Introduction

Well, since I've decided to forget my Usual role as Lurker, might as well go all the way.

A little about my past... Hard core gamer, used to pick up a new game pretty much everytime I saw one, slacked off a bit when I found Everquest(Which I played for 2 years) I am pretty much done with that one now. Picked up BC3k v2.0 in '99 because I liked the Description on the box. Installed it, played it(Without reading the Manual) decided... this sucks...DELETE.

Late 2000 I was bored, decided to give it another try(I never throw out games) installed it(READ the manual) found BC3K site, patched up to 2.9, and had a BLAST with the Freeflight(played the ACM, just never finished it) and been Lurking on these boards ever since.

I like the sound of the SFA servers, and since you need to be in a Fleet to get into them, I am hearby Officialy requesting some more Info on ISS(Since they are actively recruiting I will give them the First shot).

From reading ISS is devoted to Intell and Espionage(as roleplayers) With Defense Wing for the Multiplayers(Correct me If I am mistaken).

While I do consider myself to be something of a roleplayer I am most interested in the Multiplayer aspect.

I guess What I am most interested in would be what would the Role expected of a Commander in ISS to be? (or does nobody truly know how this will all work yet?)

Potential drawbacks - Unsure at this time as to how much time I will be devoting to this game. and 56K modem... No broadband here yet.... That's what I get for living in small towns I guess, They say it's coming "SOON" well.... who knows when that is.

To Mr. Derek Smart, Supreme Commander,

Looks Like One HELL of a game, keep it up!

Respectfully,

Melcar De'Vaal

Hi there nice to have you here. You're not alone with the 56k modem as I'm also in the same boat as you are. I've been waiting for my cable modem for about a year now.

(Thread Hijack)

Lets start a countdown for when Fendi joins a fleet. Only Paddy seems to know what Fendi is going to be.

Hey Malcar, so your looking to join ISS...

Well your welcome too!

It's the job of the commanders of the ISS Fleet to protect the home systems Sol, Omicron Eridani etc. the main systems belonging to the Terran, Empirian and Vesperon races (the members of galcom). If you join the Defence fleet, you'll participate in the defence of these systems, backing up the other fleets when they have to fight back home and protecting civies throughout those systems.

Intel & Espionage is for role players AND multiplayers (im sure as hell am going to be playing multiplayer all the time), you can participate in the Roleplaying section of the forum or you can actually do some Intelligence or Espionage work. I&E see's a little less action than Defence and will probably have fewer members but having accurate intelligence on your enemy is vital in any good operation wouldn't you say?

You may even want to join CIOPS, a division of the I&E wing devoted to kicking the @$$'s of the insurgents through gathering info, sabotage etc.

If you want to join, sign up at the fleet database and Fleet Commander DeSylva will get to you shortly... at the moment he is incapable of doing so I believe. But in a day or so, he'll get to you and another recruit Urza.

Nice talking to you, and I hope you decide to join!