Who wants a new member?

I have narrowed my choices down a bit.

First of all, I'm a bit of a casual gamer, so Orion Fleet isn't for me. Sorry guys.

/rp It was nice knowing you Hamblin /rp off

Prime Fleet has more than enough commanders, so they're out.

Earthcom has enough commanders to defend the homeworld, which is all they're capable of now, and their Counter-Insurgency Division, which requires 40 members to function adequately, only has one. They're out.

This leaves me with four options.

1. Apply for an Insurgent fleet. I like the Code of Ethics, but I still have a question about their policy toward alien nations. That question is: What is their policy toward alien nations?

2. Apply for ISS. I like the Fleet Log system.

3. Apply for Wraith Fleet. I like their policy regarding the Falkyries.

4. Don't join a fleet and become an indie Paramedic. It fascinates me.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may not be policy, but Insurgents seem to be friendly toward anything thats not Galcom, Earthcom, Raider, or Gammulan. In fact, Gamms rate higher on the hitlist than Galcom does.

quote:

This may not be policy, but Insurgents seem to be friendly toward anything thats not Galcom, Earthcom, Raider, or Gammulan. In fact, Gamms rate higher on the hitlist than Galcom does.

It turns out that it is policy. The Code of Ethics guidelines state it clearly enough. Upon closer examination, I found the answer I was looking for.

"6. Aid and support will be given to any and all Terran vessels under attack by alien nations with the exceptions of pirate, and criminal signature vessels."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that means that if GALCOM is in the midst of battle with a hostile alien force and requires assistance, the Insurgents will provide it.

Just let me define casual before you knock Orion off that list of yours. Casual commanders are those that register, post a couple of times then dissapear for long periods of time without warning and may or may not report in for role call, do the tasks handed out to them or participate in any meaningful manner on the forum. Commanders that post frequently here and on the Orion forum, engage in debates with fellow fleet members and participate in the descision making process are not casual.

Well then, I'm not so casual after all.

However, considering the nature of Orion Fleet (the big gun fleet), I don't think I belong there. I believe in using a scalpel instead of a hammer.

/rp

As long as I am not disobeying orders, I will always do the following:

When an enemy attack fails, I give them every opportunity to retreat if they're Terran/Military or Terran/Insurgent (depending on my allegiance). If the retreating force is Alien/Military, my actions will be determined by the size of the force. Carriers and heavy cap ships aren't going anywhere, but shuttles, transports, and single fighters are free to go. Raiders and other criminal indies are not going anywhere no matter how small their ships are.

I prefer to capture instead of destroy, by disabling the ship if necessary. If capture is not possible, and I am under orders not to let the ship escape, I will destroy it. If I am under orders to destroy the ship, whether capture is possible or not, I will destroy it.

/rp off

True, Eclipse, but that was RP and not a part of the official history, me thinks

I eagerly await the release of BC:M. Multiplayer may just change all this banter. We may soon see new players jousting for positions within the fleets rather than the fleets scrounging for the crumbs that float by.

Antti also had a Neo Nazi website. That also influenced my decision to ban him.

quote:

The first week will be dedicated "Derek Hunting Season" anyway

....yeah right. You've got to see me on TacScan first, don't you think?

quote:

LOL! You guys...

....just imagine - some idiot actually put these ladies in charge of billion dollar vessels!!

quote:

I eagerly await the release of BC:M. Multiplayer may just change all this banter. We may soon see new players jousting for positions within the fleets rather than the fleets scrounging for the crumbs that float by.

oh, it will be fun. This, I know. Too bad I've run out of time and it won't make it into the first release. But that doesn't mean its going to take long. The code is already in place. I suspect that about a month after the release, the mp patch will be out. So, by mid-July (I estimate), you'll all be living out those RP fantasies.

quote:

Okay, I put 6 boxes of Vagrants that he'll join those nerds at the ISS.

Your bets gents?

I'll take that bet Tac

Excellent Choice Cmdr Menchise

TTFN

P.S. You can drop off the Vagrants at Spectre HQ Tac

So, you joined the Insurgents, hmm, well, come on down Mars way, would love to see you red in my crosshairs, and beat on that pretty new ship of yours!!!

Mine had a few dents and dings, but engineer fixed it all up and the upgrades are in, WANNA DANCE?!!

lol

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Yep, I am now a member of Spectre Fleet!

rp

Another target!! (writes name down in book of known insurgents) See ya out there!

/rp

[ 05-28-2001: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

Think of it this way - The more there are of them, the less likely they will turn tail and run from any GalCom fleet. This means more bigger servings of bunny stew. Personally, Menchise is exactly where I want him. Now, if only we could get Aramike to transfer to Destiny ...

quote:

Originally posted by Blades:

Think of it this way - The more there are of them, the less likely they will turn tail and run from
any
GalCom fleet. This means more bigger servings of bunny stew. Personally, Menchise is exactly where I want him. Now, if only we could get Aramike to transfer to Destiny ...

Nah, I plan on transferring to Orion Starstation. Keep that chair of yours warm for me.

Guest hindot

Alright, I'll get straight to the point. I'm a newbie but I wanna join a fleet. I was leaning towards the following 3:

ISS- 'cuz of the low commitment requirement

Orion- My favorite genre since I bought my first pc was space combat and Orion is a no nonsense combat fleet.

Wraith- Something about spec ops intrigues me.

I checked out Wraith and ISS websites minus Orion 'cuz its currently unavailable. When multiplayer comes out, how often do I have

to participate? Is it a weekly basis, everyday, or what? Will multiplayer meetings be scheduled on the forums? Thanks.

Think Orion. Think hunter. Aint subtle, aint pretty but gets the job done.

Now wheres my damned recruitment officer? Im a fleet commander, not the welcome wagon.