what do fleets do?

Going kamakazi is the least effective way. You die on the spot. If you return home you can get at it for a second later time. Sure, ramming into the other craft inflicts heavy damage to it. But so does it to yours, if not complete destruction, and sum up how many times you will not be able to inflict damage in the future.

We're not all to happy about people that die in battle when they can't handle the stress and then just hop in again to do the same thing all over again. If you die you deserve to get punnished for it. IOW wait in line for your craft to get replaced or recovered/repaired. I hope you're not like that. Or else I hope we can show you why we are not.

(or was I not speaking for all of us, guys?)

would you rather have me get blown out of space with out causing any damage?

i did say i would do such a thing olny when there would be no hope for me any way.

hay if i could run that would better any day!

or better yet if i could some how win with out dieing that would be best of all!!

quote:

Originally posted by warreng:

ok i see never mind,

but what would you do if you got traped in a ambush? or is there such a thing in bmc?

Imagine a cloaked Firestorm (or two or whatever) sidles up next to you, looses two missiles (choose your flavor) which slam into your shields nicely as it launches all it's figthers at you and cuts loose with all turrets.  Such actions tend to have a negative impact on a player's day .

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

There used to be a BCM multiplayer faq which answers all sorts of questions, but I can't find it on this site anymore. The version I have here is from late Feb 2000, way before BCM went into beta, so maybe not so accurate anymore as to it's current state.

Here are some points of interest:

quote:

Assets are replenished when destroyed. So, if you are flying around in a carrier that gets destroyed, you will be dumped back at your launch site where you can re-launch from. Of course, if there are no carriers available, you have to wait until one is replaced or, you'll have to pick something else.

quote:

If you die and there are no friendly or neutral launch sites for you to be taken to, you will have to pick another Race/Caste that has one, or wait in the lobby until a station/base is repaired and operational.

quote:

All assets are repaired and resupplied by the engine. Can also be server configured. So, for eg, in a simulated game of total destruction, you can disable all asset repair and resupply. This allows games in which the side with all destroyed assets, loses.

If you like to read the rest of it give me a holer on [email protected] and I'll send it.

P.S. In addition to my previous post on kamikaze, you will loose all your well trained crew. I for one don't want to waste that effort.

And I didn't get mad or anything about you, just shared my views. (I think many of us have)

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]