Guest jhnphm

Guest jhnphm

Please don't ban me, but I "accidently" registered into the fleet DB as a member of Orion fleet, without reading the FAQ throughly, assuming role playing meant playing text based MUDs. Was I supposed to ask to join Orion fleet here, THEN register in the fleet DB, as the FAQ implies? Also, is joining a fleet only limited to users of BCM, as the FAQ also implies at the bottom, or can users of BC3k join too? What is roleplaying. Is it like playing text based adventure games, but over the forum. Can anyone please explain things more straightforward?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting choice LOL Orion fleet is a good fleet (not as good as Wraith though). Joining a fleet is not restricted to users of BCM (as it has not been released yet that would make fleets a bit on the small side). The fleet forums are mostly rolplaying forums for discussion with other members of your fleet(and planning ops when multiplayer comes along :-) ), you have no need to request permission to join a fleet here before registering in the database but it's usually courteous to introduce your self to your fleet upon joining. I'm leaving the what is roleplaying question to someone else I can never explain it well enough but take a read of some of the threads in the roleplaying forum and it will give you a good idea.

Hope this clears somethings up anything I've missed feel free to get me to clear it up.

Welcome to the world that is BC/BCM

Greetings Borg12.

First off, I cant say I've noticed your application to Orion in the Fleet Database, so Im assuming you have either registered in another fleet, or a kindly Administrator (That'll probably be Aramike) has already cleared up that mess. Either way, a few things to consider.

Make sure you read all the relevant fleet info before confirming your choice. Once you go with a GalCom or Insurgent fleet, it's difficult to transfer out. Be sure that the fleet you wish to join offers you the things you want out of BCM when it gets here. Dont join Orion if you prefer skulking around under cloak deep in Gam territory. Do join Orion if you want to work with the games best prepared, most active and most lethal ass kicking commanders there are.

As for the RP side of things, Orion is a heavy duty RP fleet. Check out the RP forum here, and over at the Orion website for an idea.

Any more questions regarding Orion, and what Orion would require of you, send mail to [email protected] and he'll sort you out.

Welcome to the war.

Of Course, Prime Fleet would be glad to have you as well. Prime Fleet's duties are more general than the other fleets. So if you like doing a bit of everything, consider Prime. We also have stations around Earth, the Moon, and Mars from which to base our ships, giving you a bit more choice in where to call home.

Whatever your choice, Welcome the the Battlecruiser Universe!

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: Badgerius ]

If you want to join ORION, as FC Blades said : email me at [email protected]

To clarify: ORION FLEET, I simply say that the difference between the GALCOM fleets is more of their position in terms of strategy. Each fleet has a specific purpose:

ORION's purpose is as stated; we are the big hitters of GALCOM, the strong arm if you will. The big armada that is set to destroy the enemies of GALCOM.

And if being part of a huge battle group is not for you, there are the espionage and patrol and defense fleets as well. ORION is multipurpose in the Attack and Defense, but is better suited to the Attack. Prime is more so suited to Defense than Attack but can perform both.

We would welcome having you among the ranks and simply check out our website, read what you can on us, and if you like what you see or need help or have questions then email me.

Even if you don't join Orion I will be happy to assist you in your choice.

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: $iLk ]

Welcome to the war Borg12.

I say, why temp fate, if it is meant to be, it is meant to be. You really think your first registration was an "accident"?

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: GREG MILLER ]

quote:

(That'll probably be Aramike)

Heh, guilty. Considering that neither you nor ANY fleet commander checks the DB regularly, somebody has got to keep things straight.

Anyway, Borg, you're never gonna get banned around here for an honest mistake. Don't let the detractors fool you -- THEY'RE the liars.

quote:

Originally posted by Blades:

Thats not true Mike. I check several times a day with the odd exception. The last week being one of them. So ner.

Ah yes, there's nothing like watching the hopeful Orion Fleet Commander as he searches for the savior that will prevent his fleet's complete obliteration.

Guest Remo Williams

LOL!! you guys

Anyway Borg12 Prime is always looking for a good Commander. I would direct you to our web site so you can read up on our Fleet, but its still under construction. So in short Prime is the oldest and the strongest of all Galcoms Fleets. Depending on which wing you join you could find yourself doing anything from heavy assult, to convoy duty, or even intel the choice is yours. If you have any questions email me at [email protected]

Regards

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

Ah yes, it's good to see other commanders following the Orion Fleets lead and registering fleet domain names. Now all we need is ISS and Wraith to loosen their purse strings and the GalCom set is complete. Bravo!

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by demolition:

LOL

I dont have a primefleet email address, remo owns primefleet site

thats why he has it....correct me if im wrong remo

You'll have one to shortly.

Well I guess we scared another recruit off Commanders. LOL!!

[ 08-19-2001: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

Guest jhnphm

I think I'll join Orion Fleet, Tsunami Battle group. My entry in the fleet DB is actually still there, under my real name, John Pham. I really like brute force.

Figured that was you sneakin in under there. Consider yourself approved, Cadet. Report ASAP to Commandant Badger of the Orion Fleet Academy ([email protected])for further introductions and assignment details. When (If) you graduate, you will be assigned to a Battle Group that would benefit most from your talents.

Once again, welcome to the war.

Dismissed.