Expectations

Right, now that Intercorp is gaining members, and due to the offers for opening offices at various fleet HQs and bases, I would to get some comment from you fleeters

1) What kind of services are you expecting from Intercorp?

2) What kind of service do you think your fleet needs the most?

3) How would your fleet treat members of Intercorp? Whether they're being employed by your fleet or a hostile fleet?

4) What is your fleet's policy towards independents? Are they neutral, hostile or friendly?

5) Are you allowed to pursue vengeance or revenge in the event that a member of Intercorp DED you in the course of their contract?

6) Will your fleet require strict confidentiality on the parts of Intercorp members with regards to fleet deployement and various stuff?

That's the questions that I have coming out of my head now. Will post more later

Rico is our designated Corp Liason, but I can tell you that Prime is in the process of putting together a "Rental Agreement" for Private Corporations to rent office space and using our stations as launch platforms. When that is a little more solid, we'll release it. It should cover those points, and a few others we've thought of.

Guest Remo Williams

As Badgerius said all your questions will be answered in the agreement were drawing up for Intercorp. If you decide to use any of Primes Star Stations that is.

I will give you a hint about #5 though. The whole of Intercorp is accountable for the actions of its members. No matter what branch their in.

quote:

3) How would your fleet treat members of Intercorp? Whether they're being employed by your fleet or a hostile fleet?

4) What is your fleet's policy towards independents? Are they neutral, hostile or friendly?

5) Are you allowed to pursue vengeance or revenge in the event that a member of Intercorp DED you in the course of their contract?

6) Will your fleet require strict confidentiality on the parts of Intercorp members with regards to fleet deployement and various stuff?

1) Not sure

2) Not sure, but probably not much either.

3) Depends on the caste. If if a merc or assassin, it will have the same threatment as allies, enemies or it will be neutral, depending on the intimate's mission profile. If it's harmless, we will generally try to defend the ships, unless we think it's pying for the enemy.

4) See above

5) Probably, but only the attacker(s), and their employer(s)

6) Yes. But the independent side will only know the strict necessary for the completion of the mission/task

==> There aren't official.

- Commerce, transport of material and very probably contract of some of your guns for hire.

-Depends on the game. Transport and guns for hire is most likely.

That's a fine line you guys have to walk. If you start shipping or gunning for the insurgency, criminal entities or the gammulans, any of your ships found near their space will be boarded and inspected.If found containing weaponry it will be destroyed and the ship tagged as hostile.

That is not up to any fleet to decide. The game determines what you are as per your race/caste.

Again, thats up to your guys to walk the fine line. Destroying a Galcom vessel is punishable by IOD.

I dont believe any fleet will give intercorp that much access to sensitive info. IMO, radio silence is the only thing I would ask DURING the duration of the contract.

Since Intercorp has to be careful on which end of the law they walk on, I believe itd be best for "a criminal" intercorp-like organization to be created. Remember that the game itself is what will determine your hostile status... if your guns for hire end up shooting several galcom vessels, any galcom vessel, ai included, will show them as red. Destroy enough insurgent vessels and the insurgents will tag you red. Its hard to do bussiness in such ways. You do have Raider, Criminal, Assassin castes which can beef up the "criminal" Intercorp.. kind of like "La Famiglia" intercorp

Epsilon 5, those assumptions of yours are one thing but are not sanctioned by the Orion Fleet. I have been in discussions with Riga concerning the relationship between Intercorp and Orion and they shall be made public when appropriate. One policy I will make public at this time is that the Orion Fleet will never render assistance or other support Assasin castes and those that deal with them.

Depends on contract

Depends on what services can be provided and what the need is

Hostile Fleet = Target

Depends on their action(s) towards us

Do you feel lucky?

What do you think?

TTFN

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

That's a fine line you guys have to walk. If you start shipping or gunning for the insurgency, criminal entities or the gammulans, any of your ships found near their space will be boarded and inspected.If found containing weaponry it will be destroyed and the ship tagged as hostile.

That is not up to any fleet to decide. The game determines what you are as per your race/caste.

Again, thats up to your guys to walk the fine line. Destroying a Galcom vessel is punishable by IOD.

I dont believe any fleet will give intercorp that much access to sensitive info. IMO, radio silence is the only thing I would ask DURING the duration of the contract.

Since Intercorp has to be careful on which end of the law they walk on, I believe itd be best for "a criminal" intercorp-like organization to be created. Remember that the game itself is what will determine your hostile status... if your guns for hire end up shooting several galcom vessels, any galcom vessel, ai included, will show them as red. Destroy enough insurgent vessels and the insurgents will tag you red. Its hard to do bussiness in such ways. You do have Raider, Criminal, Assassin castes which can beef up the "criminal" Intercorp.. kind of like "La Famiglia" intercorp

Ok, reacting on (most of) the comments here:

I think you're right Tac, one cannot do dealings with GalCom fleets on the one hand and Insurgents or hostile races on the other hand without any consequences.

Moreover, like Blades stated, it has not only to do with race, but also with castes.

Now, both lines are very thin and it also depends on your point of view.

My view (not necessarily Intercorp's, we've got a board of directors now ) :

Intercorp is a corporation that does not employ people. It give those people a chance to get into contact with others that need a service.

In my case, as a trader I will stick with GalCom and do business with them. If Kenada decides to trade with insurgents then that's up to him, but in that case I would advise him to stick with that and stay away from GalCom territory.

However, the trader's division will not exclude either of us.

Bottom line: Intercorp is neutral in its dealings, _but_ its members are not. I would advice the members to make a choise and stick with it

Also the caste "problem" is tricky. Intercorp has a potential for an assassins division.

Now, Blades makes his case clear with respect to assassins. By doing that he excludes contact with that division, and consequently with intercorp since one of the directors is an assassin. Moreover, being a director myself and having dealings with that assassin director as well, also my humble person is at risk...

IMHO, you can hold a member accountable (just like any other non-member) and also the one that actually paid for the contract.

The corporation can be held responsible if it actively is involved in some action. Just bringing people together so that they can draw up a contract would not be enough to make them responsible.

Just my 2ct at 02:00 AM, so I'm probably not thinking straight anymore

EDIT: corrected some spelling

"Bottom line: Intercorp is neutral in its dealings, _but_ its members are not. I would advice the members to make a choise and stick with it"

Yep, thats about it. The problem becomes however, that if enough members dedicate themselves to piracy or other dealings while being members OF Intercorp, then Intercorp will get bad rep... even "neutral" ships may be fired upon by other non-aligned players as retaliation. Then you get a shooting war on your hands, and Galcom has to protect your ships and... well, you get the idea.

All I can say is each player will have to make its own choice, since the game itself assigns the hostile, nuetral or friendly targeting icons depending on what that player has done. If I see a certain member of Intercorp shooting at ANY galcom or neutral vessel, ill tear him to pieces, thats my duty as galcom member, just the same way as i'd protect him if he were under attack on my patrol.

As an independent organisation - any service your members can get paid for.

As an intelligence fleet, there may be occasions where operatives would require transport via non-military means. Same with cargo. All Corp members who fly armed vessels(and in fact, all ships allied with either the Terrans, Empirians, or Vesperons) would, in the case of an emergency that threatened their race or allegiance, be expected to assist the Defence Command in a situation where other military assistance was not forthcoming, merely as a matter of personal honour and allegiance to your race/government.

According to their threat designation. If they are a known criminal or known for partaking in criminal activities, they would be apprehended, or information rE: their whereabout passed onto local POL forces. If they are law abiding, they would be afforded the protective services of the ISS in hostile regions. If they are known rebels, terrorists, or are a military-level threat, they would be 'dealt with' directly by ISS defence command forces.

See above answer. Depends on their activity and their known history.

Within the guidelines of Galactic Command's charter. If they are known to be hostile to Galactic Command forces and they stray into the patrol zone of an ISS fleet member, then they'll be asked to stand down and surrender, and if they refuse, engaged in battle.

You really need to ask? Trust me, if the ISS is hiring, you won't NEED to keep anything confidential, because you won;t know anything of any importance. And no whinging, because any military fleet would treat you no differently. Whether you're civilian or paramilitary.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

[QB

Yep, thats about it. The problem becomes however, that if enough members dedicate themselves to piracy or other dealings while being members OF Intercorp, then Intercorp will get bad rep... even "neutral" ships may be fired upon by other non-aligned players as retaliation. Then you get a shooting war on your hands, and Galcom has to protect your ships and... well, you get the idea.

[/QB]

That's why I'm eager to setup shop at the fleet's starstation.

Say I would have an office at Lyrus and my normal dealings would be with Wraith, then no Wraith commander would think of reducing my humble person to ashes. They know what I do for them and what I represent (unless I start dealing with insurgents under their eyes, but then its my own fault). Moreover, even if other parts of Intercorp get a bad rep, even then the rep of the _independant_ office at Lyrus would remain good.

This all does not mean that I do not have my own agenda and interests, but I would be a fool to decide on the location of an office if that location does not at least has great similarities with my own situation/views.

There is also the point of liaisons between the fleets and intercorp. Exchange of information would improve the relationship between the fleet(s) and intercorp. That does not mean that I expect sensitive info (wouldn't get it anyway) but it helps both parties to trust eachother over time.

quote:

Originally posted by DeSylva:

According to their threat designation. If they are a known criminal or known for partaking in criminal activities, they would be apprehended, or information rE: their whereabout passed onto local POL forces. If they are law abiding, they would be afforded the protective services of the ISS in hostile regions. If they are known rebels, terrorists, or are a military-level threat, they would be 'dealt with' directly by ISS defence command forces.

That would only work for race/caste designations, but not if someone is carrying out a contract for say, the insurgents.

How would you know (based on rase/caste designation on your radar screen) who I am doing business for? That would imply that you'd stop all traders and interrogate them/search their ship.

Naturally it's a different story if you have actual intel that says so, but other than that, my LRT-15 is just like the next one...

Like Riga said, especially for the pacific castes, it is very hard to find out what an indie is doing for business.

Thus question 6 above, although you might screen all sensitive information, an indie would still be able to see some important things like fleet deployment especially if the indie's office in on the said fleet's base.

Even, if there is no indication of what the deployment is intended for, a indie may sell the information to the highest bidder for e.g. the fleet has left the base unguarded, ripe of invasion

So my questions stands how are you gonna prevent 6 from happening?

The way I see it, you can prevent 6 from happening by doing the following

1) signing of contract for non-disclosure

2) spying on said indie

3) rely on the honour of the indie (i.e. none)

4) whatever you might think of

I know I'm going out on a limb here, but to be fair have to remind you fleeters about the risks of having indies on your base.

Guest Remo Williams

Hehe I'm well aware of the dangers in having and indie group located on our stations. The others in Prime had to talk long and hard to get me to consider it for logistical reasons. Now that this thread has implied that Intercorp is considering working with the Insurgents or at least parts of Intercorp. I'm not so sure our offer still stands at this point.

Time will tell I suppose. I would think about who I want to deal with. Because dealings with the Insurgents would almost certainly make the Terran quadrant off limits for Intercorp members as far as GALCOM is concerned. Also keep in mind Prime Fleet will be almost every where in the terran Quadrant and beyond.

I think known previous association with hostile groups should be justification enough for searches, especially in the isolated territories of Sol that the ISS patrols, where civilian law enforcement is thin on the ground...

The ISS will be setting up a database for monitoring the activities and known associations of indie players. We'll be watching Intercorp (or it's members) closely. We'll leave Intercorp itself up to the ISS Commercial Lawyer branch...*grin*.

quote:

Remo Williams posted on 11-02-2001

Hehe I'm well aware of the dangers in having and indie group located on our stations. The others in Prime had to talk long and hard to get me to consider it for logistical reasons. Now that this thread has implied that Intercorp is considering working with the Insurgents or at least parts of Intercorp. I'm not so sure our offer still stands at this point.

Time will tell I suppose. I would think about who I want to deal with. Because dealings with the Insurgents would almost certainly make the Terran quadrant off limits for Intercorp members as far as GALCOM is concerned. Also keep in mind Prime Fleet will be almost every where in the terran Quadrant and beyond.

I think you are getting the wrong impression from my questions and explanation guys. What I mean is this Intercorp being a indie organisation has no hold and control over our members doings on its members as per our charter.

I just wanted to find out what your reaction is towards the situations that might arise. But the idea of holding Intercorp responsibility over the actions of the members is paradoxical as we're are NOT allowed to tell our members what to do with the exception of office bearers unlike the fleets. So treating Intercorp like you would a fleet would be unfair to the organisation.

I would propose that each Intercorp member whether invited to set up bases on the respective fleet bases or not, are to be judged on their own merits instead of judging the whole of Intercorp based upon the actions of certain members.

If you allow indies (or "civilians") into your military base I would have thought it would be prudent to carry out a security clearance proceedure on said individuals. If they have a dodgy background then it is your right to refuse access. This could be reviewed on a regular basis.

Let's face it, indies are out there to make money, contacts, form networks and get on in (GCO) life. Therefore there won't be many short sighted Indies who will want to throw away decent business opprtunities and screw up the potential for any in the future.

Unless of course, they have a personal beef with any particular military organizations.

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: Guybert ]

If an indie who signs on with Intercorp violates the terms and conditions of any agreement with the Orion Fleet, that individual will be held responsibile. If the transgresion is serious enough to warrant further action, Intercorp directors (Those responsible for their members playing by it's own rules/agreements with fleets) will be held accountable. Orion has discussed some terms with Intercorp which would allow for a beneficial working relationship between the two. It would offer mutual protection in times of extreme emergency, as well as other benefits of such an association. However, Orion will not deal with Intercorp members who, as DeSylva stated above, are of criminal association or are known to be agressive to harmless castes within GalCom controlled space. Assasins will never be tollerated at Orion, so it is advised that these individuals stay well clear of Alpha Centauri.

Intercorp can profit from working with the fleets, or it can suffer through through not. Whatever they decide, they are better off working with us, and accepting any contractual restrictions that the fleet imposes. If they dont, well, the fleets will get by. Intercorp, however may find itself alienated or subject to legal, but lenghty random ship inspections.

Hey, it's not a threat. It's business. Im sure you can appreciate that.

quote:

Originally posted by Guybert:

Let's face it, indies are out there to make money, contacts, form networks and get on in (GCO) life. Therefore there won't be many short sighted Indies who will want to throw away decent business opprtunities and screw up the potential for any in the future.

Indie vets would not, but newbies? that's another question. It would be the responsibility of the intercorp directors / senior members to educate them. In practice, misbehaving members would be expelled since, in general, they are bad business. Both for themselves (I don't mind, its their choice) and intercorp's (i do mind, that's my lifelyhood...)

Expelling a member, in my opinion, would be a last resort, but not something that would be impossible.

quote:

Originally posted by DeSylva:

I think known previous association with hostile groups should be justification enough for searches, especially in the isolated territories of Sol that the ISS patrols, where civilian law enforcement is thin on the ground...

That's only logical. Like I already stated, the rep of a player will determine how the fleets will handle him. If you have reason to investigate, then that's up to you. If you encounter an indie with a dubious background then you're probably right. If it is someone with a good rep, then he might get tired from being searched all the time and move his business (and change his attitude towards that fleet as well).

Keyword here is probably balance.

quote:

The ISS will be setting up a database for monitoring the activities and known associations of indie players. We'll be watching Intercorp (or it's members) closely. We'll leave Intercorp itself up to the ISS Commercial Lawyer branch...*grin*.

Why ISS branch? Make it an Intercorp branch. Then the director (ISS) would be in the board of directors. What better intel than that

quote:

Originally posted by Blades:

[QB]If an indie who signs on with Intercorp violates the terms and conditions of any agreement with the Orion Fleet, that individual will be held responsibile.

IMHO only fair.

quote:

If the transgresion is serious enough to warrant further action, Intercorp directors (Those responsible for their members playing by it's own rules/agreements with fleets) will be held accountable.

With that you're implying direct involvement or working knowledge of an intercorp director in the activities of one of its members?