Who wants a new member?

Hey Hindot and welcome.

You have to be an active member to be in Orion Fleet. So we need to at least hear from you every week. When mp comes out you will need to participate more.

Yes we will have Fleet meetings but not on the forums. We hold our meetings in Mirc.

To get Mirc go to

Mirc

If you have anymore questions just post them and I will get them answered as soon as possible.

[ 05-31-2001: Message edited by: Lockjaw ]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by hindot:

I checked out Wraith and ISS websites minus Orion 'cuz its currently unavailable. When multiplayer comes out, how often do I have to participate? Is it a weekly basis, everyday, or what? Will multiplayer meetings be scheduled on the forums? Thanks.

Wraith is restructuring (see this thread) specifically with MP in mind. We take into account that there are those who have no other life than gaming and that there are those who can only drop by once in a while and a whole gamut of people in between.

quote:

Now wheres my damned recruitment officer? Im a fleet commander, not the welcome wagon.

/rp on

Here in lies the problem with Galcom, If one person is unavailabe, everyone starts getting irked. Just imagine a combat situation:

Sir, why are we sitting here, the Insurgent vessel has nearly broken through the shields.

I'M A FLEET COMMANDER NOT A WEAPONS OFFICER. NOW WERE IS THAT BLASTED IDIOT!

But, Sir, shouldn't you do something about that Insurgent?

Not without that weapons officer we can't. Just see if you can do something until the other officers arive.

Aye, sir.

30 seconds later, the Galcom vessel breaks up under the withering fire of an Insrugent Cruiser. The last thught that passes through the Fleet Commander's mind before he slips into oblivion is "WHERE IS THAT IDIOT!"

/rp off

Well, just say what type of gamer you are, and we'll tell you what's best... of course you have the last word on it.

ISS: casual gamers, often non-combat stuff

Orion: heavy assault fleet, relatively high commitment

Prime: Standard medium fleet, do about all and has nothing special.

Wraith: special operation, lot of different activities

[rp]Insurgency: BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD , but that opinion can be contested... [/rp]

Guess who's going to contest it (among other things)?

ISS is not a non-combat fleet. It's the first line of defense in Galcom star systems when Prime Fleet is pre-occupied. When they're not busy defending entire systems from attack, they provide tactical support to the other Galcom fleets.

Prime Fleet is the biggest of them all. Basically, it's Galcom's main combat fleet. Not as specialized as Orion, but it still handles the majority of combat missions.

Wraith Fleet has a charter that describes its objectives. You have probably seen it already.

The Insurgency is not bad, bad, bad.

Take a look at the Insurgent Code of Ethics (at the Spectre HQ website in the 'Join Spectre' page). If you agree with it, then the Insurgency is for you. If you don't, then Galcom is for you, or maybe one of the independant castes, or even one of the Alien Military castes. There are many possibilities.

[/rp]

quote:

Don't listen to him... that's only propanganda. Anyway he's on our hitlist.

Propanganda? Wow! I had no idea that the Code of Ethics was a can of gasoline and a male goose.

Before you accuse me of spreading propaganda, I suggest you learn how to spell the word correctly.

By the way, Destiny is spelled with a 'y'.

[/rp]

Hindot, in case you haven't been informed yet, the 'rp' brackets that encapsulate some posts refer to Role Playing.

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: Menchise ]

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

*starts a pool*

Okay, I put 6 boxes of Vagrants that he'll join those nerds at the ISS.

Your bets gents?

*ahem*. Nerds?

Remind me to stifle your supply of minesweepers, resupplty craft, medical evac ships, and other general support next time you're taking losses...*grin*.

We don't JUST do intel. After the disgraceful performance of GalCOM and EarthCOM after the First Gammulan Conflict, we decided we might actually have some contingency plans in place...as I said - first line defence.

quote:

After the disgraceful performance of GalCOM and EarthCOM after the First Gammulan Conflict, we decided we might actually have some contingency plans in place...as I said -first line defence.

When did this happen? Was it in one of the roleplaying threads? I think we all need to leave whatever happens in that roleplaying thread in the roleplaying thread.

Unless an event is part of the official background of the universe it should not be displayed or have any references to it in any of the other threads on the board.

Just don't want to confuse newbies and some vets with "player ran roleplaying" events and the offical game history/storyline.

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: Karl Wolf ]

quote:

Originally posted by Karl Wolf:

When did this happen? Was it in one of the roleplaying threads? I think we all need to leave whatever happens in that roleplaying thread
in
the roleplaying thread.

Unless an event is part of the official background of the universe it should not be displayed or have any references to it in any of the other threads on the board.

Just don't want to confuse newbies and some vets with "player ran roleplaying" events and the offical game history/storyline.

However, as the fleets are a) player run and B) mostly focused around the RP timeline, it's impossile to ignore those events. Especially one that ahs become semi-official like the First Gammulan Conflict. Besides, what I said was completely accurate - after that RP thread, we realised that we (the players) had no coherent defence strategy. That's what the ISS set out to rectify. Hence, we are not a "non-combat" fleet as some have suggested.

Guest hindot

Alright, made my decision. I wanna join Wraith fleet as one of the wraithers. The spec ops deal has sold me. Awaiting instructions.

desylva: you will soon know what I mean

hindot, register yourself in the Fleet Database as a Wraith, then report to the Wraith forum for assignment.

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: Tac ]

DeSylva, as I recall, SC once stated that what happens in the role-playing forum will not be reflected or have any affect what goes on with the BC universe. And he further stated that he had hired someone to write the official history/storyline behind BC.

quote:

However, as the fleets are a) player run and
B)
mostly focused around the RP timeline, it's impossile to ignore those events. Especially one that ahs become semi-official like the First Gammulan Conflict.

It is totally possible to ignore what goes on in the rping thread (no disrespect) because it's not official history or events.

Now if SC was to say that the BC universe will start to reflect what goes on in the rping thread, then I would agree with you. But as it stands he hasn't nor do I think he will.

I believe the only way the players will have any real effect on the history of BC is through multi-player games and GCO.

So like I said before what goes on in the rping thread should stay in the rping thread. I would hate to look up one day and find out that EarthCOM has been relegated to checking intergalactic parking meters.

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: Karl Wolf ]

Guest Commander Hamblin

quote:

I would hate to look up one day and find out that EarthCOM has been relegated to checking intergalactic parking meters.

Gives a new meaning to the phrase "Take her into parking orbit".

quote:

DeSylva, as I recall, SC once stated that what happens in the role-playing forum will not be reflected or have any affect what goes on with the BC universe. And he further stated that he had hired someone to write the official history/storyline behind BC.

I agree completely. I suspect we are moving at cross purposes. The point I make is that the fleets (with the exception of EarthCOM and the Insurgency, whose existence is documented in the manual and supported in the game) ARE role-playing. There is no TER/ISS designation in the game, nor is there a TER/WRA or anything else of the sort.

As a result, it is impossible to consider the player created fleets - such as ISS, Orion, Wraith, and the new Insurgent fleets - WITHOUT considering the RPm universe, because this is what created them. EarthCOM is, of course, a special case because it was an integral part of the game universe before we players even opened the box.

It is totally possible to ignore what goes on in the rping thread (no disrespect) because it's not official history or events.

The only concession to the player created fleets the SC has given has been the creation of Fleet HQs in the game for ISS and Wraith. In BC:M he has also rectified EarthCOM's disadvantage by prociding them with a station too, I see.

quote:

I would hate to look up one day and find out that EarthCOM has been relegated to checking intergalactic parking meters.

And I, of course, would not let that happen - even in RP...*grin*.

-GD

• 3 weeks later...

You do understand Commanders that Prime Fleet has the G2 branch that does the special-ops and secutity for GALCOM. The other fleets have their Intel, but they are still under the direction of GALCOM/PRIME FLEET. Chain of command, even in RP is very important to maintain.

Karl,being a Commander as lond as you have, you know that the RPs helped creat the fleets. It was the stories that brought BC3000ad to life. It became a living thing not just a game. If you want to be a fleet member, any fleet, then you will have to understand that they exist because of RP. If you do not keep up with the RP's that are working then there isn't any point being a member of anything. I know that MP will be around soon but what better way to get to know your fellow players then to join in a little RP. There are always RP's running and it wouldn't be a bad idea to check them out. You do not have to join the RPs as you know, but they are what keeps the Fleet concept alive...

'MAX'

p.s DeSylva, nice to have you back in full glory...

[ 06-19-2001: Message edited by: Maxamillian ]

"The other fleets have their Intel, but they are still under the direction of GALCOM/PRIME FLEET"

say what? Galcom High Command (aka SC) yes, Prime fleet? Dream on boy!. We WORK with Prime Fleet, not under it.

quote:

Karl,being a Commander as lond as you have, you know that the RPs helped creat the fleets. It was the stories that brought BC3000ad to life. It became a living thing not just a game. If you want to be a fleet member, any fleet, then you will have to understand that they exist because of RP. If you do not keep up with the RP's that are working then there isn't any point being a member of anything. I know that MP will be around soon but what better way to get to know your fellow players then to join in a little RP. There are always RP's running and it wouldn't be a bad idea to check them out. You do not have to join the RPs as you know, but they are what keeps the Fleet concept alive...

Max, you are TOTALLY missing the point of my opinions on this subject and if you wish to read more about this subject,in more detail, go here.

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Karl Wolf ]

I seriously agree with both Tac and Blades.

The only way Prime Fleet is higher in command than the others is that SC belongs to it. It really shouldn't, because it's like the president of the United States having the control over all the military. He has the control, but it is equal over all sections of the military.

---

Here's the best explanation. Fleets are equal. SC, is the commander-in-chief of the military. He controls all fleets, but belongs to Prime Fleet, because it is based at GalCom HQ, which is the location of his office or whatever he uses.

---

Although I'm not affiliated with either GalCom or the Insurgency, I have read up on older RP's and read most of the history of the BC universe.

The Fleets FAQ contains info that may be helpful.

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

• 1 month later...
Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Have computer, will play.

I want to be one of the good guys. Who should I join? If you'll have me that is.

[My resume.]

-One of the origional 4 Members of Clan Erinyes of Team Fortress fame. Also play Unreal Tournament, Half-Life, NOLF, tribes/tribes2 and Quake.

-Member of Armageddon covenant Tribe in TRibes and Tribes 2

-Member of Tenth Romulan Legion in Star Fleet Battles EAW Dynaverse 2.

-Member of GFL-Mirak League Star Fleet Battles EAW Dynaverse 2

-Beat 3 wing commander games.

-beat Mechwarrior 2 and 3

-Huge Role Playing Gamer. Battletech, Marvel, Star Wars.

[biggest strengh????]

I can open a very large can of FPS Whoup-ass.

any offers?

I Insurgents are the good guys, the gamms are the bad guys and Galcom can't make up its mind.

Other than that I don't think you quite understand how things work around here. your "resume" means SQUAT, zilch, zero, nothin'. As far as we are concerned, you are just another newbie that doesn't know the basics. Dorthy, you ain't in Kansas no more.

First - Welcome to Our Nightmare Hellbinder ...

Second - if all those things in your resume meant anything to me I would be impressed.

To bad I'm not

Do your research, pick a side, and submit your fleet application. Either way you will be a target

Choose wisely

TTFN

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

sure, like any game.

It only shows that I am a team player, and have experience in several different types of team games.

[permission to speak freely sir]

BCM adds a few new deimentions to the old game. One being FPS. newbie or not I will own you and most of the players on this board once we hit the ground.

Multiplayer is a commin boys. then well find out who are the newbies and who can bring the smack......."SIR".

[steps back and salutes]

That is as soon as I figure these confounded controls out.

quote:

...One being FPS. newbie or not I will own you and most of the players on this board once we hit the ground....

hehehehe...ok...then ye may want to consider joining with the lemmings, they needs all the help they can get

Seriously though, do your research, pick a side, and submit ye app at the fleet db page.

TTFN