The Future of the ISS

Hello everyone. First post here. Thought I would ring in on the subject. Having never played BC before, I am not sure which fleet, if any, I would like to join. I am personally going to wait until after I've spent some time with BC:M before I even make a consideration.

I am sure, however, that I'm not the only one in this position. By the sounds of things, it will take a fair amount of time for me to get my head around the game, and until then I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable joining a fleet.

It is sounding like an incredible game, however, and I really look forward to playing it. I'm sure the multi-player aspect will be awesome, as I never really got into online 'deathmatch' (got boring fast). Hopefully this will give me a good use for my cable modem.

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: MrkGrismer ]

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with MrkGrismer here. I too want to wait till i've played BCM before making a decision about a fleet (although i'm already leaning towards ISS, it matches my style of play) People want to get into a game before they make a commitment to it. Once the game has hit shelves more people will get hooked.

Perhaps one of the problems is that the fleet system started too early and people lost interest with no game to play. I'm sure they'll come back though once they have played the game. The allure of the BC universe is to great.

buckthesystem: That's quite true. However, fleets are around for more than just gameplay purposes. For one, they facilitate RP rather well. Moreso, it's a lot better to have the fleets ready to go before the game ships rather than hastily throwing them together after the matter.

Welcome to Galcom, Commander von Schaffen. Since you're in Destrier Wing, you're under command of Orion Fleet, until ISS gets more members, to fill up the command chain. (I think Epsilon 5 was the one put in charge, temporarily. Was it?) Also, you're going to be in our turf. So welcome aboard our place, have a nice day, and ask me if you've got any more questions.

NERDBOYS???? hmmmm....

Let's See here

(source Webster's Dictionary),

wraith (rth)

n.

1. An apparition of a living person that appears as a portent just before that person's death.

2. The ghost of a dead person.

3. Something shadowy and insubstantial.

So which is it Fleet Commander Tac? Are you about to die, Already dead, or just a Figment of our imagination?

< incoming transmission >

< Encoding : none >

Welcome in the ISS fleet, Commander Von Schaffen.

Since ISS' numbers are still small I am the acting leader of the Destrier Wing. Don't worry, I'll try to give you a mission profile that is ISS-like, but you might have to do it the Orion way sometimes. Any question, comment or anything else can be addressed to me by email to [email protected]

< end of transmission >

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]