Most of the folks in Orion have been hear for years, and have earned their Battle Group and staff position commands. All depends on what career you're after. Speakin of careers, Orion is mostly for Commander sorts. You wanna be a pilot, sure, you can join OFC. You wanna be a ground pounder? Thats what the 22 IMB is all about. First and foremost, Orion Fleet are the tub thumpers.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 02-01-2001).]

Just for clarification on Spectre Fleet - be advised that we are partially tasked with kicking the [RP]ego[/RP] out of FC Savage's (Blades) [RP]little head[/RP].

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid, Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

Leader, Team 1

Each fleet has its own website, where you can find information on them. Read them, read them again, take notes, then make a decision.

You can join as a Commander (command only cap ships), Elite Force Pilot (can fly almost all snubships, Planetary Support Pilot (limited to flying planet-bound snubships), Station Commander, Base Commander (both self-explaining), Elite Force Marine (Space Marines) or the Mobile Infantry (planetside grunts).

How these units are used depends on each fleet.

Any questions you may have on a specific fleet, feel free to e-mail the Fleet Leaders.

BC:M will be a blast! Cheers!

------------------

Fleet Commander Tac

GCV Usagi, Wraith HQ(Lyrius)

Fleet Leader - Wraith Fleet

Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

"When did they put this thing here and WTF is it for?"

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 02-01-2001).]

Well there isn't much more to say that hasn't already been said. Just make sure to do some investigation work on your own. Some of the best sources of fleet info and what they are really about can be found at their various websites, go here to check them out. http://www.3000ad.com/fleets/index.shtml

Just be sure to join a fleet that best suites you because as stated before once you join a fleet you won't be able to transfer to another easily.

------------------

Karl Wolf

Fleet Commander

ECV Hammer of God

15th Planetary Force

"When it comes down to it, Earth is first and everyone else can go to Hell."

Blades, I'm very impressed by your speech and, frankly, I'm the type of commander you might need: pure firepower, that's all I need, but not stupid enough to face 2 aestr├Âm alone in a starcarrier.

I have problems with Orion's website: clicking on most links brings me to the LOADING thing with the console that disappears 5 seconds after.

I have N.4.7, Javascript enabled, cookies on and a DSL connection. I'm also in 800x600, but at school I'm 1024x768 and N.4.6 and still it don't want to work.

So far only the main page and the ITACS main page works.

Could I be helped?

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

UCV-StalkerIV

Fleet-unregistered

Epsilon 5, you'll find the OWS is work in progress. It's been work in progress through more revisions than I care to count, but as we move closer to a retail release date for BCM, you'll find it suddenly fills up with content.

Oh, and dont mind aramike. Orion Fleet and the Insurgency have a *special* relationship that both camps are going to fully enjoy once multiplayer mayhem gets here.

Personally, I wouldnt have it any other way.

Oh, and Mike? Not so much of the little ego, eh? We both know it's massive. wink.gif Seeya in the fire soon buddy.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

quote:

Oh, and dont mind aramike. Orion Fleet and the Insurgency have a *special* relationship that both camps are going to fully enjoy once multiplayer mayhem gets here.

Personally, I wouldnt have it any other way.

Oh, and Mike? Not so much of the little ego, eh? We both know it's massive.

Hehe, haven't had a RP flame war in a while, now have we?

Something to think about... wink.gif

quote:

Hehe, haven't had a RP flame war in a while, now have we?

Something to think about...
wink.gif

Yeah ... whats up with that? Go ahead and take the lead. I got me a couple of hours before I needs some shut eye.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!' cwm41.gif

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 02-01-2001).]

quote:

Yeah ... whats up with that? Go ahead and take the lead. I got me a couple of hours before I needs some shut eye.

Give me a day to think about what I want to get you on this time. Need some new material because you've already asceeded to the fact that you'll fall victim to the first whipping.

To be honest, I'll say what fleets have my interest and those who don't

Interested:

Orion

Wraith

Not:

ISS

Prime

EarthCom

All ground and atmospheric things

The Insurgency

I'm not too interested in the Insurgency, except maybe for their Logistix arm (Balor, if I remember well), 'cause I think one time I will defect to their quite radical ideas.

Another question: I usually speak french, because it's my native language and that I still live in a french-speaking area, but I'm quite good in english (and I'm getting better by the minute, well, maybe not that fast). Does it will annoy you? There's no problem at understanding what others may write, but it's writing that is the problem.

Blades, do I hear Rabble trying to make noise again? wink.gif

Epsilon 5, what ever fleet you join, welcome aboard. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Greg Miller

GCV - Sark, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet XO, Wing Leader, Tsunami Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

No Lemming Miller, that's not Rabble, that's Bunnies! biggrin.gif (and Mr. Bunny to you!)

Sheesh... lemmings... wink.gif

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

Your written english is so good I never wouldve imagined you were not a native speaker. Congrats! smile.gif

The info on the Wraith Fleet can be found under "charter" link on the Wraith site (on my sig below). Tell me if you can see the intro *grin*

------------------

Fleet Commander Tac

GCV Usagi, Wraith HQ(Lyrius)

Fleet Leader - Wraith Fleet

Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

"When did they put this thing here and WTF is it for?"

Well, there's good news. Didn't knew I was that good...

Yes, I can go to the charter section, but can't see the movie, but I've already saw using another computer. Very interesting.

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

UCV-StalkerIV

Searching for its fleet

Hey there Epsilon 5! Agreed, your English is great man!

Yeah, they got some nice stuff over at Wraith I must say, and the Corsair Wing deep in the Gammulan quadrant... very appealing. So why did I pledge allegiance to Orion Fleet then? Well, as FC Savage said, Orion is the "HEAVY ASSAULT FLEET, and as such we are tasked with the big assed pounding work" - nuff said, and that's what appealed to me. Wraith I'm sure won't be idol though, but while I visited the site, I visited a lot of coffee bars as well as a place called "Quark's" I think, and I thought it was all very nice - if Caffeine's your sort a thing!! cwm4.gif

For me well, here's my favourite quote: "Just let me blow this up first, then I'm all ears"...

Naturally, it's your decision and you shouldn't let all this gratuitous recruiting persuade you in any particular direction at all!!

francais.gif

------------------

Commander Badger

GCV - Accentia, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Tsunami Battle Group

http://www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk/

"Here cometh the storm!"

[This message has been edited by Badger (edited 02-03-2001).]