Guest jhnphm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Commander Hamblin

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Just means you'll have to worry about friendly fire... I won't.

Of course not. Our fire is just as good, perhaps even better. Best of all, it most certainly will not be friendly, I can assure you of that.

Once again, welcome aboard, Borg12. Most of Orion Fleet's communicating is done in our forum. Here. That's why the Orion Fleet section of the Forum, isn't really active.

Also, you might want to check out the Orion site, www.orionfleet.com, although it does need some updating.

Let me answer your questions about RP, because I have been RPing since I joined, although I haven't been in Orion for even a month.

Head over to the RPG Discussion Forum. Look around and read a little. I haven't RPd online (besides here), so I'll try to describe it as best as I can.

It's like storytelling, to tell you the truth. Some of them, short stories, others, epic. Into The Fire has been up for 10 months, if you want to know what epic is. It reads just like a good novel.

The main writer, tells the main story, and moves the plot as needed. The others, write their character's parts, and move with the plot, and can add some sub-plots (sometimes). Just read. You'll understand, if you get into it.

We're sorta in the middle of a story (Into The Fire, by Orion Fleet Commander, Blades), but we're nearing the end of it. I'm sure you'll fit right in, once the time comes. These stories are good, though some take a long time. Like I said, Into The Fire, has been moving since October!!! 10 Months!!

Good luck, and I'm sure you'll do good. It was fate, man!

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Guest jhnphm

quote:

Figured that was you sneakin in under there. Consider yourself approved, Cadet. Report ASAP to Commandant Badger of the Orion Fleet Academy ([email protected])for further introductions and assignment details. When (If) you graduate, you will be assigned to a Battle Group that would benefit most from your talents

I contacted badger 2 days ago, but I have'nt had a response yet.

• 1 month later...
Guest Papercut

Anyone looking for a Fighert Pilot/Transport Pilot? lol prolly useless qualities but hey..

I was wondering if it were possible to join the GCV and then just get assinged to a fleet when I was needed.. means I am flexible.

I am most suited to itelligence opps. , getting people into/out of area's in transports, participating in co-ordinated assaults on enemy targets.

Any Special Opps (Intel) divisions need a new guy shout me plz !!

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Papercut ]

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Papercut ]

Many fleets have fielded Fighter Squadrons. Check them out.

Wraith Fighter Command is under the leadership of Dave "Whisper" Liev. Contact him or myself for details.

Orion also has its own fighter units, I believe Prime and the ISS may have them as well. As always, DO YOUR RESEARCH before joining any fleet, each Galcom Fleet has its niche. Check the FLEET FAQ and the Fleet's forums, webpages and charters for full info.

Good luck!

You ask me, sounds like he'd be perfect for Wraith Fighter Command. WFC is a good unit. OFC is modeled after it's excellent example but judging by your other prefered method of participating, you'd probably fit in better with Wraith than Orion. Orion is about overkill. We're the big guns of GalCOm, and we have a bulldozer approach to combat rather than stealth and finesse. Of course, we'd love to have you, but judging by first impressions, you look like you'd fit in well in Wraith.

All the same, I'll check the fleet database ...

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Blades ]

Prime Fleet wings and squadrons can include fighters, but you can't include them in commanders ships, simply 'cause it's impossible in BCM. You always start as a fighter pilot from space- or starstation and cannot dock with any ships, only space and starstations and naval carriers.

You are most welcome to the Prime

[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: Papi ]