command posts

Yes, indeedy, when BCM starts shipping, figure out where ya wanna be. Prime, Wraith, Gammulan, indy, or yes, Orion, there are others as well, but you get the drift.

Always gotta take a stab at Blades when given the opportunity.

Anyway, choose your poison, Prime will let you have a capital ship most likely, if the inventory is there, and the Gammulans need commanders, so a storm Carrier might be in your future there, but other then that, I'm not at liberty to say!!

And yes,

Welcome to OUR nightmare!!

LOL

salisbury, if you mean capital ship the way I think you do, then all fleets have available ones. Depends on type. A carrier is hard to come by, these days.

Command posts? Do you mean as in ranking position command posts? ISS still needs officers in several of their branches. And, since their numbers are low, a whole bunch of their commanders (even the regular ones), have those super-cool Super Carriers, like Firestorms.

firestorm.jpg

The Firestorm-Class Super Cruiser

Of course, when more people join, they'll go back to what the regular fleets do, so 'hurry, while supplies last!'. Of course, I'm not sure if they're still doing this. Better check with them first.

quote:

Salisbury posted on 10-27-2001

I was wondering if there are any command posts still open in any of the fleets. If there are, please contact me as I would really like to command a capital ship. Thanks

That's funny, I would have thought the most of the ships available to the military are capital ships. As far as I know, we have super carriers, carriers, super cruisers and heavy cruisers in BCM, so our contemporary definition of capital ships doesn't really apply in BCM.

quote:

-from the fleets page

If you want to join a fleet, contact the Fleet Leader of the fleet in question.

I figured that you had to get permission from the fleet leader before you did the registration thing. Also when I took a peek at the registration form, there were so many entries, i thought that you would have to get that stuff assigned to you.

quote:

Do some research and pick a Fleet to affiliate with then join that via the Fleet DB after BCM starts shipping.

Okay assuming I've found the fleet I want, why do I have to wait until after BCM starts shipping? Thanks for all your help, and yes I have read all the faq pages and such.

If the database will accept your application, then dont worry about it. If it wont, it's because it's been put on hold until the MP patch is released. I dont think it's being enforced just yet, so if you wanna get yourself signed up, do so quickly.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

I figured that you had to get permission from the fleet leader before you did the registration thing. Also when I took a peek at the registration form, there were so many entries, i thought that you would have to get that stuff assigned to you.

I guess that would depend on which fleet you choose to join. If it was Prime Fleet you choose then you would contact me the fleets G1 personnel officer. I would give you your wing assignment let you know who your wing CO was and tell you to register to the fleet Database as such. Then the fleet Cmdr. would approve your registration and assign you your asset type probably a Battlecruiser MK2 for RP purposes anyway. Then your in business once you contacted your wing CO that is so he could give you your squadron assignment.

Regards

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

That's funny, I would have thought the most of the ships available to the military are capital ships. As far as I know, we have super carriers, carriers, super cruisers and heavy cruisers in BCM, so our contemporary definition of capital ships doesn't really apply in BCM.

Don't forget the fighters. There are Light, Medium, Heavy, and Super Fighters that Carriers carry. Then there are shuttles that need flyers for running away when the Gammulans dissable the carriers....

quote:

Posted by LordDavid:

Don't forget the fighters. There are Light, Medium, Heavy, and Super Fighters that Carriers carry. Then there are shuttles that need flyers for running away when the Gammulans dissable the carriers....

I assumed that he/we could tell the difference between a capital ship and the other kinds. Right? And to clarify again, a Commander controls a capital ship. Always. (Except when they're station commanders.) Be it a carrier, cruiser, transport, or what have you; it's a cap ship.

quote:

Posted by Epsilon 5:

Eh, Orion never
disable
enemy carriers

Ep5 is right, for the time being. But wait until GCO!

When GCO's here, I'll be able to go inside their ships, FPS-style, and convince them to let me "borrow" their ship..... (That is, if SC's wishlist for GCO gets down to adding FPS in enemy ships...)

-----

Actually, Ep5, I always loved the extra reward money of "selling" enemy ships at stations. I mean, even though it gives you less than half of the "destroyed enemy" EP, the extra cash does more than make up for it. (I'm greedy, so sue me. At least I'm not a mercenary anymore; you'd love to see my prices.)

.......And the folks at our newly renovated Interrogation Facilities at the Orion Starstation are just waiting to get their little zappers on some hapless Insurgent or Gam commander.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. P. Laracuente:

Do you mean that Orion commanders never leave a chance to live for those unlucky people?

Laracuente out

There is no better way that the hard way to make the enemy understand that YOU are superior.

At least I save them from any reprimand.

ISS has a few Wing Leader positions open, if you join and ask DeSylva nicely... you may get one, although... there are a few other members who are in the fleet that could ask before you (Get one before they do! }.

Hope you join up!

200th post... wOOt!!!