ISS Fleet Recruitment

Commander Rico, as a member of Prime Fleet I'm shocked that you do not understand the actual deployment of GalCOM's forces. The ISS is not deployed in Sol, nor dedicated to it's defence; our fleet maintains forces in all three home systems for GalCOM's member fleets.

I don't need my dad. I fight my battles all on my lonesome...*evil grin*.

-GD

I could be mistaken, but wasn't ISS based in Saturn? And isn't that technically part of the Sol-system? Where Jerold is actually performing out his orders, I don't know. (can't keep up with everyone, can I) Just a wild guess it's close to base. But my main reason for using the word "Sol" was teasing a bit, meaning the abreviation of sol-itary. Sorry it didn't come across. my bad.

I said he was 'supporting'. Maybe it's just me but that can be quite a few things. Logistic, defense, relief efforts, intelligence. All tasks of the In-System Support fleet, not?

I take back my words, Rico. It seems you understand the fleet better than I thought.

Yes, we are absed in Saturn, but we maintain a defensive network throughout Sol, Alpha Centauri, and Omicron Eridani. The reason UI picked you up is, well, habit - everyone seems to think we only defend Sol *grin*.

-GD

I've fixed up all those signs in AW, though I doubt it will really make a difference at the moment... once BCM is at the homes people will start going to www.3000ad.com and in turn see the active worlds download in the downloads section and wonder what the hell its about if they don't already know...

Then they can come and see all my pretty signs!

Galactic Command Air Force Oath of Enlistment

I, Zoomie, swear to sign away 4 years of my useless life to the Air Force because I'm too smart for the Army and because the

Marines frighten me. I swear to sit behind a desk and take credit for the work done by others more dedicated than me who take their job seriously. I also swear not to do any form of real exercise, but promise to defend our bike riding test as a valid form of exercise. I swear to uphold and defend Galcom's Directives, even though I

believe myself to be above that. I promise to walk around calling everyone by their first name because I know I'm not really in the military and I find it amusing to annoy the other services. I will have a better quality of life than all those around me and will at all times be sure to make them aware of that fact. After completion of my

"Basic Training," I will be a lean, mean, donut-eating, lazy-boy

sitting, civilian-wearing-blue-cothes, chairborne Ranger. I will believe I am superior to all others and will make an effort to clean the knife before stabbing the next person in the back with it. I will do no work unless someone is watching me (and it makes me look good), will annoy

those around me, and will go home early every day. I consent to never getting promoted (EVER) and understand that all those whom I made fun of yesterday will probably outrank me tomorrow. So help me God.

Signature

Date

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Galactic Command Army Oath of Enlistment

I, Rambo, swear to sign away 4 years of my mediocre life to the Army because I couldn't score high enough on the ASVAB to get

into the Air Force, because I'm not tough enough for the Marines, and the Navy won't take me because I can't swim and zero-g makes me puke. I will wear camouflage every day and tuck my trousers in my boots because

I can't figure out how to use blousing straps. I promise to wear my uniform 24 hours a day even when I have a date. I will continue to tell myself that I am a

fierce killing machine because my Drill Sergeant told me I am, despite the fact that the only action I will ever see is a court-martial for sexual harassment. I acknowledge the fact that I will make E-8 in my first year of service, and vow to maintain that it is because I scored perfect on my PT test.

After completion of my sexual...er...I mean Boot Camp, I will attend a different Army school once every other month and return knowing less than I did when I left. On my first trip home after Boot Camp, I will walk around like I am cool and propose to my 9th grade sweetheart. I

will make my wife stay home because if I let her out she might leave me for a smarter Air Force guy or a better looking Marine. Should she leave me twelve times, I will continue to take her back. While at

work, I will maintain a look of knowledge while getting absolutely nothing accomplished. I will arrive at work every day at 1000 hrs because of morning PT and leave every day at 1300 to report back to the "company."I understand that I will undergo no training whatsoever that will help

me get a job upon separation, and will end up working in construction with my friends from high school. I will brag to everyone about the Army giving me $30,000 for college, but will be unable to use it

because I can't pass placement exams. So help me God.

Signature

Date

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Galactic Command Navy Oath of Enlistment

I, Maverick, in lieu of going to prison, swear to sign away 4 years of my life to the Galcom Navy because I want to hang out with Marines without actually having to BE one of them, because I thought the Air

Force was too "corporate," and because I thought, "hey, I like to swim...why not?" I promise to wear clothing that went out of style in 2976 and to have my name stenciled on the butt of every pair of pants I own. I understand that I will be mistaken for the Good Humor man during the summer, and for Waffen SS during the winter. I will strive to use a different language than the rest of the English-speaking world. Using worlds like "deck, bulkhead, cover, and head" instead of "floor, wall,hat, and toilet." I will take great pride in the fact that all Navy acronyms, rank and ensignia, and everything else for that matter, are

completely different from the other services and make absolutey no sense whatsoever. I will muster (whatever that is) at 0700 hrs every morning unless I am buddy-buddy with the Chief, in which case I will show up

around 0930 hours. I vow to hone my coffee cup handling skills to the point that I can stand up in a kayak being tossed around in a typhoon, and still not spill a drop. I consent to being promoted and subsequently busted at least twice per fiscal year. I realize that,once selected for Chief, I am required to submit myself to the sick,

and quite possibly illegal, whims of my new-found "colleagues." So help me Neptune.

Signature

Date

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Galactic Command Marine Corps Oath of Enlistment

I, state your name, swear... uuhhhh... high-and-tight... ..semper

fi do or die...cammies... uhh... ugh... Air Force women... OORAH! So help me

Corps.

Thumb Print

Date (Y/N)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EarthCom Oath of Enlistment

I swear to uphold and defend Earthcom's Policies, whatever they may be today because

they sure arent the same ones I read yesterday in the recruitment poster, I will commit myself to blindly follow orders and never question my superiors, as it is better to be exonerated on grounds of upholding the chain of command than to rot in a cell for conspiracy against (blank).

I understand that in case of biting the dust whilst on active service, my body will become the sole property of EarthCom to be used in its (blank) and (blank). I fully agree to the above stated and

solemnly swear to sign the next Oath of Enlisment should it be revised AGAIN to fit Earthcom's future status quo in the political arena.

Signature

Blood Type

Organ Donor? (Y/N)

Sister's Phone Number

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Insurgent Oath of Allegiance

I swear to destroy those who bullied me in high school, I promise to destroy all enemies of the Insurgency, beggining with those in Galcom and Earthcom who bullied me in the Academy from which I was expelled for misbehaviour. I fully understand the Insurgency will provide me with the excuse I need to carry on the above goals,as well as blowing stuff up (which I wasn't allowed in Galcom or Earthcom), even though we live in a universe ran by the military and I myself am now signing on to yet another military organization to fight for freedom. I vow to never regret my decision lest I bring dis... dis...*blink* dishonor *whazzat?* upon myself and my own scu..err..kind.

Signature

LMAO!!! Someone must have laced Tac's Nutripak supply with something. Other than that, he's been sniffing Vacpaks again.

Damn, that's funny. It should be an HTML page Tac!!

quote:

Join now, and get 5% off all hand held weapons at your local Galcom armory!

LMAO!!!!!!! ah gawd that was funny. Know whats even funnier? I can see it happening too.

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 1 month later...

[RP]

ALRIGHT! LISTEN UP YOU MAGGOT PUKES, ONCE AGAIN I'M STARTING THIS THREAD! WE WANT RECRUITS, AND WE WANT THEM NOW! AND IF WE DON'T GET RECRUITS IM GOING TO HAVE TO EQUALIZE THE NUMBERS BETWEEN THE GALCOM FLEETS, THE INSURGENCY, GAMMULANS AND EVERY OTHER ORGANIZATION THAT I FIND!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS??? (Keenan stokes his SCAT1 pistol). IF ISS DOESN'T GET AT LEAST 10 MORE MEMBERS BEFORE I GET GCO IM BUSTING SOME HEADS!

AND IF YOU INSURGENTS, OR GAMMULANS ARE THINKING OF INFILTRATING ISS THINK AGAIN! I'LL BE WATCHING YOU VERY CLOSELY! MWUAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!

DO YOU GET ME?!!? GOOD!

(Keenan shuts down his communications console)

Hmmm... I need a BBQ sauce and pepper sandwich!

[/RP]

Ok, sign up at the new ISS Website TODAY!:

http://issfleet.iwarp.com

Oh and forget about my knocking off people if we don't get those recruits. I'll just fire a couple of R.A.N.D.O.M. at every planet I come across instead.

This is what you get when you put a person who gets high on BBQ sauce command of two wings.

CONFUSED? YOUR NOT ALONE!

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

[rp] I used to be in another fleet (ok not really, but this is rp ), and after fighting for the freedom of the galaxy against the gammulans all I got was a lousy T-shirt! don't let that happen to you! join the ISS, the fleet with great ships, great laughs and great friends. Be part a team, THE team, the ISS. Join now and get an autographed wing logo free! [/rp]

okay i know the autographed logo is gimmicky but at least it's something I can actually give away!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...