Fleet Discussions

quote:

This is why I think all the AWOL or MIA members of Prime Fleet should be removed from the DB. If there not active in the forum they shouldn't be in a fleet.

Yay!

(we realised at Orion that if you remove all MIA members in the prime fleet db, Orion is bigger, or almost )

All fleet leaders need to send out an advisory to all members. If you don't hear from someone within, say, a week, delete them from the Roster.

And the issue of transfering members from fleet to fleet, should be a co-operative effort between both FCs. If there is a conflict, I'll step in and bang some heads.

$iLk sighs in relief after reading all these posts

The whole feeling was scary at first... thought the community was having a hiccup..

Anyhoo, SC I appreciate the fact that our MP games/ RP will be well structured. No newbies flying around broadcasting over the Comm channels how to make their engines restart.

NEWBIE25: HALP I PUSHED SOMETHING AND HEARD A SOUND LIKE A FORD TRUCK DYING!!!

BCCOMMANDER: CLEAR THE CHANNEL, RP only!

NEWBIE25: ARGHH... I ownz j00! Now how do I turn own weapons?!?!

BCCOMMANDER: RTFM!

NEWBIE25 has been booted

Well, I look forward to what is coming and remind you not to be stressed if possible SC, we can wait however long it takes, and I know that you are devoting your time towards fulfilling your promise of MP and I appreciate it. You stand by your product, and in the end you do care about your community's reaction and opinions.

No doubt you are saddened to see it completed and not being able to hear everyone shouting:

CAN YOU PLEASE ADD SKULL LASER BEAMS INTO THE GAME!!!?

hehe, you've gotta love us...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

All fleet leaders need to send out an advisory to all members. If you don't hear from someone within, say, a week, delete them from the Roster.

And the issue of transfering members from fleet to fleet, should be a co-operative effort between both FCs. If there is a conflict, I'll step in and bang some heads.

Heh, boss, I had 2 Insurgent fleets do that two months ago.

quote:

This makes Orion the biggest and most active single fleet in the game universe.
Phew

Very true, Blades. In fact, out of the 30 people listed under the Fleet DB with Orion, only 13 haven't reported, and the roll call was just started on the 24th! That's just one week! Also, at least 10 of us are active (as in posting) at least once a week. Wow, we have succeeded in recruiting the best of the best. Now it's time to help our other Fleet brethren.

Any ideas? Other than flat, evil never-ending outpouring propaganda, of course. (yes, it's evil; at least IMO)

---

Edit: Typos....

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

All but a small handful of those listed are active. Those that have reported in so far Im in contact with almost every day. There are some who for private reasons (Which I am aware of) only sound in every couple of weeks or so. However, there are a couple in particular who are going to be culled by close of business tuesday night.

As a matter of interest, I purge inactive members from the database on a fairly regular basis. If I hadnt been doing this, our members would be on par with Primes current, but the actual active list would be far lower.

LOL!! ------> $ILK. Now you know why am laying down the ground rules as of now.

Once I sanction the opening of the Beta mp servers to Fleet members (only devs and Beta testers will have initial access), any fleet member can join a server. And if any FC lets a newbie in and the git disrupts the server, the FC will be disciplined. The public won't have access to the Beta servers. In fact, I'm closing fleet registration on 10/15. If you aren't already in a fleet, you're not getting in a fleet until after the server is open to the public.

And the public servers will have some areas for newbie free-for-all. Let them go disrupt those servers. In fact, I'm going to put in a feature which an admin can use to hyperjump a newbie or other disruptor to a section of space, away from the main pathways. e.g. you could banish a newbie from Sol, all the way LV-103 I'll probably create a pocket universe and link it to a timed jump gate. This way, you can drop a newbie in there (similar to kicking) and he won't be able to jump out of it until the time runs out. Something like that. Of course, its best to just kick him off the server completely in order to save the bandwidth.

As for fleet members, they don't have to be around all the time. As long as they acknowledge that they are still alive and kicking (i.e respond to the role call), thats fine. No need to boot them. Some people have real lives (gee, what a concept) I think.

Yep, in the process of doing a roll call and emailing all members. If I don't hear from them inside of a week, I'll delet them this Sunday.

If they show up later on down the road, then they can always rejoin after the database is reopened.

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Karl Wolf ]

quote:

Originally posted by Melcar:

hmmmm..... Scripted Multiplayer....

I might just have to get involved with that... sounds like a BLAST.

Melcar, if you are joining a Fleet, you better get moving, Fleet Recruitment closes on 10/15/01.

The clock is ticking.