Fleet DB - Attention New Members

For those new members that decide to join a fleet there is one thing that you must remember (aside form the other stuff) - you can only have one user profile.

* Not the same user that is a member of multiple fleets.

* Not the same user that has different careers or castes in the same or multiple fleets; i.e. Trader and EF Marine.

* Use the same e-mail address that you used to register on the forum. Free webbased e-mail address are not authorized.

IOW - pick ONE career/race/caste and stick with it.

I just booted a dopey new member from the Fleet DB that tried this.

TTFN

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

I think I did summat like that by mistake, sorry, and now i don't even remember my username

I'd like to add, that I'm VERY sorry, won't happen again, I wasn't trying any funny bussiness, I'm just new to this stuff

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Dopey ]

I have an issue with the Fleet Database that I've been meaning to ask about since I registered but I kept forgetting. Not this time!

The issue is with my Asset Name (Lion's Mane). In the Fleet DB, there's no apostrophe in "Lion's". That's because the server kept returning a syntax error message every time I tried it, so I left it out. Do I need to put in the entity code for an apostrophe? If so, what is it? If not, is there another way?

I find that sometimes when that happens, entering double apostophes ('') can fix the problem. This may be a long shot, but some programming languages take ' as the end of a string, and '' as an apostrophe within a string. Try it, it might work.

Hey Elio Jason, I think aramike referred to Gallion's topic post, not yours.

Now, one question, have you registered to the fleet db?

Registration to the forum is not enough.

This is only thing that comes to my mind.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Now, one question, have you registered to the fleet db?

He's registered in the DB Papi

Elio what are you entering as a user name in the DB? entering Commander Elio won't work because the DB adds Commander to your name in the the profiles. My security levels is to low to check and see what your registered user name is so I'm not much help sorry. All I can say is try to remember. If you can't then E-mail 3000ad or Thomas for help. You might try using just Elio for a user name, and see if that works

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

quote:

Originally posted by Menchise:

I have an issue with the Fleet Database that I've been meaning to ask about since I registered but I kept forgetting. Not this time!

The issue is with my Asset Name (Lion's Mane). In the Fleet DB, there's no apostrophe in "Lion's". That's because the server kept returning a syntax error message every time I tried it, so I left it out. Do I need to put in the entity code for an apostrophe? If so, what is it? If not, is there another way?

Sounds like a bug in the database. Will send email to Justin so that he can fix it.

quote:

Originally posted by Badgerius:

I don't think it's a database bug, since entering double apostrophes ('') fixes it. It sounds like an HTML limitation.

Anyway, there is a workaround.

HTML doesn't return syntax errors.

It's a problem with the PHP script that's reading the apostrophe as page syntax.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by AshSpear:

In order to join a fleet, should I just sign up in fleet DB, or should I first request permission to sign up?

Just signup at the Fleet Db.

You other folks - quit cluttering this thread with off topic smack

TTFN